Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 01:07 AM

63 posts, read 154,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
isnt that sort of like being a pacifist green beret?
zen buddist black panther?
blackwater conscientious objector
Sure! Whatever you say!

*backs away slowly as to not disturb the crazy guy*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 08:09 AM

31 posts, read 126,870 times
Well, it's not exactly Pentacostal, but the Redlands United Church of Christ is certainly accepting of gay and lesbian people.

Good luck getting past all of the unrequested preaching in this thread.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:39 AM

209 posts, read 749,654 times
why can't i call me gay church christian? because it doesn't meet YOUR interpretation of the bible? protestant churches range from southern baptists who repress women to unitarian universalism who accept all (some of the founding fathers were uu, some were atheist). it doesn't matter though since everyone knows that the only true church is the catholic church and everyone else is going to hell. or was it the jews who are the only ones who are right? maybe the muslims? i'll put my money on the flying spagetti monster but in the meantime i'll continue to tell it like it is. people like marshallnoise voted for prop 8 and took secular rights away from US citizens.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:58 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,881,406 times
This thread has been useful to me, and not just because I've found new people to put on my ignore list! I hope it has been useful to the OP. Life is a series of trade-offs, and for those who are gay and practice religion (I'm the former but not the latter), they might have to sacrifice a bit in order to find a church which is more accepting. Many of my gay religionist friends attend a Metropolitan Community Church in their area. I don't know anything about it personally, but they seem to like it.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionrules View Post
why can't i call me gay church christian? because it doesn't meet YOUR interpretation of the bible? protestant churches range from southern baptists who repress women to unitarian universalism who accept all (some of the founding fathers were uu, some were atheist). it doesn't matter though since everyone knows that the only true church is the catholic church and everyone else is going to hell. or was it the jews who are the only ones who are right? maybe the muslims? i'll put my money on the flying spagetti monster but in the meantime i'll continue to tell it like it is. people like marshallnoise voted for prop 8 and took secular rights away from US citizens.
There is no interpretation of the bible that allows for sin to be marginalized making it ok to keep sinning because we were saved by the blood of Christ. if you think so.

Also, it is laughable that the only true church is the Catholic church. That makes me laugh inside. They are the Pharisees of the Christian faith. In fact, Constantine did to his people the very thing that our founding fathers wanted make sure didn't happen: State run religion.

Prop 8: I did vote yes on it. You know why? Marriage is between a man and a woman. Marriage is a religious institution that the state has zero business being involved in. There shouldn't be tax breaks for it and neither should we be taxed more because we are married in some instances.

I don't know why Gays want to get married so much anyway. Oh that's right! Its the same reason they want to rewrite the bible to allow homosexuals to keep on living their lifestyle! That's right, its about domination.

Gays: Be happy with civil unions, be happy that you get most of the protections under the law that married couples do, and don't sweat the insurance stuff; our fearful leader is about to make sure illegal aliens get free health insurance too so surely you are going to be included.

Just stay away from my faith, unless you are interested in following it to the best of your ability. That is the vow I have made and that is why the truth is important in discussing it. I still sin, but I hate myself when I do sin and I take large steps toward eliminating it in my life. That is all God asks us to do.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:01 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
[quote=rah62;11133146]It's not as absurd as it sounds. I grew up in Portland OR, and there was a transsexual foursquare evangelist named Sister Paula Nielsen who had a cable access show for many years.

Sister Paula Nielsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/

When Im channel surfing I see the show pop up on cable access. I can't say I'd be interested in watching it but its there. I have also seen her grocery shopping in the Fred Myers on West Burnside. So she is still on TV and around town here in Portland.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:25 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,881,406 times
I was acquainted with her through a former friend who worked the lights on her cable access show a long time ago. I don't agree with the message, but I gotta give it to her - the dame's got guts for doing it for so long.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:58 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,478,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaruby7 View Post
God loves us all equally.. for God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life..
I'm sure all that is fine and true, however, this God's followers here on earth are not to big on WHOSEVER unless your straight, narrow minded, conservative and own a firearm. Pentacostal Churches are notorious for telling you you will burn in hell for being gay, why would you want to support an organization that hates you?

Old 10-19-2009, 07:01 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,478,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallnoise View Post
There is no interpretation of the bible that allows for sin to be marginalized making it ok to keep sinning because we were saved by the blood of Christ. if you think so.

Also, it is laughable that the only true church is the Catholic church. That makes me laugh inside. They are the Pharisees of the Christian faith. In fact, Constantine did to his people the very thing that our founding fathers wanted make sure didn't happen: State run religion.

Prop 8: I did vote yes on it. You know why? Marriage is between a man and a woman. Marriage is a religious institution that the state has zero business being involved in. There shouldn't be tax breaks for it and neither should we be taxed more because we are married in some instances.

I don't know why Gays want to get married so much anyway. Oh that's right! Its the same reason they want to rewrite the bible to allow homosexuals to keep on living their lifestyle! That's right, its about domination.

Gays: Be happy with civil unions, be happy that you get most of the protections under the law that married couples do, and don't sweat the insurance stuff; our fearful leader is about to make sure illegal aliens get free health insurance too so surely you are going to be included.

Just stay away from my faith, unless you are interested in following it to the best of your ability. That is the vow I have made and that is why the truth is important in discussing it. I still sin, but I hate myself when I do sin and I take large steps toward eliminating it in my life. That is all God asks us to do.
"Marriage is a religious institution"???? That will be news to millions of couples who are not religious but happily married. It's all a wash. I'm done with this thread, it reeks of hypocrisy and hate.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
"Marriage is a religious institution"???? That will be news to millions of couples who are not religious but happily married. It's all a wash. I'm done with this thread, it reeks of hypocrisy and hate.
Cohabitation does not require a religious contract, duh. However, when someone decides to be bonded in marriage (to become one in flesh) that is a religious institution.

The state interfered with the religious practice of marriage. More over, the state doesn't even give a crap if you are married or not, only religious institutions.

There is no hypocrisy nor hate. I don't hate gays. I have zero problem with them living that lifestyle. I do however, have a problem with them living that lifestyle and trying to contradict a faith that opposes that lifestyle.

Is that not fair? You know, to keep the definitions of certain things the same as they have always been?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties