Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 08:25 AM

3 posts, read 3,969 times

Advertisements

Guys I’m planning to shift to San Francisco from India and need help is finding a accommodation on rent there (since I’ll b traveling with my fly i.e. my wife and my 3yr old son) I’ll b working in Brisbane area but would prefer safe apartments with active Indian community don’t mind anywhere in bay area…anyone having any info kindly help pls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,077,874 times
This has been asked and answered here quite a bit. I think the most convenient town with a lot of Indians will be Sunnyvale, it will be a long drive every day though and it's not a cheap place to live.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:12 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,993,088 times
There are a lot of Indians all over the Bay Area on the peninsula- Mountain View, Cupertino, Palo Alto, etc. Wish I could refer you to some actual active Indian communities I know of, but I think you will find them easily. The tech companies do a lot of hiring of Indians.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:22 AM

thanks fr the info guys have like i said in my post I'll be working in Brisbane and so on second thoughts would prefer areas close by (i'll be driving thr and have heard that the traffic is bad ) i think Sunnyvale is little further off.....i'm looking out for a one bedroom apt within $1500 -$2000 range will i get indian communities living close to brisbane area?? to whatever little research i have done what abt fostercity or apts around san mateo bridge if i choose to stay towards east bay(hayward area)??even though i've heard that its not a safe place to stay i'll have my fly with me.....what abt san mateo?? area will i get indian community there which are the safe places to stay on this side of the bay? guys what abt places like oakland and almeda???. i have heard oakland has a lot of indian restaurants and theaters but i'm not sure of almeda are these two palces safe and good??? i know too may questions but guys pls. help as i need to shortlist apartmnets soon

Old 03-31-2012, 10:04 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
There are so many Indian professional groups available so you can always join one. A friend of mine started one in SF. More Indians live in the South Bay than other parts of the Bay Area, but there are Indians everywhere. Oakland has a fair number of Indian restaurants, but not a "central" place for Indians. Fremont has a HUGE population of Indians. Dublin's Indian population is growing a lot. Danville has a lot of younger Indian families. Hayward has a big Indian population from Fiji.

Live close to work and join a networking association or meetup group.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 AM

hay...... that's a gr8 idea of living close to wrk and joining a networking association. On that note what about areas like Foster city......on map it shows that it is about 20 mins from Brisbane and there are Indians there too and its quite a safe area. Can anyone suggest good and safe apartments in that area??.....according to maps places like Dublin and Danville and fremont even though have a huge indian population will take about 45mins to 1hr till Brisbane.and i feel Foster city is centrally located for Brisbane and fremont... what say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland