Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 07:51 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times

Advertisements

Pre-season starts tonight vs Dallas Cowboys. I look out the office window and the stadium flags are up and Mission Valley is buzzin with excitement. What will this season have in store for SD? Will they make the playoffs again this year? Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 09:14 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,718,106 times
I believe the Chargers will have as good of a team but their record won't reflect.The schedule is brutal with the NFC West games along with Denver twice.Oakland looks improved as well.The Afc East looks improved.Beginning of year is brutal.@AZ host SEA and @BUF . Three games they could easily lose. Defense should be better but Keenan Allen needs help as how he does in double coverage remains to be seen.Unfortunately I see 7-9 .

Old 08-08-2014, 11:03 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
The Chargers will finish last in the west
Denver will finish 1st followed by the Raiders

Old 08-18-2014, 05:52 PM

35 posts, read 51,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
I believe the Chargers will have as good of a team but their record won't reflect.The schedule is brutal with the NFC West games along with Denver twice.Oakland looks improved as well.The Afc East looks improved.Beginning of year is brutal.@AZ host SEA and @BUF . Three games they could easily lose. Defense should be better but Keenan Allen needs help as how he does in double coverage remains to be seen.Unfortunately I see 7-9 .
I agree. Teams seems to have improved in almost every area from where they were a year ago, but that schedule. Ouch. If they make it to the playoffs after that gauntlet, they will be in excellent shape to make a run.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:04 AM

444 posts, read 665,595 times
I agree that schedule is relentless. It seems that the Chargers have a difficult schedule each year and, along with injuries, becomes part of their undoing come playoff time. While I'm confident they're headed in the right direction under the new GM I'd be surprised if they make it to the playoffs this year. This coming from an optimist. Hope I'm wrong.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:15 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx View Post
I agree that schedule is relentless. It seems that the Chargers have a difficult schedule each year and, along with injuries, becomes part of their undoing come playoff time. While I'm confident they're headed in the right direction under the new GM I'd be surprised if they make it to the playoffs this year. This coming from an optimist. Hope I'm wrong.
The Chargers made it to the playoffs (and advanced) last year under the same new GM.

On paper based on last year's results the schedule does look difficult, as it does for the rest of the AFC West, but with parity in the NFL you only really know how tough it was at the end of the season.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:06 PM

444 posts, read 665,595 times
Yeah they made the playoffs against astronomical odds but I didn't complain!

Their Achilles heel will be defense. Even with the Brandon Flowers signing they will see some tough times vs Seattle, SF, Denver 2X, etc etc. Aside from the fragile Dwight Freeney there's not much of a pass rush. (Go get em Ingram & Attachou!) And the secondary has some young legs but . . .EEK!!

I'd love to eat my words by December.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:13 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx View Post
Yeah they made the playoffs against astronomical odds but I didn't complain!

Their Achilles heel will be defense. Even with the Brandon Flowers signing they will see some tough times vs Seattle, SF, Denver 2X, etc etc. Aside from the fragile Dwight Freeney there's not much of a pass rush. (Go get em Ingram & Attachou!) And the secondary has some young legs but . . .EEK!!

I'd love to eat my words by December.
Somewhere I read this morning that we are worst in the league against the run so far this preseason. It's preseason I know, but still.

I hope they figure out that D and I think you are right in that it could be our Achilles heel.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:32 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
That last game their D looked pitiful in the 1st quarter. Some guys are looking to get cut.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:59 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times
Man, and I was so hopeful after that Ryan Matthews touch down in the 3rd. Not a good start and then the champs roll into town next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego