Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 10:18 AM

3 posts, read 6,163 times

Advertisements

Hi guys! I just found out this forum.

I come from Croatia and this will be my first time in US. I got the offer for a pedicab driver so I am interested how much money can I actually make? (J1 visa, from start of June until end of August)

What's the best place to stay (I need no luxury..just a bed, bathroom and Internet).

Is it possible to find a second job during the summer? ( Thinking about Hotels or restaurants). Of course I would do entry positions (housekeeping, waiter etc..)

Another thing is expenses. How's the food in San Diego? Is it expensive?

Tell me about night scene. (I am 20 years old) I suppose night life is pretty good during the summer.

If you have anything to add that would be helpful to me please do so.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 01:29 PM

19 posts, read 82,770 times

STAY THERE !! My only advise.... This city is the black hole.... Easy to get to..HARD to leave..Why..You don't have any money left to LEAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack98 View Post

I come from Croatia and this will be my first time in US. I got the offer for a pedicab driver so I am interested how much money can I actually make? (J1 visa, from start of June until end of August)

What's the best place to stay (I need no luxury..just a bed, bathroom and Internet).

Is it possible to find a second job during the summer? ( Thinking about Hotels or restaurants). Of course I would do entry positions (housekeeping, waiter etc..)

Tell me about night scene. (I am 20 years old) I suppose night life is pretty good during the summer.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 PM

23 posts, read 59,414 times
Honey if you look good you don't have to do NOTHING! All those rich ******* in La Jolla have to hear is that you are from Europe and the old slags will let you move in. Trust me, I've met enough. Just don't say you are from Croatia, let them think you are Greek or Italian or maybe French and they will drop their panties faster than you can say Mama Mia!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:24 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
I'm detecting some cynicism in this thread.

Back on topic, try looking for a room for rent in Pacific Beach. That's where most of the young kids go to party.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:26 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times
Compared to Europe, food is cheap.

As a pedicab driver, I expect you will be working the Embarcadero along side the bay, downtown. However, the bay is not where the beaches are, which is where you will want to be during your off hours.

Nightlife downtown is hopping.... if you are 21. Sorry.

You will pay more to rent a place in Pacific Beach but I suspect in the end you will get more out of the experience, (sex & partying wise) if you live there. Try looking for a roommate on Craigslist.

Downtown has a YMCA where you might want to stay for a couple of days if you haven't found any real accommodations by the time you get here. It's probably kind of divey, but there are worse places out there.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:47 AM

157 posts, read 644,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMack View Post

STAY THERE !! My only advise.... This city is the black hole.... Easy to get to..HARD to leave..Why..You don't have any money left to LEAVE
dude whay you tryin to stop this brothers plans ?

he's wantin to get to workin and fit in.

give a ni**a break man !

BLACK ARIZONA DOG - OUT

Old 04-24-2009, 08:31 PM

4 posts, read 11,451 times
Go to www.J1Juice.com
they will help you!
Good luck and welcome to San Diego!

Old 05-07-2009, 12:49 PM

157 posts, read 644,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack98 View Post

Thanks in advance!
bro did ya move here yet ?

what we gots here is sunshine galore, fine-a** mamacitas, cold-a** margaritas and sooper mexicano food.

ya gonna love it all.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:17 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
For a second job, try Elite Show Services, you can work it around your pedicab driver job, they're very flexible. They do event security all over the San Diego area. Last year they hired abut 300 students from Ireland for the summer. Call for an appointment to fill out an application and for an interview. Tell them that you're here for the summer and want to work event staff. That way you won't need to apply for a guard card. Comic-Con will be coming up at the end of July, and you can get lots of hours there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: