Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 05:58 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,049,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
If this is true, it is very unfortunate. Back in the mid '90's when I lived at Fountainhead, I attended a public meeting that SAHA put on. They promised that the only people that would be in this public housing apartment complex would be those working toward a degree in the medical field but that required assistance.
Oh, yeah. I know somebody who attended that same meeting. SAHA lied to you. No surprise there, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 06:51 PM

137 posts, read 284,103 times
I also checked out promontory pointe when looking for a place and it was nice, but the reviews dont lie I saw cars with windows broken and the gate never worked. 1st day they said it was being fixed and in a week from then it was still "being fixed". I ended up at the village of hampton cove. Gates actually work and the traffic is not bad at all. I work in downtown and it takes about 15-20 min leaving at 7:30. Its quiet and the only complex on the street (expo blvd), i believe helps out alot. Good luck.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:18 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,704,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj007 View Post
I also checked out promontory pointe when looking for a place and it was nice, but the reviews dont lie I saw cars with windows broken and the gate never worked. 1st day they said it was being fixed and in a week from then it was still "being fixed". I ended up at the village of hampton cove. Gates actually work and the traffic is not bad at all. I work in downtown and it takes about 15-20 min leaving at 7:30. Its quiet and the only complex on the street (expo blvd), i believe helps out alot. Good luck.
That's the one I was talking about! I like that one. And you're so so close to shopping, groceries, and entertainment there. It's a good choice.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:00 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,603 times
Not sure if OP has made a decision yet, but just in case (and for others who might read this thread), I lived at The Lodge at Shavano Park for a year back in 2004...it was no question the best apartments I had ever lived in. Huebner @ Lockhill-Selma.

They provided a washer/dryer as well. Available covered parking and garages. If I hadn't moved into a house, there would have been no reason for me to leave. Loved the area as well. Just thought I'd share...

Old 04-05-2010, 09:10 AM

968 posts, read 2,625,156 times
so promonotory point used to be midget mansion...and i was reading that the management certainly knows about weird things that go on there.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:22 AM

923 posts, read 1,503,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
so promonotory point used to be midget mansion...and i was reading that the management certainly knows about weird things that go on there.
One more reason not to move there, that would be creepy...

Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 AM

163 posts, read 311,588 times
I always recommend the following site for apt. reviews...as someone previously mentioned, it's usually only unhappy people that bother to post, but you can at least look for consistency among the reviews:

Promontory Pointe Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other San Antonio apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Personally speaking, I have two friends that live at Promontory Point and have been there a number of times. The apartments and grounds seem decent, but guest parking is horrific, and the area is generally a bit sketchy.

Another option near Stone Oak but not really in Stone Oak is Talavera. It's off of Blanco near 1604 and borders a golf course. A friend has lived there for the last 3 years and I think she pays under $700 for a 1br with a w/d (not sure if they were included, or owned). She doesn't complain about it TOO often.

Talavera Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other San Antonio apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Also, I spend a lot in the Huebner Oaks area and if there is a place there within your price range, it seems like a nice area and convenient location.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:16 AM

74 posts, read 148,780 times
ok, so I thought I would update. I DID move into Promontory Pointe on April 6th. So yesterday was the end of my first month here. I just wanted everyone to know, don't trust the reviews....im sure at some point this place may have been horrible, but so far so good it's ben a great place to live. There have been no vehicle break ins, and at night there is a security vehicle that roams around for a few hours in the parking lot. The complex in general is very quiet, and the few neighbors I have had the chance to run into are very nice. The location is fine as far as I'm concerned. Not "sketchy" like people were saying. I mean late at nigt there's "sketchy" people every now and then but even then they're harmless. And by late night, after midnight, it's pretty empty and quiet. I like that I am no more than 15 minutes from everything...downtown, work, att center, six flags, etc etc.

so if someone is wondering what the complex is like....fear not! It's pretty comfortable, the apartments are nice, and it's real quiet.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:33 AM

420 posts, read 1,155,785 times
update again in a few more months

Old 05-07-2010, 09:24 AM

291 posts, read 608,087 times
I will agree with you. I had a friend who lived there for a year and a half. No issues at all except maybe for parking. I would recommend that place just based on her experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio