Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 02:29 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times

Advertisements

The Temecula/Menifee/Wildomar area needs 1 thing. (Ok, 2 things...)

They need a rail service to San Diego, downtown. This would absolutely revolutionize the quality of life, there.

If anyone wanted to get serious about rail travel, then continue North to Los Angeles, then North East to Vegas.

With the commuters during the week, and the Vegas run on Fri nights, it would be a no brainer....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2022, 08:29 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
The Temecula/Menifee/Wildomar area needs 1 thing. (Ok, 2 things...)

They need a rail service to San Diego, downtown. This would absolutely revolutionize the quality of life, there.

If anyone wanted to get serious about rail travel, then continue North to Los Angeles, then North East to Vegas.

With the commuters during the week, and the Vegas run on Fri nights, it would be a no brainer....
I agree with you. I think many people are now working from home, and that has made their commutes quite lovely. Wouldn't you agree?

Old 06-14-2022, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 746 times
I lived in Hemet for 3 years and anytime I drove through Menifee it struck me as an up-and-coming place. They're actually building there which is rare in SoCal. Right off the 215, so barring commuter traffic you can get anywhere reasonably quickly. For those of us who work from home it seems doable to structure leisure activities (beach, etc) when most other people will be off the road.

Right now I'm torn between pursuing a townhouse in a San Diego suburb, or a SFH in Menifee. The latter seems like the last decent North County-esque area to buy for under $700k, even though it's technically Riverside

Old 06-19-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrentethics View Post
I lived in Hemet for 3 years and anytime I drove through Menifee it struck me as an up-and-coming place. They're actually building there which is rare in SoCal. Right off the 215, so barring commuter traffic you can get anywhere reasonably quickly. For those of us who work from home it seems doable to structure leisure activities (beach, etc) when most other people will be off the road.

Right now I'm torn between pursuing a townhouse in a San Diego suburb, or a SFH in Menifee. The latter seems like the last decent North County-esque area to buy for under $700k, even though it's technically Riverside
My son said the same thing when we moved to Menifee in 2004. He had already predicted that Menifee would be the next Temecula. I said Menifee would become Temecula Like, but not having similar attractions "Pechanga, Old Town and the Wineries" that automatically draw people from all over the region and world.

I have noticed that the homes in Menifee have become very expensive. When you see that in a town, it means to me that the town is attracting higher income people who are helping drive up the home prices, and thus those same people demand having certain entertainment, restaurants, and high end grocery stores that fit their lifestyles.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:14 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,925,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I was in Menifee several years back and spoke to some residents, the complaint was there were no jobs and residents needed to commute to San Diego for work. Is it still the same?
I lived in the area 20 years ago and would NEVER go back. The job I got on the move down crapped out and at my low level, nobody long distance would hire. My income on the last sad year I lived there was 5k. Hot, brown, awful place! Very unprogressive people lived there. (i.e. republican bible thumpers) The I10 was right near my lot and originally traffic died down at 9PM and started by up in the AM. When I left five years later it was 24/7 non-stop BUZZ. Everybody and their brother moved there at the same time and they couldn't build fast enough. But the sad jobs made it all unsustainable.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:47 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
I lived in the area 20 years ago and would NEVER go back. The job I got on the move down crapped out and at my low level, nobody long distance would hire. My income on the last sad year I lived there was 5k. Hot, brown, awful place! Very unprogressive people lived there. (i.e. republican bible thumpers) The I10 was right near my lot and originally traffic died down at 9PM and started by up in the AM. When I left five years later it was 24/7 non-stop BUZZ. Everybody and their brother moved there at the same time and they couldn't build fast enough. But the sad jobs made it all unsustainable.
Menifee is growing simply because there is (or was) still open land there. Open because very few people wanted to live there. Hot, dry, far from OC, LA, SD. Now just a place where houses are being built. Was back therefor a visit a while back and saw the building occurring, but would never want to live there and I have family and friends living there. A couple of nice areas close to the Coastal Mountains, but that is about it.

Old 06-25-2022, 10:48 AM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
I like the Santa Rosa Plateau/La Cresta area of Menifee.

Been to Ron & Nancy's place there. (And no, I did not buy it. Altho, I probably should have. I always wanted my own air strip.)
Attached Thumbnails
Menifee-A Thriving, Safe, Premier City to Live-7af407bd-6f13-4a04-89b0-dec435ba0c9b.jpeg  

Last edited by NORTY FLATZ; 06-25-2022 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: added stuff, ya know?

Old 07-01-2022, 11:24 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,943,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Menifee is growing simply because there is (or was) still open land there.
Menifee is growing ONLY because city of Riverside ran out land space to build new homes. Over 80% of residents did not consider Menifee their #1 top-choice destination to move to, but they move here only because it's the best they can afford. That's the real story...

Old 07-02-2022, 12:02 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
Menifee is growing ONLY because city of Riverside ran out land space to build new homes. Over 80% of residents did not consider Menifee their #1 top-choice destination to move to, but they move here only because it's the best they can afford. That's the real story...
Oh well, still better than Hemet, but not as good as Murrieta or Temecula.

Old 07-03-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Oh well, still better than Hemet, but not as good as Murrieta or Temecula.
Menifee is still an up and coming area and from the way things are happening here it will be just as highly rated as Murrieta if not better.

One of the other comments that came up in this form makes a lot of sense. Menifee has lot of open land to build on. The city planner is doing a great job at attracting a certain type of residence. The residents who are moving here are high income residents. The neighborhoods that are being developed are highly master planned and award-winning communities.

So you got to give the people what they want in order to attract them to move to an area to afford a brand new house that costs thousands less than a half a century to a century old house in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties