Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:52 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times

Advertisements

To the surprise of the DA & my family martin testified on the stand today. This bastard is trying to justify himself & is hoping to get a lighter sentence. His mother (rude laura martin) testifys this afternoon @ 1:30 pm. Ill know more tonight. Martin did admit guilt on day one & he was recorded on the phone in jail telling his mom he took his mother in law out. Ill see him soon & i wish i could take him out in court. People that commit murder on purpose should be executed. His parents (paul & laura martin) DONT deserve to be jehovah witnesses. They had vital information & failed to tell my sister & niece. Nasty people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 03:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
To the surprise of the DA & my family martin testified on the stand today. This bastard is trying to justify himself & is hoping to get a lighter sentence. His mother (rude laura martin) testifys this afternoon @ 1:30 pm. Ill know more tonight. Martin did admit guilt on day one & he was recorded on the phone in jail telling his mom he took his mother in law out. Ill see him soon & i wish i could take him out in court. People that commit murder on purpose should be executed. His parents (paul & laura martin) DONT deserve to be jehovah witnesses. They had vital information & failed to tell my sister & niece. Nasty people!
and to think, many do not believe in capitol punishment, what are they thinking? I do feel, it should be used rarely, but for something like this, there should be no doubt the sentence assuming he is found guilty..I say that only because we all know the sytem: innocent until proven guilty..My problem, with the law as we know it: a person can be found guilty, sentenced to death and still 25 years later be fighting the punishment or the decision. Ok, to all those bleeding hearts, yes, we know there are times when someone is found guilty just to later be found innocent. That happens rare, if ever anymore and most of us beleive in the death penalty only when there is no doubt of guilt like this case.

Nita

Old 05-25-2010, 08:22 PM

Martin is not denying he commited murder. Hes trying to say it was a accident. When you stab someone 26 times its NOT a accident. His own family has not been to court to support him. They know hes a piece of crap. His "wack" mother testifies tomorrow. Ill be their this thurs. This should all rap up soon. He has said hes a christian & is studying the truth in jail. Some jehovah witnesses are supporting him by going to court. I guess ill have a lil talk with them on thurs. I havent seen martin since summer.02. Im not looking forward to seeing him now but ill be their for my sister & not him.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:04 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Eagle, his defense lawyer is trying to mitigate a first degree murder down to involuntary manslaughter, or voluntary (heat of passion) manslaughter, at the very least. If his lawyer fails to make any attempt at mitigation, any sentence Martin receives would possibly be overturned on an 'ineffective assistance of counsel' argument. The DA is aware of this. This is the way the game works. It's difficult, I know, but have faith in the DA that he will do his utmost to get a first or second degree murder conviction, that is what the DA is pushing for. Again, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, and will hope for the very best outcome possible for your family and your sister. Peace be with you.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:40 PM

Martins mother (laura martin) testified in court yesterday & from what i have been told shes a *****. 7 yrs ago she was recorded on tape talking to her punk son & she laughed about her son killing renee. The tape was played in court. The apple does not fall from the tree. Court was not in session today & may not be until next tues.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Martins mother (laura martin) testified in court yesterday & from what i have been told shes a *****. 7 yrs ago she was recorded on tape talking to her punk son & she laughed about her son killing renee. The tape was played in court. The apple does not fall from the tree. Court was not in session today & may not be until next tues.
why not is session? I was hoping for some sort of positive remarks from you, but thanks for the update. Keep us posted, I am sure you will. God bless to all.

Nita

Old 05-28-2010, 06:54 AM

Court resumes this morning from 10-12. My sister from colo will be in court to testify on renees behalf. Due to the memorial holiday weekend court ends at noon today & resumes tues, june 1st. Renees birthday is tues, june 8th. She would of been 46. He daughter & only child (katie) was also born on the same date (6/8). Katie will be 27. DAMN..time sure flys by. The local newspaper (yucaipa/calimesa newsmirror) didnt print a update about the case for 2.6 yrs (nov-07). Claire teeters didnt even mention my sisters name in the article. That was rude of her & i told her so. She has a "issue" with me. YAWNZ.. Anyways...the 11-07 article is on my webpage about half way down. Read it for yourself. Claire hasnt printed any articles on the online edition cause she knows ill post them on my page. I tend to be open minded & tell it like it is. Some idiots dont like that but screw them. If they have a problem with it then they can say it to me face to face instead of being a coward. They never had to go through this so they should just ****. I have received a few ignorant comments from EX friends & thats why they are EX. One lady said "your sister isnt the only one whos been murdered" & another lady is lucky shes a lady cause i would of punched her in the mouth. I wasnt going around telling everybody but i wasnt all chipper either. People can be damn cruel. Those people deserve to burn in hell. Im not a people person. Too many backstabbers & *******s in this world. There are a few where i live at. One of them is take, take & take. He claims he never has any money yet all he gotta do is breath to get a check & its a decent one. I work for a living so i told him to stay away from me. Also awhile back some old piece of crap talked **** about me to a friend of mine. She told me & i told him to say it to my face. I havent seen him in 3 yrs. Its best to just ignore the losers. There are some good people out their. I got a lil off topic but wtf. http://community.webtv.net/rpp64/rp

Last edited by steel7; 05-28-2010 at 07:30 AM..

Old 05-28-2010, 12:31 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Hang in there, Eagle.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:38 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
xxxxx000000

Old 05-29-2010, 09:03 PM

Heres a news article from 4-4-03 thats not on my webpage. Stabbing suspect in custody
San Bernardino County Sun, 2003-04-04
JOE NELSON, Staff Writer
YUCAIPA - A Yucaipa man told detectives he "freaked out' andaccidentally stabbed his fiancee's mother to death after she madesexual advances toward him inside her pickup, according to sheriff'sreports obtained Friday.
Autopsy evidence shows that Renee Paula Pokres, 38, was stabbed 26 times in the neck, back, abdomen, arm and hands. Knifewounds to her hands are consistent with defensive wounds, accordingto more than 50 pages of sheriff's investigative reports included inan arrest warrant affidavit filed in Redlands Superior Court.

Dr. Frank Sheridan, chief medical examiner for the San Bernardino County Coroner's Office, determined that 12 knife woundsto Pokres's lower back were not fatal and likely inflicted when shewas still alive.
Pokres died within minutes of the stabbing about 7:30 p.m. on March 28 and was left in her truck overnight until her daughtercalled 911, according to sheriff's reports.
Funeral services for Pokres were held Friday in Beaumont, said Christina Miller, a friend of Pokres who worked with her atthe Redlands Day Nursery on Brockton Avenue.
"She was just a very nice person. She loved kids and always spoke softly,' Miller said.
Authorities found Pokres, 38, dead face down and covered by a blanket on the bench seat of her tan 1987 Toyota pickup in thegarage of her Eureka Street home in Yucaipa about 5:30 a.m. March29.
Jan Michael Martin, 19, was charged Thursday with murder in Redlands Superior Court and remains in custody at the West ValleyDetention Center in Rancho Cucamonga. He is being held in lieu of $1million bail.
Following the fatal stabbing, Martin attempted to kill himself by cutting his wrist and ingesting an array of medications and cleaningproducts, including wood polish, officials said.
He allegedly admitted to killing Pokres during an interview with sheriff's homicide detectives, telling them he and the elder Pokresfought often in the three months he had been living at her home. Healso told detectives Pokres told him on several occasions that shewished he were dead, according to sheriff's reports.
Martin said he stabbed Pokres accidentally with his butterfly knife after she made sexual advances inside her truck at YucaipaCommunity Park and then the Stater Bros. at Bryant Street and OakGlen Road. He said Pokres told him she wanted to have his baby andthat she would move to Colorado to have it, sheriff's reports show.
Martin said he fought off Pokres's advances and became enraged.
"He took out his knife in his right hand, intending to 'cut her in the arm.' He said the knife went right into her neck like a 'hotknife into butter," sheriff's homicide Detective RichardElls wrote in a report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties