Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2007, 11:34 PM

1 posts, read 7,852 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I need some advice on where I should live. I reached an impasse with my live in boyfriend that I've been seeing for 6 years. He just got a job in Temecula and I work in Carlsbad. We live in Oceanside near Ranch Del Oro. He cannot stand the commute and wants to move somewhere halfway. He suggested at first living in Temecula, but I heard the commute is horrible. Now, he's thinking of Fallbrook... any suggestions?

Distraught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 03:05 AM

70 posts, read 544,636 times
Fallbrook would be halfway and you would be close to both cities. Try driving through highway 76 and then Mission road to the 15 and get the feel for the drive. You would be close to both places but in Fallbrook itself there isn't much entertainment so you you can choose the nearby cities to entertain yourself.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:06 AM

23 posts, read 63,930 times
who makes more money? If he does, maybe you guys should move to Temecula. Otherwise, stay in O-side for the Carlsbad commute and have him find a job closer to where you already live.

I commute everyday from O-side to SD and it's a royal PITA! I'm so sick of it that I've decided to leave the state.

At least if you go to temecula the prices are a bit more reasonable in terms of housing... And less commuting and less wear and tear on the car and less gas usage and more free time!

Old 08-25-2007, 07:51 AM

326 posts, read 719,056 times
I was thinking of renting a room in Fallbrook this past spring in a beautiful l-shaped 4,000 sq ft. home with a pool up in the hills facing Fallbrook golf course. The view was just breathtaking and one side of the house was all trees with a stream or brook.

When the homeowner mentioned she saw a coyote by the pool the day before, I started to think I would be afraid to be around that much nature (I'm from the east coast). I started to wonder if rattlesnakes and other creatures would be visiting the property also, so I just told the homeowner I was going to rent someplace else, and I stayed in Vista with family.

It's a good thing I didn't stay in Fallbrook, because I read on-line rattlesnakes are all over the golf courses there, especially in the hot weather. I saw some nice condos on-line facing Pala Mesa golf course and was wondering if those condos have problems with snakes on patios and that's why they are for sale.

Anyway, since I am deathly afraid of snakes, I wanted to know which areas of San Diego are least likely to have them, because I wanted to stay in that area again in Spring 2008.

Thanks!

Old 06-20-2008, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 7,205 times
Default Hi to undecided,

I'm a realtor in the North County area of San Diego. If you move to Fallbrook, the best place may be somewhere in Fallbrook that is near the 15 freeway. There are many homes in the area that come up for rent. I see rent signs all the time. If you lived near the 15 freeway in Fallbrook, you could access the freeway very easily to get to Carlsbad & Temecula. Hope this helps. I don't know if you are going to rent or buy. Look on the Thomas Guide for areas near the 15 freeway. Have a great weekend.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:49 PM

43 posts, read 243,696 times
I'd much rather live in San Diego County (Fallbrook) than Temecula. Fallbrook is quite a bit more green than desert-like Temecula. I've done the commute from Temecula area to OC for a year, took the 76 a couple of times and never looked back. Took way too long.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:13 AM

24 posts, read 127,689 times
Exclamation Ok here is my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyfriendsnewjob View Post
Hi All,

I need some advice on where I should live. I reached an impasse with my live in boyfriend that I've been seeing for 6 years. He just got a job in Temecula and I work in Carlsbad. We live in Oceanside near Ranch Del Oro. He cannot stand the commute and wants to move somewhere halfway. He suggested at first living in Temecula, but I heard the commute is horrible. Now, he's thinking of Fallbrook... any suggestions?

Distraught.
Why don't u both get a job in the same area so there is no commute?!?!? I live in Temecula and it sucks!!! Oceanside there is a trains but here in temecula all there r buses and cars and that is y commutes r horibble!!! There r 2 many people trying commute and not enough road/freeway space. He should have just got a job down there that would have been the most simple then u both would have jobs close and nether would commute but if I had 2 pick I would proboly say Fallbrook. It is expesive 4 a nice place tho but I think Temecula is worse price wise. O and make sure u have a good running car so ur not stuck out in t he middle of nowhere!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Songbird_Sweety; 06-24-2008 at 03:27 AM..

Old 06-24-2008, 03:26 AM

24 posts, read 127,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
who makes more money? If he does, maybe you guys should move to Temecula. Otherwise, stay in O-side for the Carlsbad commute and have him find a job closer to where you already live.

I commute everyday from O-side to SD and it's a royal PITA! I'm so sick of it that I've decided to leave the state.

At least if you go to temecula the prices are a bit more reasonable in terms of housing... And less commuting and less wear and tear on the car and less gas usage and more free time!
R u kidding me???? Have u seen the freeways in the morning and afternoon and evening 2 and from Temecula 2 San Diego??? It is exemely longer and more time consuming and everyone is using cars & buses intead of some people using trains like in oceanside!!! U might as well walk from Temecula 2 San Diego it would probaly b faster especially when there r car accidents or fires!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties