Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 05:33 PM

37 posts, read 118,591 times

Advertisements

I happen to agree somewhat since Sapphire reminded me that life is too short to sweat the small stuff. By reading all other responses so far there is quite a few reasons why people drive like they do. I personally hope that this doesn't discourage you to come visit our great city someday ( if you have not already) and see our great attractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 05:11 PM

370 posts, read 882,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the411 View Post
I happen to agree somewhat since Sapphire reminded me that life is too short to sweat the small stuff. By reading all other responses so far there is quite a few reasons why people drive like they do. I personally hope that this doesn't discourage you to come visit our great city someday ( if you have not already) and see our great attractions.
Hi 411,
I totally relate to road frustrations and in hindsight realize that my own were not necessarily related to other drivers but, my own schedule.

My anticipated relocation to your fine city is the end of July!! I am very excited. I anticipate being assigned permanent post to Fort Sam Houston and should have training from August to October.

Currently I am seeking a consistant temporary foster for my three cats while I am at trainings or sent to future trainings out of state. They are aged 11, 6 and 4.5.

Hey, piggybacking, if you know of any interested parties they are welcomed to register as temp fosters for interview at "operation Noble Foster" and food, litter and vet care is covered! However, if you do know of any intersted parties, PLEASE have them email me. ;0)
Gen

Old 11-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmammoo View Post
To skip the light at the intersection...
I get on freeways and get off at the next exit for that reason, too. It can save 2-3 minutes when the light turns red as you approach it on the access road. I'd rather get to my destination sooner than idle at a traffic light.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:46 PM

37 posts, read 118,591 times
I can see where you are coming from,Bowie but consider the safety issues. On 410 (both directions) between Ingram and Callaghan,there is continous construction barricades that can make entering the freeway dangerous due to limited sight distance( exception between ingram@bandera eastbound and callaghan@evers westbound). Those that use the access road trying to get onto 410 eastbound between airport blvd. and Broadway know I mean. That entrance ramp is a potential deathtrap! But at least it's justified to get past Broadway since it's a mess too. That whole area of 410is experiencing a massive expansion to 10 lanes with added merge on/off ramps with will eliminate those headaches.

Speaking of the construction, for all those not aware, Loop 410 between Ingram/Culebra to Callaghan will not be finished until at least end of 2009.
The section of 410 east of 281 will not be completed until at least end of 2010 barring further rain delays.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,602 times
Default old post..but worth commentin on!! and i am new here too!

ok, so i have been reading up on this thread and thought i would love to give my 2 cents worth.

i was born in TX and have lived here most of my life untill i moved to Sacramento CA back in 98. that is where i learned to acutally "drive". the freways there are all (almost all anyway) 65 but you would be hard pressed to find ppl that do 65. most ppl (self included) do about 80 or better. any less and you normally impeed traffic. it is also not uncommon to be passed by CHP while doing same speeds.

i moved here the end of Sept this year and was surprised. i can live with ppl doing the speed limit only, but everyone who does 65 thinks they should drive in the left lane...whats up with that? i find that i have to pass and drive in the SLOW lane as thats where there seem to be NO cars....i don't get it.

and my biggest gripe. WTF is up with all the stupid yield signs? i have almost rearended 4 cars (my first week here) as they straight up STOP when they should be merging. my case in point is going from 1604w to 281 south. every one stops at the corner. do ppl here not know that the solid white line is protected? do ppl not know they can.....get this....drive and speed up and merge with the rest of traffic on the side road thingy? i must admit that i am one that suports using the horn in such cases and do so frequently. there is NO REASON to stop. when i ride my motorcycle and they stop, i use the horn too but if they won't budge, i just go around them and give them the #1 sign...

:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio