Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:01 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do you have a palm tree? If you do sit outside right at dark and count how many tree rats that are in it. It has to have a skirt of course but rats love palm trees.
Not just palm trees, any kind of trees. And around garbage cans and dumpsters too. Just take a look at all the rat bait boxes around the grocery stores, especially where the trucks unload.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 11:37 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Not just palm trees, any kind of trees. And around garbage cans and dumpsters too. Just take a look at all the rat bait boxes around the grocery stores, especially where the trucks unload.
Those sound like wharf rats

Old 08-10-2010, 12:12 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Those sound like wharf rats
They could be, but they're not that big.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
of course there are what we used to call in Ca, fruit rats. They would get into the fruit trees and eat away. Often you could see them, ugly and big. I hate rats!!!!!!

Nita

Old 08-11-2010, 08:19 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Sometimes we fish down at the bays. Right at dark they come out by the hundreds and they are really bold.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:30 PM

4 posts, read 10,155 times
Thank you so much for all of your replies! I will be taking the advice of SoCalBrad and will be contacting the media.
Yes, there are palm trees outside, which seem to be one of their nesting sites. I've returned to the store since my post and nothing has changed. I sat outside towards the evening time and counted more than 2 dozen rats over a 5 minute period!!! The entire property seems to be infested.
I will follow up with the results after I contact the local media.
Thank you again for all of your suggestions!

Old 08-13-2010, 09:34 PM

4 posts, read 10,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhanifin View Post
Even though everyone else is on you about posting this on the forum, I just wanted to say thanks, I occasionally go to that store...

wouldnt have known if you hadnt posted it!!

Thank you so much for all of your replies! I will be taking the advice of SoCalBrad and will be contacting the media.
Yes, there are palm trees outside, which seem to be one of their nesting sites. I've returned to the store since my post and nothing has changed. I sat outside towards the evening time and counted more than 2 dozen rats over a 5 minute period!!! The entire property seems to be infested.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:53 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63vwguy View Post
awesome! Let me know how it goes!

Old 08-13-2010, 10:01 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63vwguy View Post
I would like to inform everyone of a serious rodent problem at the 7-11 located at 298 Sycamore Ave. in Vista, CA. The store has been warned several times of the severe rodent problems by both employees and customers. When questioned concerning the matter, the owner/operator "Tawab Amir", denies that there is any issues. Droppings have been found all around the store, especially in the coffee area, which is a main attraction for it's regular patrons. As a concerned citizen/ex-customer, I find it very important that the public be made aware of the stores health violations. The Field Rep. for the store has also denied any wrongdoing on the establishments part and refuses to address the sanitation problem.
My final suggestion is not to spend your money at this store for obvious reasons.
Having shopped there often myself, I too was concerned with what I perceived was a rodent problem until Tawab's brother in law,Fuqwadd,
straightened me out by pointing to the roller-grill, there under the lexan cover (to the right of the cash register) and next to that colorful
box of 5 hour energy bottles. There, free-rolling to a golden crisp, were three fat rats, skewered and seasoned with their crispy little ears dripping
with corn oil and lightly sprinkled with curry. He was horrified at my calling them rats, he insisted that they were product and NOT rats at all.
I asked him to chill, not to get his turban in a wad, and went to the freezer to get another can of Steel Reserve and as I started toward the door
he gave me a piece of wisdom that I'll never forget. He told me that if the rats really bothered me that much in spite of the fact that I still continued
to shop there, that I must be a helluva lot dumber than he was. We would have carried on a longer conversation but he had to help Tawab, who had
just cornered a few more products behind the slurpee machine.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:25 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Having shopped there often myself, I too was concerned with what I perceived was a rodent problem until Tawab's brother in law,Fuqwadd,
straightened me out by pointing to the roller-grill, there under the lexan cover (to the right of the cash register) and next to that colorful
box of 5 hour energy bottles. There, free-rolling to a golden crisp, were three fat rats, skewered and seasoned with their crispy little ears dripping
with corn oil and lightly sprinkled with curry. He was horrified at my calling them rats, he insisted that they were product and NOT rats at all.
I asked him to chill, not to get his turban in a wad, and went to the freezer to get another can of Steel Reserve and as I started toward the door
he gave me a piece of wisdom that I'll never forget. He told me that if the rats really bothered me that much in spite of the fact that I still continued
to shop there, that I must be a helluva lot dumber than he was. We would have carried on a longer conversation but he had to help Tawab, who had
just cornered a few more products behind the slurpee machine.
ewww are you serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego