Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:26 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith143 View Post
I just don't see the point of preaching the gospel in the United States. 99% of people above the age of 6 have already been exposed to more Christianity than any of them really need. At this point, continued evangelizing is only going to aggravate those that haven't been converted.

I suggest two options.

- Stay home and pray to God to let you perform miracles. You know, the usual kind, water to wine, healing the crippled, raising the dead, walking on water. Performed in public, those are going to be a lot more effective than simple preaching.

- Go some place where people haven't been exposed to as much Christianity. Saudi Arabia comes to mind. You'll have to learn some Arabic first. There's also a definite possibility of martyrdom, surely you want that?
you are really funny!

Old 03-01-2010, 12:38 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
go to potters house, they do it.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:23 PM

4 posts, read 4,806 times
Default No Dog Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Muhlig View Post
worldquest 619 445 5905
Ha! What a Loser! It's not "religion"...religion sucks! It's a Person who will blow the Living Hell out of you and set you free so you can go take off the dog chains [that bind you] and go help this twisted and crippled world get the dog chains off them! Oow! Love, not selfishness, is the name of the game! with tons of love, Dane

Old 01-25-2011, 01:29 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,033,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Muhlig View Post
Ha! What a Loser! It's not "religion"...religion sucks! It's a Person who will blow the Living Hell out of you and set you free so you can go take off the dog chains [that bind you] and go help this twisted and crippled world get the dog chains off them! Oow! Love, not selfishness, is the name of the game! with tons of love, Dane
Uh....

Old 01-26-2011, 02:18 PM

40 posts, read 75,991 times
Whew, such hostility. Why don't you all stop imposing your anti-religiosity on this guy? He thinks he has an important message to share, so live and let live, dudes. If you don't want to hear it, walk away.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:27 AM
Doz

11 posts, read 8,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Agreed! There is nothing more pathetically insecure about a belief system than having to rudely subject perfect strangers to someone prattling on and on about it.
With all due respect you really are biased as the television, media, newspapers and much more is constantly 'preaching' their views non stop. I can elaborate on this quite extensively if youd like me to and therefore Christians are allowed their say as well. If you dont want to hear it simply say 'no thanks' and walk on by, thats all you have to do.

Oh and one other thing, now that youve clearly told God (Jesus Christ) to get out of your life and shut up, dont blame Him for doing just that if tragedy strikes in your life, or you find yourself waking up in everlasting torments in hell, youll know exactly why your there....you chose it, praying for you to have a change of heart my friends.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:28 AM
Doz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJD View Post
If anyone is interested in preaching the gospel open-air message me. I would like to find similar-minded Christians to evangelize with in San Diego, CA
even though i know this is an old post, i really do hope your walking strong with Christ and still committed to be His witness my friend, blessings to you for your post in Jesus mighty name. Doz

Old 03-25-2011, 05:05 AM
Doz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
I'm a Christian, but I think this is a terrible way to do it. How many actually become interested? Rarely none. Almost all are just irritated from people like you. Often, it's just someone talking down to others and judging others as if you were the only righteous person there. Christians are suppose to be demonstrating compassion and love. That's what ticks me the most. I'd rather live my life according to what I believe in and let it show in my own appearance and behavior rather than spewing off to strangers as if I was holier than thou.
You see its people like you that really give Christianity a bad name. You think your so smart with your unscriptural comments that you havent realized heaven is shaking its head at you in shame, let me simply show you why from the book that you say you belong and yet speak contrary to.

'I think this is a terrible way to do it'. It is written: Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity to the obedience of Christ;

You 'think' but you think outside of God's thoughts which clearly state to 'Go' into all the world and preach the Gospel (Matt 28:18-20). I could give so many biblical references to preaching Christ in this manner that would embarress you, and thus you are not casting down 'higher thoughts', you are exalting your views above God's mind on matters, making you seriously incorrect and unscriptural.

'How many actually become interested'. It is written:
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

You have exalted your thoughts once again above the truth of scripture by basically stating that the preaching of the Word is useless, when God's Word (to which you claim to be of) states the opposite, so do you beleive the Bible or not? As the scripture states, the Word accomplishes that to which it is sent, and what is it sent to do? bring people to church? yep, but more than that, it is also to convict mans heart of sin, what it cannot do is convert the sinner above their own free will to 'choose' to continue in sin. The preaching of the Gospel is the only thing which does not need to bear the immediate physical fruits of what is seen as success of failure for the Word has already been told to us by God that it WORKS! Further to your 'rarely none' comment, i have built to date 6 christian churches on the preaching of the Gospel on the streets in a western country, your wrong!

'Almost all are just irritated by persons like you'. It is written: Mat 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

So unfortunately your wrong again, not to mention you owe the original poster an apology for speaking as a 'christian' without the authority of scripture and putting down one who is upholding scripture and trying to encourage others likewise. What a disgrace! youve actually shown everyone that you are a 'stony ground hearer' and not saved, rather offended at Christ and biblical Christianity. Repent!

"Often, it's just someone talking down to others and judging others as if you were the only righteous person there". Thats not correct, its your perseption of it and your perseption ive already shown is not 'christian'.

"Christians are suppose to be demonstrating compassion and love. That's what ticks me the most."

Well I must say, its people like you that tick God off, sure He loves you but He has commanded you to walk in and obey His Word and by this we know true beleivers from false (1 John 2:3 onwards). The preaching of the Gospel in this manner takes extreme love to do such, i should know i have witnessed the Gospel in this manner for over 18 years and through such, the fruit that my 'love' has borne in turning people from sin to Christ will have made your bowl look embarrassing, repent and start reading the Bible my friend or stop speaking.

"I'd rather live my life according to what I believe in and let it show in my own appearance and behavior rather than spewing off to strangers as if I was holier than thou."

As said before, thats not what most people do who adhere to the Bible in proclaiming Christ according to the majority way of scripture in evangelistic methodology. The sad part is, that you are in fact NOT living your life according to what you think you beleive. You fail to obey the Word to preach and think that people will somehow know that you are a Christian?!?! The only Christian my friend is the one who obeys God's Word, not someone who has made an idol, called it 'Jesus Christ' and themselves a 'Christian'.

Why am i writing this, Jude 3! What you need to do now to prove your save, humble yourself, realize you are wrong according to biblical Christianity and make the wrongs right, be praying for you.

Last edited by Doz; 03-25-2011 at 05:17 AM..

Old 03-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Doz

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith143 View Post
I just don't see the point of preaching the gospel in the United States. 99% of people above the age of 6 have already been exposed to more Christianity than any of them really need. At this point, continued evangelizing is only going to aggravate those that haven't been converted.

I suggest two options.

- Stay home and pray to God to let you perform miracles. You know, the usual kind, water to wine, healing the crippled, raising the dead, walking on water. Performed in public, those are going to be a lot more effective than simple preaching.

- Go some place where people haven't been exposed to as much Christianity. Saudi Arabia comes to mind. You'll have to learn some Arabic first. There's also a definite possibility of martyrdom, surely you want that?
Your wrong! scripture declares Christians to continue to proclaim Christ in their community to uphold the standard and to bring those who have turned back to sin the necessary scriptural conviction that it will take to bring them out of sin and back to Christ.

You are also wrong in the fact that although america may be 'hearing' they arent 'repenting' and therefore they need to hear it all the more before its to late, God bless you and hope that you are hearing and obeying God's Word and living sin free

Old 03-25-2011, 05:31 AM
Doz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
Sure, as long you don't bother me during my sacrifice to Satan of furry animals and small children that I perform each Friday morning at La Jolla Cove...
I like your comment 'i'll sleep when im dead' under your name, but actually you wont get to sleep in hell. Be praying for you to turn from your animal and human sacrifice and turn to Christ before its to late. blessings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego