Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 09:48 AM

6 posts, read 12,747 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

My boyfriend and I are planning to move to Victorville for awhile. We found a place that looks nice online (we live in Charlotte, NC so we haven't seen it in person yet) but I was wondering if the area around Adobe Pl. is nice or not?

Thanks,
Samantha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 12:12 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
unless you're absolutely desperate to leave, i would just stay put. i have lived in both VA and CA and would take NC or VA over Victorville everyday of the week. Victorville is at the very fringe of the LA metro area and in a desert with extreme temperatures in both the summer and winter. besides easy access to local ski resorts, there's not much there. if you want to go to LA, it's over an hour away without traffic (which is rare) and the beach is even further.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:36 PM

6 posts, read 12,747 times
I would love to stay put and have no desire to move to CA, but unforuntely his ex just moved out there with his kid so he has to move out there til they get the custody thing figured out. I have read some of the things on the board about Victorville and am now a little bit worried about gangs. In my rural town in VA I grew up in, we didnt have to worry about that and even in the part of Charlotte I have lived in it wasn't a issue.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
That's West Victorville. Not all that bad, but seeing as how you're coming from the Southeast you'd better prepare yourself for lots of brown... and I don't mean skin color. You'll see shades of brown you didn't know existed.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:12 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times
Anywhere else more desirable then the High Desert area? Are you moving to Victorville because that is where the ex's kids will be? Do you have children together? My worry would be the school system there. It is more in the dumps then it ever was before.

Also, the HD was where everyone from the LA, Simi Valley and other non desirable area fled when the real estate was at it's peak. Fontucky is right- it's not as great as it seems. Although every place has it's good and bad. The Victor Valley area is not on the better path.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:32 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post

Fontucky is right- it's not as great as it seems.
I didn't say that. I was simply trying to prepare the young lady for the lack of green vegetation and boring brownness of the area. Truth be told, I'd live there without hesitation, as long as I wasn't in town and could live out in the deserty part on acreage, like I have here in Fontana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties