Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 11:32 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,246,257 times

Advertisements

Am starting to see more development on the northern extent of the storm complex around Kerrville. This will put SA in a great spot to get some soaking rains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 11:33 AM

436 posts, read 1,614,254 times
love those radar images, anthony. are they from noaa or somewhere else?

I love to drive myself crazy looking for rain on radars.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:36 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
They will not penetrate the force field around SA.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Looks like it's starting to fizzle out to me. Hopfully there is more humidity down here for it to work with and it will reform. What do you think Anthony? Or, am I all wet, so to speak?
Yeah in the last radar scan I do see the storm shooting out an outflow boundary... but we have enough moisture and instability in place to hopefully trigger further development. There's also more outflow boundaries to our north from the storms in North Texas earlier today that help stir things up some more, especially if the boundaries converge.

However, like I said, I do see the intensity picking up on the northern side of the complex at least in the last couple of scans .. and that is the area that puts SA in the best trajectory. Hopefully that trend continues.

Until then, I'm keeping my fingers crossed with what we have now.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsomeinfo View Post
love those radar images, anthony. are they from noaa or somewhere else?

I love to drive myself crazy looking for rain on radars.
The radar images are from Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground

I have a bunch of weather links posted on a sticky on the www.city-data.com/forum/weather section.

EDIT: here's the link ULTIMATE Weather Links! ... it's no longer a sticky. oops

Last edited by AnthonySA; 07-30-2009 at 11:48 AM..

Old 07-30-2009, 11:49 AM

436 posts, read 1,614,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
The radar images are from Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground

I have a bunch of weather links posted on a sticky on the www.city-data.com/forum/weather section.

EDIT: here's the link ULTIMATE Weather Links! ... it's no longer a sticky. oops
thanks so much.

I can now drive myself crazy all afternoon.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:54 AM

No problem

Just to follow up w/ more weather analysis. Remember all the graphics I posted earlier? Well to update.. the dewpoint values have remained relatively stable in the lower 70s, the Precipitable Water values have risen slightly to a very tropical 2" over Bexar County, and the Lifted Index dropped some more. In addition, the outflow boundary that shot out along the southern end of the storm complex has reactivated due to the favorable environment I just mentioned.

I see nothing stopping SA from getting a good soaker today with widespread rainfall totals ranging from a half inch to 2 inches.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:01 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
They will not penetrate the force field around SA.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM

124 posts, read 253,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
No problem

Just to follow up w/ more weather analysis. Remember all the graphics I posted earlier? Well to update.. the dewpoint values have remained relatively stable in the lower 70s, the Precipitable Water values have risen slightly to a very tropical 2" over Bexar County, and the Lifted Index dropped some more. In addition, the outflow boundary that shot out along the southern end of the storm complex has reactivated due to the favorable environment I just mentioned.

I see nothing stopping SA from getting a good soaker today with widespread rainfall totals ranging from a half inch to 2 inches.

Thank you Anthony - I LOVE your weather commentary - but I am a bit of a geek.

Why can't you be on KENS or KSAT - the weather we get there mostly is a detailed list of the temperatures around the city at every po-dunk location for Today.

What I would love is a longer - term forcast - from someone like you looking out at least a week and dscussing what are the longer term prospects for Rain. Plus you can use all of your fancy terms like 'Lifted Index' and 'Precipitable Water values'

Old 07-30-2009, 12:32 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,936,811 times
TruPoint on weather.com says that only north of 1604 will get substantial rain, it appears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio