Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 12:59 PM

782 posts, read 759,237 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any recommendation for Greek or Mediterranean Restaurants in and around San Marcos or beyond? I'll drive further on the weekends to get it.

I tried several in the area and not too many are meeting my expectations or past experience.

Last place I tried was Acropolis Greek Grill in Vista near the Target off of Business Park Drive, was okay but still not what I'm use to.

I still have several place on my list I want to try, Ara Lebanese Grill got great reviews but I have not stopped in yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 01:17 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,426,022 times
I had some very decent mediterranean food at Skewers Grill on El Camino Real Encinitas. It is located in a Shell Gas Station. Owner is persian.

Verify prices before you commit to ordering.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:52 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,592,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
Does anyone have any recommendation for Greek or Mediterranean Restaurants in and around San Marcos or beyond? I'll drive further on the weekends to get it.

I tried several in the area and not too many are meeting my expectations or past experience.

Last place I tried was Acropolis Greek Grill in Vista near the Target off of Business Park Drive, was okay but still not what I'm use to.

I still have several place on my list I want to try, Ara Lebanese Grill got great reviews but I have not stopped in yet.
We happened to eat lunch at Ara Lebanese Grill recently. It was just OK.

We prefer a couple of Poway places - North Park Produce Bakery & Grill, and Alaturca. Pioneer, in the North County Fair food court in Escondido, is pretty good, also.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:59 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,137,281 times
Since San Marcos is not that far from OC, if you are up in OC, try Panini Cafe in Aliso Viejo, their southernmost location. PaniniCafe is not in San Diego county, only LA/OC. Note that it is not Greek, although Greek inspiration (dishes) can be found, it is very much Mediterranean, etc. Delicious and remarkably well priced.

Panini Cafe

Old 03-25-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I had some very decent mediterranean food at Skewers Grill on El Camino Real Encinitas. It is located in a Shell Gas Station. Owner is persian.

Verify prices before you commit to ordering.
I was at the Target near there last week, did not know about this place, will have to give it a try for lunch.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
We happened to eat lunch at Ara Lebanese Grill recently. It was just OK.

We prefer a couple of Poway places - North Park Produce Bakery & Grill, and Alaturca. Pioneer, in the North County Fair food court in Escondido, is pretty good, also.
Okay thanks for the tip and suggestions, Ara's menus looks limited and I do not see much selection.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Since San Marcos is not that far from OC, if you are up in OC, try Panini Cafe in Aliso Viejo, their southernmost location. PaniniCafe is not in San Diego county, only LA/OC. Note that it is not Greek, although Greek inspiration (dishes) can be found, it is very much Mediterranean, etc. Delicious and remarkably well priced.

Panini Cafe
We have to get up to the OC sometime, still have not even been there. Thanks for the tip. I am losing hope with Yelp, many reviews seem fabricated and when I go to places it's not as good as it's hyped, or maybe it's because of my experience? I went to Mama Kat's in San Marcos for the first time, due to Yelp reviews and they charged me $4 for a little side dish of fruit, the dish was tiny and I think there was one strawberry in it. I noticed a few places are not great value for the price.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:49 AM

601 posts, read 1,451,185 times
Pioneer Organic Cuisine at the North County Fair Mall Food Court

Old 03-31-2016, 09:20 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post

I don't have any places to add, but I will say that I agree with your assessment of Acropolis Greek Grill. We found that place driving around on Tuesday night while on vacation earlier in the month. It was fairly close to our hotel. The staff was nice and the prices were OK. The ambiance/decor was very fast-foody. The food was pretty standard stuff. Not spectacular but not terrible. We were the only people eating there. The general area looked dark and dead with not very many people around on Tuesday night. We ended up at the Acropolis after my wife went 0/2 with finding Asian restaurants that were open on Tuesdays. Still, Acropolis was a much better choice for us than the Jack-In-The Box (yuck) across the parking lot!

Old 03-31-2016, 09:34 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times
if your travels ever take you to downtown SD, Athens Market is quite good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego