Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 04:02 PM

8 posts, read 16,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGregorShow View Post
Just Anaheim or OC? Because the guys in Newport beach are very tall. Also what about below the 8?
I live in downtown SD, so the majority of my experience would be "below the 8." I notice a definite difference here in height across the board, not just white people. I see black women and Latinos that are 5'11; something I didn't see in OC.

As to your other question, I visited Newport quite a bit and although there is a higher percentage of tall white people there compared to other areas of OC, the percentage is still not as high as in SD. I saw a similar percentage of tall white people in Anaheim hills compared to NPB, which is another affluent area of OC.

I notice you tend to focus on white people being taller. However, from my experience it leans more towards more affluent areas or people from an affluent bloodline - regardless of race. Just my observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 08:54 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,776,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbrew View Post
I live in downtown SD, so the majority of my experience would be "below the 8." I notice a definite difference here in height across the board, not just white people. I see black women and Latinos that are 5'11; something I didn't see in OC.

As to your other question, I visited Newport quite a bit and although there is a higher percentage of tall white people there compared to other areas of OC, the percentage is still not as high as in SD. I saw a similar percentage of tall white people in Anaheim hills compared to NPB, which is another affluent area of OC.

I notice you tend to focus on white people being taller. However, from my experience it leans more towards more affluent areas or people from an affluent bloodline - regardless of race. Just my observation.

Usually people that do come from wealth and are upper middle class are fairly taller than average. Genes have more to do with rather than diet. So poorer people obviously are shorter overall and tend to marry in their same economic class, so the generations of shorter men are more pronounced. Not in every case, but for the most part, people marry within their own class and demographics and this dictates the height of many people.

Race matters too.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:27 PM

219 posts, read 317,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbrew View Post

I wonder why people in OC are shorter than SD. I meant white people because generally the minorities are shorter. Plus the beach areas are mostly white.

So you think that the white people in OC are generally shorter than SD?

Old 06-05-2016, 08:07 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,776,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGregorShow View Post
I wonder why people in OC are shorter than SD. I meant white people because generally the minorities are shorter. Plus the beach areas are mostly white.

So you think that the white people in OC are generally shorter than SD?
Why does this matter so much to you? White people in generally no matter where they come from, are taller than the rest of the world on average. Especially Anglo-Saxon Whites.

White people come in different shades and creeds, I have no idea why or how White folks in OC might be shorter than the ones in SD if they are coming from similar ethnicities. Maybe Secondbrew is focusing more on certain areas or his observations might be off.

Because the times I've been to OC, the people look the same to me, possibly a slight more diverse.

OC has a lot of Asians, much more compared to here and the mixed race population seems higher up in OC, so this could be a factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego