Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 12:19 PM

3 posts, read 5,345 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I've recently moved to Temecula and am looking for a gym in the area. I wanted to know which ones you would/wouldn't recommend and why. I do intend to tour the gyms and do the 7 day trials many of them offer before joining. But still, that only tells part of the story of how a gym is.

I would highly prefer a gym that offers Les Mills (though that isn't absolutely necessary) classes and day care is a must. Preferably, a gym with a day care with a low once a month fee would be great.

I'm mainly looking at 24 hour fitness and Gold's Gym. 24 hour fitness doesn't seem to have as great of a group class schedule as Gold's, but I've heard awful things about Gold's in general. I'm also open to other gyms than just those two.

Also, how is the Y here?

So, thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 10:18 PM

80 posts, read 295,996 times
I can only comment on 24 Hour Fitness, but I really like it. It's clean, the atmosphere is good (people clean up after themselves), and it's open all the time (hence the name...).

Old 09-21-2010, 08:30 AM

458 posts, read 1,262,833 times
The classes at 24 hour are always packed, most of the time you get there and you have to be put on a waiting list to see if their is room for you in the class. Its a real pain and I don't like the way they run it. Lets say you want to go to the 7am spin class, you show up at 645 and the class is full. The reason being is that people who are doing a class at 6am are already signed up for the 7am class as well. They need to limit it or add more classes. One way around it is you can pay extra every month at that gym and it pretty much gurantees you a spot in the classes. I am already paying my monthly dues and don't feel as if I should have to pay more for classes because they are always full. I was working out at the Point Loma 24 hr before moving to Temecula and I never had issues with classes nor did I have to pay extra for them. Other then that the gym is good. Just ask about the classes and how full they end up getting and ask about the waiting list and having to pay extra to get the preferred classes.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:12 PM

105 posts, read 552,170 times
Default There's a gym in French Valley

There's a gym in the French Valley section of Temecula called Temecula Valley Fitness. It's smaller and more family-oriented....but a fantastic kids club.

The LA fitness on Winchester Road is newer, and that would be one that I would check out.

Overall, because of the traffic in the gereral Temecula/Murrieta area, I'd make sure you knew where you were living before you make a decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties