Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:05 PM

14 posts, read 59,915 times

Advertisements

I am totally with you!!! but my mom is developing Alzheimers and lives with me. We are now relocating to SA and she is asking to raise chickens, I am having a hard time saying no to her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor2007 View Post
You know they sell those really cheap at the supermarket, right? You can get 18 generic brand ones for like $2, you know that right?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:22 PM

627 posts, read 1,622,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHTX View Post
I am totally with you!!! but my mom is developing Alzheimers and lives with me. We are now relocating to SA and she is asking to raise chickens, I am having a hard time saying no to her...
So, it's really for her as pets, right?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:24 PM

actually no, in her mind, she thinks she should raise chicken for eggs to help out on the household expenses - you and I know the logic is lacking there, but she is Mom.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor2007 View Post
So, it's really for her as pets, right?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:47 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,647 times
Quote:
if you really don't want to have chickens and are only doing it for your mom, can't you just tell her that unfortunately it's not allowed in the city limits or it's not allowed by the neighborhood association???

at our old neighborhood we had an asian familly that lived 2 doors down from us ... they were raising chickens in their backyard and all the neighbors hated them (the chickens) and eventually the resent moved to not only the chickens but to the family as well...the rooster crowed at 4am every morning...the chickens got into peoples yards...one day one was perched up in our tree...the asian man was quite upset that our gate was locked and he could not get in our yard...i didn't know it was back there and let our dog out who chased it out of the yard and into the front yard where it ran up the street and out of the neighborhood...the asian man was so upset with me that we lost his chicken...like it was my fault...

neighbors were calling code compliance on them and then the association...they had letters sent to them from the association to get rid of the chickens...it was very tense for many months between all neighbors and this family...

Old 09-07-2009, 08:57 PM

Good thinking.... I guess I never thought about it that way. I was focusing on finding out about the rules so she can have the chickens....Good thinking Mrstxcop! So as far as my research goes, the neighborhood we are going to move to doesn't allow chickens - it is official Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
if you really don't want to have chickens and are only doing it for your mom, can't you just tell her that unfortunately it's not allowed in the city limits or it's not allowed by the neighborhood association???

at our old neighborhood we had an asian familly that lived 2 doors down from us ... they were raising chickens in their backyard and all the neighbors hated them (the chickens) and eventually the resent moved to not only the chickens but to the family as well...the rooster crowed at 4am every morning...the chickens got into peoples yards...one day one was perched up in our tree...the asian man was quite upset that our gate was locked and he could not get in our yard...i didn't know it was back there and let our dog out who chased it out of the yard and into the front yard where it ran up the street and out of the neighborhood...the asian man was so upset with me that we lost his chicken...like it was my fault...

neighbors were calling code compliance on them and then the association...they had letters sent to them from the association to get rid of the chickens...it was very tense for many months between all neighbors and this family...

Old 09-07-2009, 08:57 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:

Chicken with snow peas anyone?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
actually no, in her mind, she thinks she should raise chicken for eggs to help out on the household expenses - you and I know the logic is lacking there, but she is Mom.....
How old are you and how old is your mom?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Good thinking.... I guess I never thought about it that way. I was focusing on finding out about the rules so she can have the chickens....Good thinking Mrstxcop! So as far as my research goes, the neighborhood we are going to move to doesn't allow chickens - it is official Thanks!
Your Welcome!!!

Good Luck with your move...

Old 09-07-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Chicken with snow peas anyone?
you have no idea --- this family actually had a cooker in the backyard...kind of like a large, smooth cooktop...something you would see at a place that cooks food in front of you at the table ---

one day the guy that lived right next door to them, on the left, told me he heard a horrible screeching coming from the backyard...he goes outside and sees them breaking the chicken necks and de-feathering the chickens right there in the backyard...they were firing up the cooktop for some lemon chicken or something...

it was some crazy stuff i tell you...

Old 09-07-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
you have no idea --- this family actually had a cooker in the backyard...kind of like a large, smooth cooktop...something you would see at a place that cooks food in front of you at the table ---

one day the guy that lived right next door to them, on the left, told me he heard a horrible screeching coming from the backyard...he goes outside and sees them breaking the chicken necks and de-feathering the chickens right there in the backyard...they were firing up the cooktop for some lemon chicken or something...

it was some crazy stuff i tell you...
That sounds fresh and delicious to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio