Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever used Concord Equestrian Center (concordequestriancenter.com) for lessons for their kids? If so, how was it?

Or if you can recommend another place that you have used for your young kids. Our 4 year old daughter wants to take horse riding lessons as she loves horses.

Any place around Del Mar or Rancho Santa Fe would work for us.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 04:08 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,780,627 times
I'm not personally familiar with the staff shown on their website, but then I've not been keeping up with the h/j world in your area all that much since I moved to Northern California. If you're interested in checking out other options, you might check out Riding Magazine's website as it's a SD county based publication with links to training stables all over the area. Good luck! I began riding at your daughter's age at the old Mission Valley Polo Grounds and lo unto these many years later (I'm 60ish now) I still have a horse and ride daily. It's a wonderful sport! As an aside, I'm in the process of plotting a return to SD county and have found your posts to be very, very helpful. Hopefully I can return the favor!

Old 07-31-2012, 05:36 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon
I began riding at your daughter's age at the old Mission Valley Polo Grounds and lo unto these many years later (I'm 60ish now) I still have a horse and ride daily.
Never knew that Mission Valley had polo fields...interesting.

Have you looked into the Del Mar Horsepark across from the polo field? Better yet, maybe she can learn to play polo? I knew someone who used to play.....talk about an expensive sport.

Del Mar Fairgrounds : Del Mar Horsepark Equestrian Facility

Welcome to the San Diego Polo Club

Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times
Hey moveinon and sdurbanite!

Thanks so much for those helpful tips. I totally don't know ANYTHING about these subjects. I didn't think this was a sport our kids would have any interest in but we're spending the summer here in Europe and she rode a horse in Paris and really loved it and looks like she is hooked.

Doing research it sounds like it's an expensive hobby. (Or really anything related to horses) but definitely if she has interest, we want her to pursue it.

Thanks for those helpful links. We're looking forward to getting back to San Diego. I will NEVER complain about the cost of living in San Diego again. We've been in Switzerland the past few weeks and I can't believe how incredibly expensive everything is here! Makes everywhere else seem super cheap!

Moveinon, you're totally welcome. That's what these boards are all about...sharing good and helpful information. Let me know if you end up returning to San Diego and coffee or lunch is on me. Nothing beats San Diego so hope you find your way back here.

Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego