Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:33 AM

214 posts, read 1,084,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
A suburb is a suburb is a suburb is a suburb...Watch "Weeds". The final episode of season 3, Nancy's partner said that there is another valley and town and another valley and town and that it went all the way down to Mexico. Dead on. If you live in ANY nicer part of a suburb in SoCal, you pretty much been to them all. So the people that post things such as this town is better (except in terms of spatial location or prices) andcomparing nicer areas to nicer areas (nice area of Temecula vs. a nice area of Corona), do so because they do not understand that a stucco box in a hillside masterplan is the same no matter where in SoCal.

Except we get ocean breezes in Temecula and no smog while Corona gets LA smog and no ocean breeze.

(I'm just being a contrarian)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 01:38 PM

32 posts, read 204,766 times
There are nice ocean breezes that enter Temecula on a daily basis through the canyons of Oceanside, and that is why there is not a smog problem there.

Southwest Riverside County is a good quality of life and has the lowest crime rate in all of Riverside County...and there is a reason for that...

They don't tolerate all of the low-lifes, Transients, Drug Addicts and hords of Hispanic Gangs and thugs that has been a part of normal life from generation to generation in the city of Corona and in the city of Riverside.

My girlfriend grew up in Corona all of her life and has told me about all of the drive by shootings and gang activity she was exposed to throughout her life growing up. You can't sugarcoat a city that has attempted to try to clean it self up by building newly developed homes and strip malls on the South end of town all along Ontario Ave. Corona/Riverside have always had Notorious hispanic gang culture passed down from familes to families.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:38 PM

76 posts, read 307,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnDude View Post
My girlfriend grew up in Corona all of her life and has told me about all of the drive by shootings and gang activity she was exposed to throughout her life growing up. You can't sugarcoat a city that has attempted to try to clean it self up by building newly developed homes and strip malls on the South end of town all along Ontario Ave. Corona/Riverside have always had Notorious hispanic gang culture passed down from familes to families.
Wow. I lived in Corona only 5 years, and never once encountered what you are describing. Now, I would choose Temecula over Corona too, but I don't think Corona is the armpit you are trying to make it out to be.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:43 PM

34 years living, growing up and going to school in Corona is a big difference then 5 little years

Old 02-22-2009, 02:46 PM

6th Street has alway's been infamous for gang drive by shootings in the city throughout the years. How oblivious can you be?

Old 02-23-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnDude View Post
6th Street has alway's been infamous for gang drive by shootings in the city throughout the years. How oblivious can you be?

Corona has cleaned up a bit, but it has a reputation. Many folks moved from LA in the 80's and 90's to escape gangs/etc (same with Moreno Valley and Riverside/San Bernardino). The beauty of being close to LA is also a curse as many folks brought the gang lifestyle with them to the IE, giving it a bad rep. Corona is safer now days, but still rundown in many parts. It is also surrounded by areas that aren't too nice.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:41 PM

The Corona City Park has to be one of the scariest places....It's like a park in EAST LA, with groups of gang bangers sitting on top of the tables drinking hard liquor and homeless people with mini camp sites scattered everywhere. It's cleaned up a bit, it still has many rough neighborhoods and ALOT of present gang activity.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:19 AM

56 posts, read 278,801 times
okay...all of these posts about corona are freaking me out. im looking to buy in eastvale and i havent seen any thugs. at all. am i missing something? i grew up in a gang infested area of san bernardino and i refuse to raise my family in that type of chaos. help!

Old 02-24-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine22 View Post
okay...all of these posts about corona are freaking me out. im looking to buy in eastvale and i havent seen any thugs. at all. am i missing something? i grew up in a gang infested area of san bernardino and i refuse to raise my family in that type of chaos. help!
Eastvale isn't like the core of Corona (6th street, etc). You'll be fine, it's definitely no San Bernardino or Compton. It's just no South Orange County either....

Old 02-24-2009, 01:45 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Corona is safer than the national average. MUCH safer than the national average. It's demographics, economically are comparable to Temecula. Put it this way, during the peak, it was cheaper to buy a home in Yorba Linda than it was in South Corona. Corona is not was not a ghetto. It never had a reputation.

The only "rough" place isn't even in the city of Corona. Home Gardens. Technically it lies outside of the city. Other than that, I have no idea where a rough, unsafe place in Corona is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties