Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 02:20 AM

3 posts, read 5,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw722 View Post
We bought in the Park Place neighborhood, specifically Meadowood from the developer Taylor Morrison. They are still building new ones in the Park Place neighborhood along with several other major developers like Brookfield Residential which is building in the New Haven neighborhood. We went with TM based on the price and location (near the future elementary school).
Nice, I think they sold out in Jan. of this year. We are looking at either Lennar or Brookfield communities currently. We have made several trips to view the properties but still cannot make a final decision. Reading what you posted helped answer several questions we had about the area also. My wife’s main concern is the diary farm odors since she has allergies. Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 09:58 AM

13 posts, read 37,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeax View Post
Nice, I think they sold out in Jan. of this year. We are looking at either Lennar or Brookfield communities currently. We have made several trips to view the properties but still cannot make a final decision. Reading what you posted helped answer several questions we had about the area also. My wife’s main concern is the diary farm odors since she has allergies. Thx

No problem! The easiest way to avoid the odors is to really just close your windows from 9pm-8am, lately it hasn't smelled much if at all in the night, maybe a summer thing... Outside those times, it isn't really too noticeable except during the winter months if there is heavy rain, then it's a bit stronger outside during that time depending on your specific area, mine smelled less than New Haven. Another solution is to just use a passive air purifier at night, not a must but it's helpful for allergies and white noise.

Another thing I noticed is there are less flies and gnats since summer started, maybe due to the heat. Keep in mind the few dairy farms there are around Ontario Ranch are going to go away eventually. The city has a map of the proposed master plan for Ontario Ranch and it has already marked the dairy farm areas as either parks, homes, or commercial real estate. Property values will probably rise the most after the new schools are built. The elementary school near me says the construction will resume in Aug 2022, so hoping it opens a year or two afterwards.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:53 AM

3 posts, read 5,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw722 View Post
No problem! The easiest way to avoid the odors is to really just close your windows from 9pm-8am, lately it hasn't smelled much if at all in the night, maybe a summer thing... Outside those times, it isn't really too noticeable except during the winter months if there is heavy rain, then it's a bit stronger outside during that time depending on your specific area, mine smelled less than New Haven. Another solution is to just use a passive air purifier at night, not a must but it's helpful for allergies and white noise.

Another thing I noticed is there are less flies and gnats since summer started, maybe due to the heat. Keep in mind the few dairy farms there are around Ontario Ranch are going to go away eventually. The city has a map of the proposed master plan for Ontario Ranch and it has already marked the dairy farm areas as either parks, homes, or commercial real estate. Property values will probably rise the most after the new schools are built. The elementary school near me says the construction will resume in Aug 2022, so hoping it opens a year or two afterwards.
Thanks again for the information and the heads up on things there.

We are planning another trip up soon, this time to visit 2 new developments in the Ranch. Hopefully we can find something we really like.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:27 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,563,927 times
I live in a nearby city but we dont have MR. I drive through Ontario Ranch and it’s like Irvine as far as the tract housing. Everything in that area is going up in price.

Old 07-18-2020, 03:17 PM

104 posts, read 214,230 times
Hi! I live in New Haven! The 1.04% tax is the general tax levy, so the actual property tax from the state. The remainder are special assessments, including mello-Roos/CFDs. It comes out to a total of 1.8-1.9%.

Myself and all the residents of New Haven are ecstatic about the Marketplace coming. I can send you a list of confirmed tenants if you’d like. It will be opening in October of this year, 2020.

If you do plan on buying in New Haven, you can use me as your neighbor/friend referral and receive $2,500 towards design center upgrades as a credit. Free money! I did the same when I purchased my home.

A little bit about myself, my experience and opinion of the community. Let me start by saying that Irvine is my dream city to live in! Prior to moving to New Haven, I lived in the LA metro. I’ve worked in LA while living there and currently. Yes, the commute is crazy, but I still love living here, so it is worth the drive for me.

I chose to move to Ontario Ranch because the distance from my dream city Irvine, that I can’t afford lol, is the same distance as Ontario Ranch. It’s new and planned, like Irvine, which is what I was looking for. Ontario Ranch was the next best thing. The planning of Ontario Ranch is like an IE version of Irvine Ranch. Within the community I’ve made many friends. We pick up each other’s packages, close each other’s garage doors if we forget, and etc. The amenities within New Haven are beautiful. It’s a “big” community with a small town feel.

For things to do and ease of living, Costco, Target, etc. are close by. With the new Marketplace it will become even more convenient. It has all your basic eateries and such as well. We are missing the hipster-like and ethnic dining options. I’m Korean, so I do miss Korean and Chinese food that I had easy access to in LA. However, the new dining options that are coming to the Marketplace may be a decent substitution in the mean time.

As far as safety, it isn’t really an apples to apples comparison with Irvine. I would say that Ontario Ranch is the upper echelon of Ontario. The surrounding cities of Eastvale and Chino that border OR are nice as well, which I believe helps. I haven’t had any issues, nor my neighbor. On the ring app there have been a lot of porch pirates in Eastvale. However, I haven’t seen or heard of any recently in NH. Like every city, it’s not 100% crime free. I’ll say that I have never felt uncomfortable walking in the middle of the night down an unlit path/sidewalk.

I hope this helps with your home search! If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message. I’m more than happy to answer any questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties