Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2019, 10:26 AM

612 posts, read 1,515,289 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I was going to avoid MV due to the traffic while coming into Redlands for work every morning. But the hotel that am staying at right now mentioned MV is nice place to live and has some good apts as well. Also weather wise it will not be as hot as Redlands, Ontario or RC. He mentioned it would take me 30 mins from MV -> Redlands which is about the same from Ontario or RC -> Redlands.

How is MV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 06:37 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,568,238 times
Not as Hot as Ontario or Rancho Cucamonga? That is a weird statement. It isn't as if it is a much higher altitude. I don't see traffic from MV to Redlands being bad. I don't think that road closes often for weather. It has some hood areas but not bad like Hemet/San Jacinto.

I wouldn't want to commute from Ontario or RC to Redlands. Why drive that far when there are comparable areas closer? I don't think many people do super commutes within the Inland Empire unless they own a home and the job moved or later found a farther job. I had friends who commuted from Moreno Valley to Irvine every day for a few years. Eventually they gave up their huge house and just rented an apartment in Orange County. Commuting is a waste if you don't have to do it. Why steal time and money from your day? No one is paying your mileage.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:22 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,963,103 times
Moreno Valley is likely hotter than any of the other cities you mentioned.

If I could choose somewhere else over Moreno Valley, I would.

The traffic out of there in any direction that one would want to go is beyond atrocious. You gonna go over the hills to Redlands? Yeah, that sounds fun (it isn't). You gonna go over to the 215, and take the 10 east? Yeah, no, you'll be on the 60 for 35 minutes first. Going to Beaumont and doubling back will take forever too.

Yeah, some of it is nice, much of it is average at best, and some of it is downright awful. But you have to have a reason to live there, and working in Redlands isn't it.

You can surely do better in Redlands itself, Loma Linda, Grand Terrace, or Yucaipa/Calimesa if you want a better existence than what Mo Val would provide you.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
Not as Hot as Ontario or Rancho Cucamonga? That is a weird statement. It isn't as if it is a much higher altitude. I don't see traffic from MV to Redlands being bad. I don't think that road closes often for weather. It has some hood areas but not bad like Hemet/San Jacinto.

I wouldn't want to commute from Ontario or RC to Redlands. Why drive that far when there are comparable areas closer? I don't think many people do super commutes within the Inland Empire unless they own a home and the job moved or later found a farther job. I had friends who commuted from Moreno Valley to Irvine every day for a few years. Eventually they gave up their huge house and just rented an apartment in Orange County. Commuting is a waste if you don't have to do it. Why steal time and money from your day? No one is paying your mileage.
Giving more thoughts to it, I feel I am meeting all my needs in Ontario/RC. It's a bit far, but my current driving time is about 20-22 mins and driving from RC -> Redlands is about 25-30mins and in opposite direction of traffic.

I liked Redlands, but I would need some good restaurants around and I am not finding much.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Moreno Valley is likely hotter than any of the other cities you mentioned.

If I could choose somewhere else over Moreno Valley, I would.

The traffic out of there in any direction that one would want to go is beyond atrocious. You gonna go over the hills to Redlands? Yeah, that sounds fun (it isn't). You gonna go over to the 215, and take the 10 east? Yeah, no, you'll be on the 60 for 35 minutes first. Going to Beaumont and doubling back will take forever too.

Yeah, some of it is nice, much of it is average at best, and some of it is downright awful. But you have to have a reason to live there, and working in Redlands isn't it.

You can surely do better in Redlands itself, Loma Linda, Grand Terrace, or Yucaipa/Calimesa if you want a better existence than what Mo Val would provide you.
Yeah skipping MV. Didn't like it much. Yucaipa doesn't have apts. There is just one with no vacant homes right now. I think I will stick to Ontario/RC

Old 03-11-2019, 11:18 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,627,286 times
Working in Redlands = living in Redlands, Loma Linda, Highland, Yucaipa or east Colton or Berdoo. Unless you like to live in traffic.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:19 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,180,965 times
There are some good restaurants in downtown Redlands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties