Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 01:09 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,778,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by migolito View Post
A descriptive post about San Bernardino, short answer is its a sewer. However, you mentioned "like minded individuals". Not really sure who that might be, as , your race has not a thing to do with your mind. I grew up in S-Cal, in fact, in San Bernardino. I thought it was perfectly normal to live around, be friends with, go to school with, people of different races. I didn't realize until later that some states (areas of the country/world) this just isn't how its done. Since then I've traveled the world. I've learned that for all its problems (politics, economy, taxes, etc) S-Cal is the most diverse place on the planet and I thank god that with that diversity comes the realization that I am not defined by my skin, religion or background.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-b...ardino-ca.html
I pretty well agree with you except the San Francisco Bay area is very diverse and more integrated than SoCal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 06:43 PM

6 posts, read 13,531 times
Would not choose Moreno Valley as there are so many gangs there that it is very dangerous. Just make sure you really research Riverside because some areas are gang infested also.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:05 PM

42 posts, read 55,979 times
Born and raised in "the Dino". Please find somewhere else like Riverside. I just left the Dino in August to attend college in New Mexico. The only thing happening in the Dino is smoking, drinking, partying, and killing. I kid you not. I love my hometown but it's not what I want in life anymore. After the semester is over in December, I'll be moving to Texas....to avoid the Dino. Welcome to So Cal tho!!!

Old 11-18-2013, 09:33 PM

27 posts, read 58,009 times
me ex neighbor in West Covina was AA
he es looked like Bettlejuice
es short and messed up teef
but he es partied every weekend
loud music and always left garbage in the sidewalk

i called him out on this
and he es said
you es mexcian and should be working on es Saturday and praying on es Sunday
i es loud cuz i es black

choose your neighbor es wisely regardless of the area

serious and honest post

Old 05-29-2015, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 1,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunCovergirl View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am not very familiar with California but I do know there is a large Hispanic population and few African-Americans. In the San Bernardino area what is that population like? Is it lively and intertwined with the larger community or more isolated? I have a potential opportunity there and as a professional African-American female I would like to know if I will find like minded individuals. I will likely rent in the Riverside area as it seems to have nicer properties and less crime. Just curious at this point. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks So Much!

Cajun
Personally speaking, if you are interested San Bernardino would be a place to get started. It may not have the luxury of Riverside and I know Riverside well, but because the city of San Bernardino is so cheap I would be a good investment.
May I also add, what I have observed over the past few weeks, certain part of San Bernardino is looking good as far as investment is concern.

I would suggest taking a good look to see if San Bernardino would be a business opportunity for you.
Depending on the type of business you are considering it could be there very thing you want.
However, the City of Riverside, or Riverside County would be much better if you have the money to get started.

Again, I think San Bernardino would be better ONLY because it's cheap, but not for long.

If you have any questions email me at: WLogan@PH.LACounty.GOV
For the record: I'm not a Real Estate agent our anything in that profession, but I have always had a good nose regarding city growth.

Have a great day!

William D. LOGAN

Old 05-29-2015, 03:10 PM

642 posts, read 2,553,305 times
Sounds like Riverside would be closer to what you want. With career oriented like minded individuals, and you commute in. Its funny what Mountainguy74 said because to some extent it is so true. I like San Bernardino areas fine but one issue is if you are in some SB areas there are some really nice people. But also some really problemed people. For example when I have volunteered it turned out there were a lot of people volunteering that were coming in from a halfway house or who were starting over from prison or just got out of rehab and bettering themselves through church etc.. I wish them all the luck in the world but would also not get to familiar with them. It just makes some things a little harder.You dont know who is who or who they were and who they are with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties