Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:03 AM

2 posts, read 6,564 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to San Diego in the fall and I need to enroll my 14yr old daughter in high school. Can anyone recommend a good high school in a decent neighborhood? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,575,311 times
Most people like a short commute to work. Where will you be working?

Old 06-29-2010, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 6,564 times
Thank you for responding. We don't know yet but we aren't picky. If the school, rent and neighorhood is good then we'd probably look for jobs around that area.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:47 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Pick out an area, and post it here for comments. By the time you pick out where you want to live and move, the high school in your area of residence could be full, and he/she would have to go to another one.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:48 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webninja View Post
Thank you for responding. We don't know yet but we aren't picky. If the school, rent and neighorhood is good then we'd probably look for jobs around that area.
I'm sorry, but I usually find that getting well paying jobs is step one, then pick a good community near those jobs. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:49 PM

387 posts, read 2,131,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Pick out an area, and post it here for comments. By the time you pick out where you want to live and move, the high school in your area of residence could be full, and he/she would have to go to another one.
Yep.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:05 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTaylor View Post
Yep.
And you may not like the school, but will have no choice in the matter. If the enrollment in that particular grade is capped, he/she will go somewhere else.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:46 PM

745 posts, read 1,568,348 times
Poway school district has some of the best high schools in San Diego County. My kids both graduated from Poway High. Good luck on the job search. This is not an easy time.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:06 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,990,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webninja View Post
My family is moving to San Diego in the fall and I need to enroll my 14yr old daughter in high school. Can anyone recommend a good high school in a decent neighborhood? Thank you.
I know it takes a little effort, but the "search" tool is in the top right hand area for a reason. That subject has been asked on this forum about 20x in the last couple of months.

How about:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...us-choose.html

or maybe

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...llectuals.html

or even

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...districts.html

EDIT: oops, those may not have been high schools (but good elementary schools precede good high schools..right?) Just put "good high school", "good neighborhood" in the search box. The wonders of the internets

Old 06-29-2010, 11:27 PM

788 posts, read 1,877,254 times
best schools districts in county:
San Dieguito Union(and feeder districts)
Poway Unified
Carlsbad Unified
San Marcos Unified
- good schools not in these districts are sprinkled throughout the county.
San Diego Unified: has a lot of very high performing schools in La Jolla, Scripps Ranch, Mira Mesa, etc.

If you have the money, go with Poway or San Dieguito. If you cant afford it or want a larger house, go with San Marcos, Mira Mesa, or parts of Chula Vista (Eastlake, Otay Ranch)

thats general information. look more in to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego