Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 12:00 AM

50 posts, read 204,458 times

Advertisements

There you are! I knew someone ex-ack-ly like you would tune in...
Here's the scene: The northwest tip of the States gets gruesomely gray 'n' cold; Seattle's just whining when it comes to that. Bellingham gets the nasty tailpipe from the Arctic through the Fraser River plain spillway which dumps onto Whatcom County. The Pineapple Express frequently drenches us; thanks, Trade Winds. Alaska always sends its "leftover from the garage sale weather" to us. Many a cherry petal has been felled by hail in April, even May.
Old bones crave a wee bit o' warmth; just no ice, if you please, dontcha know? It would be nice just bobbin' about in a houseboat, or a converted trawler perhaps, or maybe even a venerable ol' Chris Craft with a broad beam.
I'd like to be able to go onshore and not be confronted by gangstas or trafficantes. Good, potable water and shore service, like at Korth's Pirates' Cove, perhaps?
I'd like to have a runabout to run to the City, too. A local cannabis pharmacy for truly legitimate reasons would be in order, and local markets nearby. So, is Isleton good? Pittsburgh? I'd have access to military facilities, as well, being a %100 disabled Veteran. Marinas up by a military base would be probably good, no?
I'd like to be around people who "get" metaphysical poetry which embraces the emerging concept of Consciousness/Matter as a working model of Physics. If one denies there is a fifth dimension, apparently one simply hasn't perceived the concept, yet. It will happen eventually; unfortunately, usually at the event of physical death. Sad. Unneccessary, as well.
I am, as are you, complex in my simplicity, simply complex. Appreciating the dynamic balance of Yin/Yang from below the quantum micro to macrocosmic is the most balancing operating principle one can rely upon, truly.
So, in sum, this is a quick essay in search of a seeker/responder. The Universe convolutes and unfolds in mysterious ways, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 12:08 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,083,238 times
There are houseboats in Sausalito but they are pretty expensive. And it gets cold here any time of year, especially at night because the air is so dry. It's been cold and rainy all day which is a bit unusual this time of year.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:54 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,163,263 times
easy.. have fun. a slip in san rafael is $675 a mo..

1964 Vintage Hunter Liveaboard (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/2407749273.html - broken link)

Old 05-29-2011, 12:19 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,319,080 times
You might think about the marinas in Redwood City. The Palo Alto VA is close by.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:15 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,281,316 times
A buddy of mine lives on his boat in South City, close enough to it all, but still a bit isolated. Youd probably need a car. They are in the process of putting a ferry terminal in, so it could become a lot busier. Also, Genetech is right next to the marina, so, there is the possibility that it could someday be referred to as "ground zero" for the zombie apocalypse.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:47 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,850,084 times
They're rebuilding the old marina in Alviso, for what it's worth.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:21 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Lemme see here. Several locations in Hawaii, Bahia de Banderas, San Diego, Sacramento Delta, San Francisco - boats, houseboats, runabouts, Chris Crafts, trawlers, even Winnebagos, and all that since 2007. If you ain't landed in four years my guess is that you'll simply continue to fly high - pun intended!

But since it's Memorial Day, thank you for your service.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:59 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,872,840 times

YouTube - ‪I'm On A Boat (Explicit Version)‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland