Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2007, 11:29 AM

2 posts, read 10,009 times

Advertisements

My family and I are planning to move to Temecula this summer. I've been researching some of the high schools for my kids and so far it says that there are only three. Great Oaks, Temecula Valley, and Chapparal. Does anyone know how these schools stack up to each other? In terms of the academics, band, and the basketball teams.

Also, what types of things can people do around this place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 12:50 PM

105 posts, read 552,311 times
Default Schools in Temecula

I'm not going to be much help with the specifics that you're looking for, but all three are good schools - anything in Temecula is going to be good. They are actually building (or built?) a 4th high school as well, out towards the French Valley area of Temecula. Great Oak is the newest of the three you mentioned. I don't know which one is better for sports, etc. though.

I know the Paloma school area is highly rated, but that is elementary. I have a feeling the TVHS may have a better record with sports, but Chapparel has the better facilities. But I'm really guessing, so hopefully someone else will chime in. I do know someone who even though they were living in one school's district, they were sent to the other high school because #1 was full. So it may not even depend where you buy. This all could have changed when they opened the new high school though.

Things to do?? Depends what you're interested in. You an hour from San Diego, and hour from the beach, and hour from Disney...in town, there's Old Town Temecula (which I personally think is overrated), the wineries, lots of parks, a brand new library. It is a nice family-oriented town. There are complaints that there isn't enough for older kids to do (teens, young adults). There's the Balloon and Wine festival every year, Rod Run, there's a big dirt biking following, along with off-roading in the desert. Many people also camp in this area.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 10,009 times
Really, so they can go to almost any school, but depending on which one is full they might not get their first choice?

Old 01-21-2007, 09:15 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,881 times
Default Here to the Rescue

I'll help you out friend!

Chaparral High School
Student to Teacher Ratio 22.9
65.8%white, 17.3% Latino, 6.1% Black, 8.5% Asian

Rancho Santa Rosa High School
30.9 Student to Teacher Ratio
75.1% white, 14.4% Latino, 3.3% Black, 5.5% Asian

Rancho Vista High is a Continuation School
Make sure your kids don't end up there!

Temecula Valley High
Student to Teacher Ratio 23.4
White 67.4 Latino 18.4 Black 4.9 Asian 8.1 Nat. Amer. 1.2

Great diversity, Two of the three have excellent teacher to student ratios. Hope this helps!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2007, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,927 times
I was a student at Chaparral High School. I graduated last summer, and I was a member of the band, colorguard, varisty tennis team, peer leadership program, stage tech and other various programs offered on campus. To tell you my honest opinion, Great Oak HS is probably the nicest out of the three high schools in the city. Even though CHS offers amazing performing arts clubs and organizations, as a member I never really felt supported by my school and peers. I've heard rumors that performing arts groups are no longer allowed to perform during school pep rallies. At Great Oak HS, classrooms have lcd projectors and I feel that it is a much safer environment. There have been a couple of problems which have occurred at both TVHS and CHS. If I had the opportunity to transfer to GOHS I most likely would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties