Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:57 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,477,668 times

Advertisements

If they are growing the cops will be interested. Grow houses are almost as dangerous as meth labs - they both tend to catch fire. Instead of calling dispatch, who's job is basically to get you to not make a report, try to get in touch with narcotics instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 09:19 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwheatmom View Post
Thanks for the info all.
Yes, he seems non dangerous and we have talked to him about it a ton! Thats why I have tried to turn the other way for so long. But, he is spiraling so it doesnt help to talk to him any more.
This guy is an owner and has owned for 20 years
I am in the city of san diego.
The cops just say that too many people have medical licenses so they dont have the man power to come out to every call like this. They say they will come out to a noise violation, but this guy is not noisy.
I too think Pot should be legal within limits, but this is making my home dangerous.
Wow, that really sucks, I feel sorry for you. I am in kinda the same situation, I live in a so-called nonsmoking building....... where of course 95% of the people smoke....the building just reeks of the filth, bothers my sinuses. I have my room sealed up really good and run an ionizing air cleaner all the time, helps a lot.....good luck

Old 02-22-2011, 12:27 PM

455 posts, read 1,499,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwheatmom View Post
My neighbors growing and selling has begun to put me and my 2 baby girls in danger. I know he has a medicinal license but the amount of plants and the selling cant be legal. That being said the cops are to overworked to do anything since they say "everyone has a medicinal license" so it is hard to prosecute.

I am looking for a different law that might help me. Perhaps child endangerment because of the constant smoke coming into our home (yes its that strong. We even have fans blowing it the other direction.) Maybe child endangerment because of all the dangerous people at his house around the clock purchasing the drugs. Even, something like not being zoned for commerical/retail. Or a health code violation because the house has overgrown plants around it to hide what is going on inside.

I know I am reaching but I need something to protect my family. Any help would be great!
Thanks
Easy fix. Move.

How is the situation making your home dangerous? MJ is basically non-toxic... the smog you breathe driving to work is more dangerous than a few stray fumes from his home. The situation isn't any different than if he just smoked tobacco, was an avid cook and barbecued or smoked meat regularly. If you don't want to have the chance of smelling something your neighbor might be doing... find somewhere to live that's nowhere near anyone else.

You say he's lived there for 20 years. Has he ever been robbed? Have cops ever been called for a violent confrontation (not from someone complaining that he's growing/smoking)? If not... seriously... grow up.

As to the genius claiming that a person running a small grow operation at home is as dangerous as running a meth lab... you have no absolutely idea what you're talking about. About the only thing that presents an additional risk is fire due to electrical issues with the lighting, which would be no different than if he owned a saltwater reef tank, or grew his own vegetables hydroponically.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:52 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
As to the genius claiming that a person running a small grow operation at home is as dangerous as running a meth lab... you have no absolutely idea what you're talking about. About the only thing that presents an additional risk is fire due to electrical issues with the lighting, which would be no different than if he owned a saltwater reef tank, or grew his own vegetables hydroponically.
WSVN-TV - Officials investigate home explosion
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...+home+invasion

Last edited by NYSD1995; 02-22-2011 at 02:19 PM..

Old 02-22-2011, 02:17 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
Easy fix. Move.

How is the situation making your home dangerous? MJ is basically non-toxic... the smog you breathe driving to work is more dangerous than a few stray fumes from his home. The situation isn't any different than if he just smoked tobacco, was an avid cook and barbecued or smoked meat regularly. If you don't want to have the chance of smelling something your neighbor might be doing... find somewhere to live that's nowhere near anyone else.

You say he's lived there for 20 years. Has he ever been robbed? Have cops ever been called for a violent confrontation (not from someone complaining that he's growing/smoking)? If not... seriously... grow up.

So the OP and their family should move so someone can grow and sell weed? I'm not against weed at all, quite the opposite actually but this type of stuff does not belong in residential neighborhoods and can lead to more problems down the road. My father lives in Ukiah up in Mendocino County, basically the epicenter of weed and there have been quite a few problems as pot growing as expanded up there. Neighbors are turning on neighbors because the smell is just unbearable at times, you can smell it just driving around town certain times of the year. Robberies and shootings have occurred in this small town of 15,000 because of it. It's basically neighbors like these that help keep pot illegal and turn people against it.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:05 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,990,339 times
Agreed sav858. I worked up in Mendocino one summer at this guys 20+ acre ranch house abutting a small mountain/hill. He told me that whatever I did, not to roam up in those hills because there were guys up there who grew (they did things like plant it in between rows of corn). They shoot first, and ask questions later. So for those who say marijuana and that whole scene is nonviolent, they're mistaken. 18 y.o. kids up there drive Benzes and carry guns to protect their investments.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:20 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
^ Yeah you can't even hunt in Mendocino County anymore basically because of situations like that my dad tells me. Which amazes me because when I was a kid he would hunt all the time.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:27 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
Agreed sav858. I worked up in Mendocino one summer at this guys 20+ acre ranch house abutting a small mountain/hill. He told me that whatever I did, not to roam up in those hills because there were guys up there who grew (they did things like plant it in between rows of corn). They shoot first, and ask questions later. So for those who say marijuana and that whole scene is nonviolent, they're mistaken. 18 y.o. kids up there drive Benzes and carry guns to protect their investments.
You are describing illegal growing. Much larger quantities and much more at stake as a result. Here in LA, A person can grow a set amount of plants at home with a medical card but I am not sure about the sale part. My understanding was that they could grow for their own use and I don't believe they can sell from home. That is the job of the dispensary.

The video would be useful to determine illegal selling and maybe give cause for the local authorities to investigate and determine whether the grower is growing within the prescribed limits / quantities and / or selling illegally.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:56 AM

455 posts, read 1,499,450 times
First of all... the article you linked with the explosion did not give a determined cause, only that there happened to be a small grow set up. How many homes have exploded due to simple gas leaks?

Your google search does nothing to support your issue. Sure, there have been home invasions due to grow operations... but have there been any home invasions at 'this' grow operation? With a 20 year history, if there hasn't been a single problem... it would suggest that it's actually pretty darn safe.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:27 PM

58 posts, read 148,607 times
Prop 215 says that, a patient is allowed to have 8 mature cannabis plant and possess 8 ounce of dried cannabis.
My nieghbor across the street has them, and my front area smells like a skunk got ran over. Oh well, I guess if I ever feel the need to want to get "medicated" I'll walk across the street to say hi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego