Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 07:00 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,963,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcolt4 View Post
or some ghetto.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:07 AM

79 posts, read 386,324 times
San Bernardino has many nice areas, especially Verdemont (off of Palm Ave on the 215 freeway) and North Park (near the university). Looks a lot like Rancho Cucamonga or CHino Hills. Most people here look at the negatives and get stuck there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 04:56 AM

728 posts, read 1,901,231 times
If a nuclear bomb were to go off in the middle of San Bernardino and it leveled the city to the ground it would be a great start. Just sayin.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:06 PM

46 posts, read 105,156 times
I grew up in San Bernardino, and attended grades Kindergarten through College. I bought my first home there and started my family there. I even started my career there. I can definitively and without hesitation advise you, STAY AWAY! I realize most things are relative, but SBDNO is a very dangerous, meth infested, sewer that, unless your're moving there for the welfare benefits, you should avoid at all costs.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:21 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,657,839 times
OP, that is one of the safer areas in SB, which is not saying much. It's still very dangerous. My sister lives near there and occasionally shops at the shops that will be nearest you. Her car has been broken into in broad daylight twice in the past two years, the last time to steal a stroller and some bottled water. If you absolutely must move to SB for some reason, do so ... but short of that, I'd avoid that city. It has been going downhill since the 70s, and it shows absolutely no sign of turning around ... if anything, it's accelerating.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:41 PM

59 posts, read 218,301 times
The block itself isn't bad but you're within a quarter mile of section 8 apartments, meth labs, and all the worst type of dregs SB has to offer.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:21 PM

Maybe someone can back me up on this? Although most have an ati-San Bernardino bias coming in here.
San Bernardino has many nice areas, especially Verdemont (off of Palm Ave on the 215 freeway) and North Park (near the university). Looks a lot like Rancho Cucamonga or CHino Hills. Most people here look at the negatives and get stuck there.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:24 PM

Don't get me wrong, stay away of anything south of the 210 freeway, downtown is ghost town and crime is over the roof but it does have its isolated nice areas. The farther from the Baseline-Highland and downtown area you are, the safer you'll be.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:21 AM

59 posts, read 218,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salcan View Post
Maybe someone can back me up on this? Although most have an ati-San Bernardino bias coming in here.
Verdemont is nice. The locals there say they live in Verdemont and not San Bernardino too LOL.

As for the North End, it has some bad parts very nearby. All the numbered streets south of North Park, 48th, etc all bad neighborhoods.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,121 times
North part is ghetto besides northpark verdemot an u park everything from electric arrowhead ranch and in is working class or ghetto if you are a rich white family dont send your kids here they will be jumped and beaten at cajon highschool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties