Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 01:13 AM

5 posts, read 9,572 times

Advertisements

Hi there, my husband and I are both 25 years old with a baby on the way...due in September. We are a military family, moving to San Diego in August for him to attend SDSU, and will be there for about 2 years, maybe a little longer. We are looking for a single-family home to rent for less than $2000 a month. We are aiming for a rent of $1500-$1800. We have two dogs, 15 pounds each. We need 2-3 bedrooms, a fenced in yard (so the dogs have an area to do their business and not escape), and preferably a garage, but that's not mandatory. We don't want more than a thirty minute commute. I've been searching Craig's list. My question is: what areas in San Diego are safe? Also, where is safe in our price range? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 07:40 AM

745 posts, read 1,568,798 times
Rolando Park is south of SDSU and has one or two homes for rent in your price range. I moved here 5 years ago and feel completely safe. Any crime is on the periphery where there are some apartments. Most of the neighborhood has single family homes built in the 50s. I wouldn't live here with a school age child as the school rating is not high enough. I think most of the kids come from the apartments on College. That said, if you have an infant on the way, school is 5 years in your future and Rolando Park is worth looking in to. By the way this sample add says La Mesa but they don't know what they are talking about. This is Rolando Park in San Diego just west of La Mesa.
4128 Vivian Street
La Mesa, CA 92115
House for Rent
Check Availability
Description
Best Deal! In College/La Mesa area** 3 bedrooms 2 baths with huge yard! Gorgeous View!** Exceptionally long drive way offers great parking ** Inviting living room with big windows made our house bright and airy! ** Energy efficient Dual Pane windows throughout to keep this house bright and cozy! ** Linen closet in hallway ** Bath rooms with newer vanities ** Spacious kitchen with eat-in area ** Eat-in area has window that overlook the front entry ** Split plan that offers another suite separate from the other 2 spacious bedrooms rooms ** Offers great privacy ** other 2 rooms share good size walk-in closet. ** Covered patio for all gatherings no matter rain or shine ** Huge yard with storage shed for all your gardening equipment.** Split level yards that offers great view Brokered And Advertised By: Top Notch Realty Inc Listing Agent: Andrey Lam

Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeke View Post
Rolando Park is south of SDSU and has one or two homes for rent in your price range. I moved here 5 years ago and feel completely safe. Any crime is on the periphery where there are some apartments. Most of the neighborhood has single family homes built in the 50s. I wouldn't live here with a school age child as the school rating is not high enough. I think most of the kids come from the apartments on College. That said, if you have an infant on the way, school is 5 years in your future and Rolando Park is worth looking in to. By the way this sample add says La Mesa but they don't know what they are talking about. This is Rolando Park in San Diego just west of La Mesa.
4128 Vivian Street
La Mesa, CA 92115
House for Rent
Check Availability
Description
Best Deal! In College/La Mesa area** 3 bedrooms 2 baths with huge yard! Gorgeous View!** Exceptionally long drive way offers great parking ** Inviting living room with big windows made our house bright and airy! ** Energy efficient Dual Pane windows throughout to keep this house bright and cozy! ** Linen closet in hallway ** Bath rooms with newer vanities ** Spacious kitchen with eat-in area ** Eat-in area has window that overlook the front entry ** Split plan that offers another suite separate from the other 2 spacious bedrooms rooms ** Offers great privacy ** other 2 rooms share good size walk-in closet. ** Covered patio for all gatherings no matter rain or shine ** Huge yard with storage shed for all your gardening equipment.** Split level yards that offers great view Brokered And Advertised By: Top Notch Realty Inc Listing Agent: Andrey Lam

Thank you! Yes, we will be out of there before baby is old enough for school, so that shouldn't be a problem. Can you post a link to that house you mentioned above? I'd like to look more into it.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:40 PM

4128 Vivian Street, San Diego, CA, 92115 Residential Property for Rent by Andrey Lam

Hope that works. I am not the world's best link copier.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:45 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,339,266 times
It's not in La Mesa, it's in the Rolando/College area, off of University. If it was in La Mesa, the zip would be different.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:49 PM

I know moved. That is what I have been telling the OP. Ignore the fact that the ad says La Mesa. They don't know what they are talking about. It is the real estate rental ad that is wrong. I am well aware of where it is as I live in Rolando Park and have a friend on Vivian. I could walk to this house from mine with ease.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:10 PM

Thank you! I emailed them so hopefully I will hear something back soon to set up an appointment or something. I'll be able to come down sometime in July to take a look at some houses, I am just hoping to be able to narrow my search to specific areas.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:14 PM

how is chula vista?

Old 06-22-2013, 09:37 AM

It's a bit of a commute to SDSU. Eastern Chula Vista had a big build up some years ago. Some nice neighborhoods. Then everything went south when the housing market dropped so Chula Vista became known as a place where you could get some real bargains on houses. Eastlake was a popular area of this type.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:15 AM

658 posts, read 1,554,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeke View Post
4128 Vivian Street, San Diego, CA, 92115 Residential Property for Rent by Andrey Lam

Hope that works. I am not the world's best link copier.
Pretty good deal if you rent out two rooms, about $600 each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego