Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 11:27 AM

3 posts, read 4,838 times

Advertisements

The foreclosure moratorium was recently lifted, I expect the banks to start releasing the REO's mid August! What’s scary is the amount of modifications that are defaulting and eventually are going to become REO!!! I think we are going to see additional price corrections in some areas!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 05:00 AM

26 posts, read 99,271 times
Dweej....I am going off your last post in June.

So... October is here! Your thoughts:

Have you seen the market ease up? Are there more foreclosures to come? I would imagine all of the short sales that didn't sell are in foreclosure! Is it an easier/better time to actually buy vs. being outbid?

I never understood the frenzy of people bidding on houses in the last year when job securities are at there lowest!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:01 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,804 times
Yes, there are certainly more foreclosures to come. Many empty houses that aren't on the MLS because banks are controlling market inventory so as not to saturate the way they did in the beginning. A smart move on their part to attempt to stabilize prices. In addition, I know people personally who are about to walk away from their homes. Also, until prices increase to the point that they match with what people paid in '05 (et. al.), there will continue to be short sales and foreclosures because people will always need to move for one reason or another (job change, loss of income, divorce, death in the family), and they won't be able to sell their homes for as much as they paid for them, so they'll be forced to short sell or foreclose just to move on.

As for the market easing up, meaning I think that the summer scramble is over, I think it is. A friend of mine who put offers on homes in the late spring and got outbid on every one just went into escrow on a house that wasn't even a foreclosure! A traditional sale! (can you believe it? ). It had belonged to an elderly woman who purchased it back when it was brand new- she passed away and her daughter was just trying to sell it for current market value. It was paid off, so it was all cash to her!

If it is a good time for your family to buy (for tax reasons, for example, or to take advantage of a government program) then now is a fine time to buy. But, if you could just as easily rent, you might as well continue to wait. I just think rushing into this debacle without serious reason to might be a poor choice unless you plan to be in the home for a very, very long time.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties