Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 03:48 PM

59 posts, read 112,080 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I will soon be relocating from Seattle to Southern California in the very near future! I'm planning to come out to interview next week. (I've visited SD before last September and had a BLAST but didn't venture out to North County) I work in the healthcare Industry and have a few potential job options. One offer is in Murrieta, Ca and the others are in the San Diego city area. If I was to take the job in Murrieta, where would be a safe, reasonably priced and fun area for a single gal to live? I enjoy the outdoors (parks,festivals, lakes, tennis, jogging,etc) also I like nitelife entertainment (live music, dancing, happy hours, movies and the like) Any suggestions/advice will be great! Thanks so much!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Stay close to work, live in Murietta or Temecula. The secret to sanity in So Cal is limiting one's commute.

• "reasonably priced" needs illumination, as we don't know what you consider reasonable
• Old Town Temecula has what passes for nightlife in the area

Old 01-18-2013, 02:48 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,013,939 times
I know this isn't what you asked but for somebody your age I would strongly recommend San Diego. Even north SD county (Carlsbad, Oceanside etc.) is going to offer a lot more to a single person of your age and better weather to boot. There's nothing wrong with Temecula but you really need to think of it like the distant suburbs of San Diego.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:49 PM

Thanks so much guys! "Reasonably priced" hmm I would say a 1 bedrm apt No more than 1100/mo! I actually have several job interviews in the SD area-so hoping to live more in the city than in Tamecula or Murrieta. I hear its a cowboy town! ,LOL

Old 01-21-2013, 05:16 PM

121 posts, read 289,989 times
Anywhere in Murrieta and Temecula are safe so I'd probably move closest to work as possible. Just a word of warning though, compared to Seattle, these two cities are social suicide. They are great for family and very safe but it's definitely not a good life for singles and be prepared for some huge culture shock. People are nice but most of the single guys you'll see are of the dbag sort, complete opposite of the demographics on Seattle. Be prepared to be bored out of your mind as a young single professional. If you could find a job in S.D., I would highly recommend that.

If S.D. is not an option and you don't mind a small 30 minute commute you should consider living in Escondido and you'd be driving against traffic so that should be a non-issue.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le-Le View Post
I hear its a cowboy town! ,LOL
Drug store cowboys.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM

471 posts, read 1,830,020 times
I co-sign Dunbar42, although staying close to work is more economical and temecula/Murrieta is affordable, it is very borrring! Especially for single folks. I have 2 kids but I'm a single mom. Temecula/Murrieta is great for families but sucks for single folks. You will be very limited in what you do in this area, and spend most of your dollars driving to SD or LA (which is what I do). I was told it was hard to make friends in Southern Cal., but it's really hard in this area to make friends because most folks you'll run into have families. I've often been excluded from events because I was told *ahem* it was for women and their spouses... I'd take a job in SD and live in SD or LA. it's just not up and popping here in Temecula...

Old 02-03-2013, 01:46 AM

Thanks so much guys for the feedback! I've actually been offered jobs in SD, Hillcrest area!! Whoo-hoo!! So I'm not looking for a nice affordable apt near work.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:48 AM

Sorry I mean I AM looking for an apt in that area to be near work.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 AM

99 posts, read 162,976 times
Good Morning...Living in Iowa planning on moving to Murrieta/Temecula are hopefully within the next 8 mos....I am looking into 55+apt living (not interested in buying). Any information on Amanda Park 55+ apts in Murrieta? Comparing 2 cities at the present time...Las Vegas or Murrieta...hmmmmmm....Any help on apt review?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties