Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 12:57 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,746,664 times

Advertisements

Sorry I have no problem with some people's choices to live in East County. If it works for them great. I was just saying that in my case, it wasn't worth it, I'd rather move. This goes back to the one guy who called us complainers and failures for moving. My point was, where is that guy living? I had one lady I worked with before I left make a disgusted face and say, "Orlando?" like it was gross. Ok it may be gross, but she lives in Jamul. She can't give me flak for moving to a hot place when Jamul is just as hot, and not all that interesting. I'm just saying some, not all, but some people judge us for moving, yet they aren't exactly taking advantage of SD's most interesting parts. You are obviously an exception!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 01:13 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garek007 View Post
S I had one lady I worked with before I left make a disgusted face and say, "Orlando?" like it was gross. Ok it may be gross, but she lives in Jamul. She can't give me flak for moving to a hot place when Jamul is just as hot, and not all that interesting.
I live in Jamul.

May I suggest that if you don't like it when people who don't know much about where you live bash it that you not turn around and do the same yourself?

Last edited by RosieSD; 12-04-2017 at 01:34 PM..

Old 12-04-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I live in Jamul.

May I suggest that if you don't like it when people who don't know much about where you live bash it that you not turn around and do the same yourself?
Not bashing, simply stating my feelings and reasons for moving.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:26 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,276,114 times
Lived in SD for nearly 13 years and it has absolutely grown more congested everywhere on the freeways and certainly the worst I have ever seen it. I cant see this lightening up either. More jobs, housing and people willing to take longer commutes.

What is even more interesting is that the rush hour seems to have bumped up and hour or two on certain freeways especially in and around the Golden Triangle.

When it started taking my spouse over an hour to drive 20 miles on the 805 south coming home, we knew
it was time to re-evaluate what we felt was worth our cost of living (not just about financial)

Old 12-04-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Not bashing, simply stating my feelings and reasons for moving.
Got it, and I do understand the reasons you moved. I have friends in Orlando and I've always liked the area when I've visited. Just like San Diego County is about more than beaches, Orlando is more than Disneyland.

To the person who sent me the snarky anonymous message disguised as a rep, sorry that you are having such a bad day. Hope your life gets better soon!

Last edited by RosieSD; 12-04-2017 at 05:14 PM..

Old 12-05-2017, 06:05 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
I live near the beach but spend as much time out east as possible cause that is my happy place. Guess I kind of have the best of both.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Got it, and I do understand the reasons you moved. I have friends in Orlando and I've always liked the area when I've visited. Just like San Diego County is about more than beaches, Orlando is more than Disneyland.
Yes and like you said, it's different for everybody, if you like hiking you will absolutely not like Orlando because it is beyond flat. So every area has positives and negatives.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I live near the beach but spend as much time out east as possible cause that is my happy place. Guess I kind of have the best of both.
I have seen your posts about loving the heat and liking the desert. Yes everyone has to make their own choice. I've lived in California my entire life and was ready for a change.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Yes and like you said, it's different for everybody, if you like hiking you will absolutely not like Orlando because it is beyond flat. So every area has positives and negatives.
Orlando probably won't work for people who want to live close to the beach either, since isn't the coast about an hour away?

But, indeed, every area has positives and negatives that we may not be aware of if we have never lived there. That was my main point.

Luckily, in America we have plenty of wonderful choices of places to live.

There is a "happy place" out there somewhere for all of us.

Last edited by RosieSD; 12-05-2017 at 02:20 PM..

Old 12-05-2017, 07:57 PM

332 posts, read 632,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheIce View Post
How long does that commute take you in the morning and evening on average?
Do you ever get off the Freeway and take streets?

Thanks!
About 30 minutes when traffic is normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego