Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 06:40 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
About a month after this thread was started I was given 3 baby chicks that were 3 days old. 2 chickens and a rooster. We let them pretty much come and go as they pleased as the property is large and fenced in. We built them a small coop for roosting but during the day they just roamed free.

After about 3 months, one of the chickens was eaten by a large hawk right in front of my 5 year old son. He was devastaded about it for days. After that we were constantly on hawk alert, hahahaa. I had never realized before that just how many hawks are flying around my area.

After about 6-7 month we had a full fledged rooster on our hands. He was loud, pooped everwhere, and chased the kids and the chickens were killing the landscaping. The neighbors never complained about the crowing but the wife sure did .

At about 10 months of having them, the wife made me give them up as she had enough. So I had to give them to Santee Feed and Seed. Hopefully they are still having as good a life as I gave them for 10 months.

I got a total of 1 egg out of it that I actually found 2 weeks after giving them away.
I found an egg one year later once... It exploded into a clear nasty liquid that took months to go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 356 times
Hi. Pretty sure its my neighbor. So obnoxious. We live across from them. I don't know what to do because I don't want problems but thst rooster wakes me up often. I know its now 2017 but I just found this thread by googling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORCALTRANSPLANTINSD View Post
hi all,
i live in spring valley near bancroft for over 5 years, i know it's not the best area but just recently maybe begining earlier this month feb 2014 we been hearing a Rooster crowing almost every evening to early moring hours non stop in the middle of night, it crows different times like 8pm, 12am, and 3am-5am. It gets pretty hot in Spring Valley so I like to keep my windows open during the night. I'm a light sleeper and I'm already having a hard time staying asleep, it's pretty loud cuz I can hear it even if my window is closed. The only thing is I don't know exactly where it's coming from or whose house it is, cuz I would be more than happy to go there and ask the owner about the noise. What should I do? The next step would be file a complaint through the County of SD, but I would need the address of owner and at least 2 signitures of neighbors. I would hate if this continues on through the summer months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego