Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:22 PM

16 posts, read 90,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirak_90 View Post
No it doesn't. It's not even close, where did u get that from? But San Bernardino is a pretty bad place though. Not something I would recommend.
Not even close??? San Bernardino is known for having very high murder rates. All through out the late 80's and early 90's it lead many cities in Southern California and the entire state for that matter with Murder Rates surpassing places like Oakland, Richmond, East Palo Alto, Inglewood, Los Angeles, and yes even Compton.

The majority of the Homicides in San Bernardino occur in small pockets of the city in particular the Westside. (Which is geographically and Population wise much smaller than Compton. Making the area much worse than the rest of the city which by the way is bad to very bad in pretty much the entire city. Check out the stats. Back in the late 80's or early 90's I dont remember which SB damn near lead the nation in Homicide per capita rates. Right behind Washington D.C. A place for the most part far worse than any California city. SB has been in the top 25 most dangerous cities listing in the Country for over 25 Years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 11:31 PM

And Yes I got Facts to Support this. Check this link out. Its the Murder Rates per capita for 1993. And NO this was not San Bernardino's peak year.

PORTSMOUTH MURDER RATE 24TH IN U.S. (broken link)

Old 07-16-2007, 02:45 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,011 times
You will need two things if your moving to S.B. Learn to speak spanish and have lots of patience.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
You will need two things if your moving to S.B. Learn to speak spanish and have lots of patience.

There's actually a significant African American population in SB. The Westside has been home to a large Black population since World War II. But I can't see why somebody in their rite mind would want to move to SB. Its not a nice place AT ALL. If you don't mind random drive-by shootings, incredibly blighted and poverty stricken slum housing, Gang bangers and Thugs walking around everywhere and Crack heads at every gas station then you should be fine.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:09 PM

20 posts, read 130,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Daddy View Post
There's actually a significant African American population in SB. The Westside has been home to a large Black population since World War II. But I can't see why somebody in their rite mind would want to move to SB. Its not a nice place AT ALL. If you don't mind random drive-by shootings, incredibly blighted and poverty stricken slum housing, Gang bangers and Thugs walking around everywhere and Crack heads at every gas station then you should be fine.
what about crestline? which is located in the mountains above the city,i hear its nice there,i had considered moving there from the east coast. i would likely have to commute from the mountain down to the city for work,but i would think i could avoid SB city and go to another for work....what are your thoughts?

Old 07-16-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctguitarguy View Post
what about crestline? which is located in the mountains above the city,i hear its nice there,i had considered moving there from the east coast. i would likely have to commute from the mountain down to the city for work,but i would think i could avoid SB city and go to another for work....what are your thoughts?

Crestline is just like all the other mountain communties up there. Its gonna take you 30-40 mins each day to come down, which is gonna be a hassel especially during the winter not to mention its very dangerous driving down the mountain.

As for coming down to work in the city, Where is it that your gonna be working?? San Bernardino the city is economically in a bad spot just like the rest of southern california rite now. If you do have to work there though I suggest you stay on main streets, don't venture out into neihborhoods to much and you should be fine. Anything above the 30 freeway is safe, so if you work in North SB you shouldn't have to worry about that. As the all the gang turfs and high crime areas are Mainly South of the 30.

In Particular stay away from the Baseline corridor, or anything West of the 215 Freeway unless your on a main street. On the Eastside of SB stay away from Pumalo, Date, Lynwood and sterling. But i must warn the majority of the city is anything from not so safe to downright dangerous, so just take caution and avoid the areas I mentioned and you will be fine. Any more questions just ask.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 PM

my buddy who lives in rancho cucamonga plans on eventually moving there.now he has lived in the bad parts of vegas and also cali for most of his life,he tells me it takes him 10-15 minutes to get down the mountain,as he has relatives who live there,so he goes all the time. now i heard there was a dumpy part of crestline too but was relatively small and that the communities up there a very nice. now im no dummy Connecticut(which is where im from) is WAAAY different...thought Hartford has made it to the top 25 dangerous cities many times. (amazing considering how tiny it is.) however most of the state (which is smaller the SB county) is relatively quiet. but he tells me its cheap rent,relatively safe and you simply either commute to north SB or the safer neighboring places and i would be just fine,he says im more concerned then i really should be.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
my buddy who lives in rancho cucamonga plans on eventually moving there.now he has lived in the bad parts of vegas and also cali for most of his life,he tells me it takes him 10-15 minutes to get down the mountain,as he has relatives who live there,so he goes all the time. now i heard there was a dumpy part of crestline too but was relatively small and that the communities up there a very nice. now im no dummy Connecticut(which is where im from) is WAAAY different...thought Hartford has made it to the top 25 dangerous cities many times. (amazing considering how tiny it is.) however most of the state (which is smaller the SB county) is relatively quiet. but he tells me its cheap rent,relatively safe and you simply either commute to north SB or the safer neighboring places and i would be just fine,he says im more concerned then i really should be.
SB County is the largest County in California and the U.S. for that matter. And yes this is the Westcoast California is much more different than any Eastcoast city. SB County is huge, but in reality I would say probably about 70% of it or so is just rural/desert. Of course this is aside from the actual metropolitan area, where all the actual cities are which are not desert but in the San Bernardino Valley, Which also includes parts of the Pomona Valley (Montclair, Ontario). Which by the way is all part the Greater Los Angeles area . Starting From Ontario to San Bernardino city is where all the actual cities in SB County are. LA County is the same 60% or so of the county which is about half the size of SBC is rural/desert.

I don't know about it only taking 15 mins or so to get down from the Mountains. I've commuted up there many times and its always taken me at least 30 mins.

Also i should point out. Although San Bernardino the city is by FAR the worst city in the area there is still rough cities around SB city as well. Rialto is known for its gangs and violence, Colton is not to bad but it has gangs aswell, Ontario is not so bad either but they have some of the most notorious hispanic gangs in California. So as a whole yes the county is relativley safe. But its a different story in the counties core.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 PM

Quote:
but he tells me its cheap rent,relatively safe and you simply either commute to north SB or the safer neighboring places and i would be just fine,he says im more concerned then i really should be.

Yes you will be ok. Just stay outta the rest of the city. Trust me.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Daddy View Post
Yes you will be ok. Just stay outta the rest of the city. Trust me.
yea,i mean im a bit intimidated because ive basically been in Connecticut suburbia all my life,i mean yea ive been in Hartford,which is an absolute hole,but you can drive around the whole damn thing easy...not so over there..like ok right now i work at staples and the nearest one i found that was not at a college was on east highland ave,im using Google earth to check out the whole area,and this particular staples(if i decided to stay with the company mind you,im using this as an example) the one i located was on east highland ave. its located literally one big parking lot south of the actual freeway itself,and is 90% a highway drive,so would this location be ok? or am i already going to far south?

Last edited by ctguitarguy; 07-17-2007 at 12:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties