Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:18 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanrush View Post
I'm loving this free tv! Since 2/2008, 3 years +, I get a ton of channels in crisp uncompressed (cable is compressed and blurry) digital HD! It can't be beat by anything in the pay-tv industry. People who are still paying are fools! Before, in analog, using rabbit ears, I got 2 snow channels - - the equivalent of no tv. I love it love it love it ... can't say enough good things about it. Too bad people believed the lies told. But I can guarantee that once you've experienced it first hand, you'll be happy too and want everyone else to know, too.

There's lots on but I had to get a roof antenna to maximize my results and be careful all antennas are not created equally. It's mind-boggling for anyone who doesn't know about RF and wire. Personally, I've got one of the best out there. It's called a Winegard Square Shooter 2000 and it's amplified with a big catcher's mitt. Plus, I sweetened the deal by putting up a rotor too, where I can move my antenna into 3-5 different city/markets.

Who needs ESPN when you've got lots of sports, classic tv/movies, children's entertainment, diy, news, foreign language, religion, and lots of commercial free channels. Remember when the liars who charge for tv got us to switch by promising no commercials? That didn't last long, did it?
No, it sure didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 02:33 PM

681 posts, read 2,801,048 times
I'm thinking of dumping my cable and signing up for netflix and buying the Mohu HDTV antenna.

Does anyone have any experience with the Mohu antenna in town? It's super slim and seems to have a lot of good reviews but wanted a more local review.

FYI a pretty good site to look at if you want to know what channels you should be able to pick up with an HDTV antenna is the FCC DTV maps: The Digital TV Transition: Reception Maps
Just put in your zip and it'll tell you all the channels and strenghs you should be able to get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: