Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:05 PM

824 posts, read 1,816,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HearingThings View Post
how far is way, way south?

Unfortunately, it's really way south. South of the 410, but not quite as far as 1604.

Thanks, everyone, for the very helpful responses. I will definitely check out Northwood/Oak Park, as the housing stock looks similar to what we have now. Although we just finished a years' long renovation to our current place, so we're hoping to land somewhere that's already updated (which unfortunately rules out the AH-area fixers).

I think we're torn between where we would like to live (urban) and what would be practical for our family life with kids (suburban). We're making a house hunting trip soon, and these tips are really great!
First, welcome.

For whatever it's worth, I live in MV, and while there aren't as many families with children as you'll find in the burbs, there are plenty of families here. Most of my friends (in MV and other comparable neighborhoods) are just starting families and have no desire/intentions on leaving.

I think most of my friends assume they'll be sending their kids to private school, though. Unless you're in AH, public schools really aren't an option.

I wouldn't trade where we are vs. the burbs, even taking kids into account. Our neighborhoods, aside from the other obvious attributes, have tremendous access to the most important educational & cultural resources in the city (meaning museums, colleges/universities, parks, the zoo, libraries, etc.). And, of course, some of the best private schools are in our neck of the woods, too.

That said, there's nothing down here that can compete with the amenity schedule of places like RR, and it'll certainly be less expensive (on a per sf basis) than most neighborhoods down here.

Good luck on your search, and I hope you find lots to love about SA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 07:26 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
And, of course, some of the best private schools are in our neck of the woods, too.

That said, there's nothing down here that can compete with the amenity schedule of places like RR, and it'll certainly be less expensive (on a per sf basis) than most neighborhoods down here.

Good luck on your search, and I hope you find lots to love about SA.
What "best private schools" are you referring to? Just curious.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,441,550 times
I believe he's referring to keystone which outside of st. Marys hall is probably the top private school academic wise in town.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 PM

45 posts, read 174,622 times
is clark a private school?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
I believe he's referring to keystone which outside of st. Marys hall is probably the top private school academic wise in town.
Where and how can you find this kind of information? Is there actual data to support that?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:37 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,970 times
This could get interesting......

Old 01-17-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
What "best private schools" are you referring to? Just curious.
Keystone School & San Antonio Acadamy were the ones I had in mind.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Where and how can you find this kind of information? Is there actual data to support that?
If you can use the internet to start an argument on a message board, I'm assuming you can use it to google information on both these schools.

Seriously; you really ought to focus on something more productive.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
If you can use the internet to start an argument on a message board, I'm assuming you can use it to google information on both these schools.

Seriously; you really ought to focus on something more productive.
Chiiilll out duuude - u are always so argumentative and its gotten stale. You need to check yourself dvlpr.

ANYWAYS....The reason I asked is because I'm thinking about looking for another school for my son who is currently in his second year of private school. It would be helpful to get others opinions and data regarding private schools in SA. Productive enough for you????

Old 01-17-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Chiiilll out duuude - u are always so argumentative and its gotten stale. You need to check yourself dvlpr.

ANYWAYS....The reason I asked is because I'm thinking about looking for another school for my son who is currently in his second year of private school. It would be helpful to get others opinions and data regarding private schools in SA. Productive enough for you????
That's not what it read like (in either of your posts), but it looks like I made an invalid assumption about your motives, and I apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio