Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 04:32 PM

92 posts, read 349,560 times

Advertisements

I am currently renting a 2 bdrm apt in Orange County, it just is way to expensive to keep living here in the OC, so I am looking into moving to Moreno Valley this summer, I am looking to rent a 3 brm house, or a 3 bedroom apt, can anyone tell me the best areas to look in Moreno Valley, or any of the surrounding areas. I would like to move to a place where I am right in the middle of everything, also I would need to be close to a high school, and a community college, any suggestions there would also be helpful. What would the rental rates be like out in that area. And are there any major employers out there that are hiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 04:42 PM

4 posts, read 24,821 times
Driving west on the 91 from the 15 to the toll lanes will make you wish you lived in OC again. I cannot overstated this enough.

I'm not sure how the Ortega Hwy is on traffic though.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:50 PM

591 posts, read 663,838 times
Try Menifee. We are off the 215 fwy too. A little further south. Better area, I use to live in Moreno Valley. I like Menifee better. Jr. College here too. Ladybee

Old 01-18-2009, 06:50 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,791 times
I have to agree with Duster and ladybee. If you are still working in OC, then think long and hard about the long commute from there to MoVal...I don't know how people do that drive everyday! If you do want to come out this way, Menifee is a nice community...smaller and less conjested.

Now if you have your heart set on MoVal and want to be in the heart of everything...there are lots of new apartments all around the Mall and it's only a hop, skip and a jump into Riverside from that area also. Good luck.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:31 PM

214 posts, read 1,083,964 times
Menifee is a good choice over Moreno Valley. If you must work in the OC, look to Corona first. Even Chino/Chino Hills would be a shorter commute and almost as cheap as Moreno Valley

Old 01-19-2009, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvinedebs View Post
I am currently renting a 2 bdrm apt in Orange County, it just is way to expensive to keep living here in the OC, so I am looking into moving to Moreno Valley this summer, I am looking to rent a 3 brm house, or a 3 bedroom apt, can anyone tell me the best areas to look in Moreno Valley, or any of the surrounding areas. I would like to move to a place where I am right in the middle of everything, also I would need to be close to a high school, and a community college, any suggestions there would also be helpful. What would the rental rates be like out in that area. And are there any major employers out there that are hiring.
ther are a few houses in MoVal that I know of for rent. One on Gladstone and its near high school, college, and everything else, a really great location. As far as employment, I dont know of any at the time but will let you know when I do. good luck.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:25 PM

212 posts, read 640,706 times
I'm glad I'm no longer in MV. My house was broken into TWICE and my car Once. And that's in only two years.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:06 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,942 times
The best place to be close to community colleges and high schools is any place in 92555. It's REALLY safe and nice. It's a little too sterile IMO. Menifee is nice, but it's further from Orange County and Los Angeles. Nowhere is hiring in any city in the region, state, or really nation for that matter.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 AM

214 posts, read 1,083,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
The best place to be close to community colleges and high schools is any place in 92555. It's REALLY safe and nice. It's a little too sterile IMO. Menifee is nice, but it's further from Orange County and Los Angeles. Nowhere is hiring in any city in the region, state, or really nation for that matter.
My company just hired 4 new folks. Telecommuters.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:29 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipxe View Post
My company just hired 4 new folks. Telecommuters.
Luckiest 4 people in world. My friends company shut down his entire division. He can't find work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties