Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 05:35 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,576,464 times

Advertisements

I understand,no one has money,everything is being cut but once again in SD,the poor man(or woman) looses!I do not take or use MTS because it is very inconvenient for me,way over priced and the quality of the service all the way down to the safety is sub-par.Like I said before even when gas was $4.50 and I drove a van that got 14 MPG I would still drive.I'm not a fan of MTS at all.(Unless going and staying downtown which I never do)so I don't use the service.On signonsandiego a reader commented stating sure increase the fairs because money in the system is not there but when the economy is back on track are the going to lower fees?Of course not.THIS IS SAN DIEGO!!!No cost(maybe gas and houses)get lowered here.Check out what people are saying about this and picture yourself getting paid under $10 an hour part time with 3 kids in rougher parts of the county.How the hell are they going to afford this?Simple;they can't!Running them out of their own hometown.Crazy stuff.My view on it,MTS=Metro Transit Sucks.

MTS Approves Service Cuts, Fare Increases - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego
MTS bus service to be pared down, fares increased
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 05:51 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
You think SD is the only transit system in America cutting service and raising fares? Most of them are, I work in the transit industry and trust me, most transit systems are raising fares and cutting service. Even the busiest transit system in the nation, MTA in NYC, is raising fares and cutting down service.

Also I wouldn't take much from U-T comments, they're so off the wall and clueless many times. Like the first comment I saw by "Majestic" talking about how the increase will make SD's fares in line with other cities, which is complete BS. SD already has some of the highest base fares I've ever seen on any transit system in nation.

I'm not defending MTS at all b/c I don't feel they should raise fares, especially considering how high they already are. But b/c of the funding cuts from the state they have no choice, its the same story all over the state and nation. You really need to get out of SD and realize the problems you complain about are hardly unique to this city, especially with this rant.

Last edited by sav858; 03-27-2009 at 06:01 PM..

Old 03-27-2009, 06:26 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
It's a national problem and it doesn't help that CA and San Diego are in very deep right now.

There has to be some inefficiency in MTS because I always see busses doubled up behind each other going down the same streets.

If the people who comment on UT threads were any indicator of the sentiment of this city, we'd all be heavily armed vigilantes.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
If the people who comment on UT threads were any indicator of the sentiment of this city, we'd all be heavily armed vigilantes.
Isn't that the truth!

What is it with the UT commenters? I've even chatted a bit with the guy who runs their website and told them that they should figure out a way to get the comments off of every page that contains a news story, or to at least make them less obvious. I told him that I think the comments degrade the quality of their website. It's like every news story gets dragged into the gutter by the comments under each one. He said they're working on fixing it, but that was months ago, so who knows...

Old 03-27-2009, 11:36 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
It's a national problem and it doesn't help that CA and San Diego are in very deep right now.

There has to be some inefficiency in MTS because I always see busses doubled up behind each other going down the same streets.

The UT's website is truly filled with some of the most screwed up people I have ever seen. We're talking true nutjobs who I doubt ever graduated from high school, believe everything they hear on talk radio, and honestly think Blacks & Hispanics are the source of everything bad in America. The number of people I would classify as overtly racist is worryingly high.

Are they the majority? Hell, no, not even close but these loub mouths seem to have nothing better to do then post their crap 24/7 on a major local internet forum. Why the hell doesn't the UT ban these bastards? Hell, half of them don't even live in San Diego and I've know of tons of ignorant bastards from the American south who for some reason all seem to post on the UT's website including posting links to racist websites like Stormfront.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
We're talking true nutjobs who I doubt ever graduated from high school, believe everything they hear on talk radio, and honestly think Blacks & Hispanics are the source of everything bad in America.
And the gays! Don't forget the gays!

Quote:
Hell, half of them don't even live in San Diego
They do the same thing on sfgate.com, but in even greater numbers from what I've observed. It's pathetic.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:04 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,770,445 times
Yeah it's getting ridiculous with all the fee hikes and all, but what can we do? It sucks I know, and it's not fair, personally the MTS charges too much money for the bus, even the senior discount has gone up and getting more expensive.

Once something goes up in price, especially a service, very rarely will ever go back down in price. I never believe it when they say it's only temporarily. Ya right they will keep those prices up, just like movie tickets, they will never come back down.

The UT does have some crazy ass people posting on that site, I really wonder why the UT have allowed it to get so outta hand.

Most of the postings are from the hardcore right wing/Republican military fanatics that the only solution to Americas problems is by owning a gun and using it often. The people on there also likes to blame all of our problems on illegals, gays, non Americans, Mexicans in general regardless of status. Even if a story about a crime being connected to a Hispanic person, the whole board fills up quick with hateful remarks and people are always having to connect all crimes some how to illegal immigrants WTF? This is not right.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:06 PM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
The UT's website is truly filled with some of the most screwed up people I have ever seen. We're talking true nutjobs who I doubt ever graduated from high school, believe everything they hear on talk radio, and honestly think Blacks & Hispanics are the source of everything bad in America. The number of people I would classify as overtly racist is worryingly high.

Are they the majority? Hell, no, not even close but these loub mouths seem to have nothing better to do then post their crap 24/7 on a major local internet forum. Why the hell doesn't the UT ban these bastards? Hell, half of them don't even live in San Diego and I've know of tons of ignorant bastards from the American south who for some reason all seem to post on the UT's website including posting links to racist websites like Stormfront.
Quote:
sdlife619 : The UT does have some crazy ass people posting on that site, I really wonder why the UT have allowed it to get so outta hand.

Most of the postings are from the hardcore right wing/Republican military fanatics that the only solution to Americas problems is by owning a gun and using it often. The people on there also likes to blame all of our problems on illegals, gays, non Americans, Mexicans in general regardless of status. Even if a story about a crime being connected to a Hispanic person, the whole board fills up quick with hateful remarks and people are always having to connect all crimes some how to illegal immigrants WTF? This is not right.
How did this thread go from simple a RANT about the fares going up on the transit system to painting a VERY BROAD BRUSH against the American South and that the Republican party is racist .

Its disgraceful how you lump everyone together and without any facts. There are no facts because its simply not true. PERIOD.

I don't care about the yahoo's that post on UT , its your generalization of a group of people that are totally untrue and unfounded. This seems to be a habit for "Oerdin" and it would be nice if the moderators could pick up on this as this is not the political forum.

Jksouthbay doesn't deserve his thread to be hijacked like this. Now can we get back to the topic !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 09:19 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,243,340 times
If you make $10 an hour then dont have kids. It is not my job to pay more taxes so other people can have kids they cannot afford.
I do not have more kids than I can afford; other people can do the same.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:47 PM

157 posts, read 644,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
If you make $10 an hour then dont have kids. It is not my job to pay more taxes so other people can have kids they cannot afford.
I do not have more kids than I can afford; other people can do the same.
damn you be cold !

man you should help your brothers - all legal & non-legal brothers !

we all Americans - even the non-legals.

we must carry our brothers loads !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego