Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,235 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone -

does anyone know if there are places for rent in e. Palo alto or e. Menlo park with this much rent? I would like a big apartment or a big house for 5 of us. We all work in palo alto so somewhere here would be great.

Apartment = 2 rooms / 2 bathrooms = rent $1000 or less
house = 4 rooms / 2 bathrooms = rent $1500

does anyone know of anyting or know of anyone?

I can go between mt. View and belmont to live... Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 09:46 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,993,607 times
Are you at all familiar of this area?

Old 03-18-2012, 11:44 AM

802 posts, read 2,266,042 times
I doubt that you could find a place in Palo Alto of your desired size if you doubled your budget. Most 4BR SFH would be at least $4K/month in Palo Alto.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:54 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,730,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenevievie View Post
Hello everyone -

does anyone know if there are places for rent in e. Palo alto or e. Menlo park . . . I can go between mt. View and belmont to live... Thanks.
You don't want to live in East Palo Alto or East Menlo Park. Both Palo Alto and Menlo Park (NOT east) are high rent areas. Suggest you look between Mtn View and Belmont, but even then you won't find a 2/2 apt for $1000.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:34 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,044,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwstrnkid View Post
I doubt that you could find a place in Palo Alto of your desired size if you doubled your budget. Most 4BR SFH would be at least $4K/month in Palo Alto.
The OP said East Palo Alto, which is a separate city. East Menlo Park is just the crappy eastern edge of Menlo Park and borders East Palo Alto. I'm not familiar with rental prices in this specific area, but imagine that there are plenty of deals to be found....because it's a crappy area!

OP, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the area. Palo Alto and most of Menlo Park= very nice. East Palo Alto (again, separate city) and the eastern part of Menlo Park are undesireable areas for many reasons, crime/safety being the number one reason.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:54 PM

197 posts, read 667,841 times
E Palo Alto (separate city) & E Menlo Park (lower income section of Menlo Park) are as cheap as it gets in that area but the prices you're looking for are below current market rates. Rents have shot up the last year or so since former homeowners are now renters. As already mentioned, those areas are also higher crime areas and that's why they are cheaper.

Check Craiglist for listings so you can get an idea of pricing. Those prices are even on the lower side for the East Bay, much less what you can expect to pay in Silicon Valley/Peninsula.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,235 times
Thank u so much everyone ! u r all too great - thanks for the vote of confidence and 411... well i went out and looked around.. I have been looking at craigslist and went out to see these places - and have seen 10 places/houses and apartments. Let me say th is - there r plenty in east palo alto and east menlo park and its not bad at all - from $900 studio to $2500 1/2bedrooms even a house w/ 2 baths and 4 rooms for $1600. So its there just have to go and look at it - and East PA and East MP by the way has mostly Stanford and Silicon Valley dot.com people buying it up and LIVING there so its not a dumb and a amazing city and my God i am happy that this town is here small enough and just between SJ and SF so its GREAT... so I say just take urself out and look for it...its there if u look hard enough. THANKS! found a super beautiful aprtment for 2 in a new apartment that the owner who has lived in EPA for over 50 yrs has built on a half acre....beautiful property, well kept, well managed, has watch dog and a camera and a locked and just a lovely street 1 block away from our jobs. it is amazingly beautiful and for 2 bedrms and 1.5bath for $1400 a real GEM. so we looked at it twice and he loved us and said we can have it - the first day he put it on the market he had over 14 calls and but only 2 people showed up to look at it and it is just beautiful. we also saw a dilapitated fixer up house it is ugly outside but a nice home inside but it looks horribel from outside like a dumpster but a 4 bedrm - 2bath home for $1600 rent so its there folks.. .dont knock it.
Thanks be good and keep smiling - pls keep in touch!

Old 04-01-2012, 07:50 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,699,917 times
Have you been to EPA at night?

Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,044,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenevievie View Post
Thank u so much everyone ! u r all too great - thanks for the vote of confidence and 411... well i went out and looked around.. I have been looking at craigslist and went out to see these places - and have seen 10 places/houses and apartments. Let me say th is - there r plenty in east palo alto and east menlo park and its not bad at all - from $900 studio to $2500 1/2bedrooms even a house w/ 2 baths and 4 rooms for $1600. So its there just have to go and look at it - and East PA and East MP by the way has mostly Stanford and Silicon Valley dot.com people buying it up and LIVING there so its not a dumb and a amazing city and my God i am happy that this town is here small enough and just between SJ and SF so its GREAT... so I say just take urself out and look for it...its there if u look hard enough. THANKS! found a super beautiful aprtment for 2 in a new apartment that the owner who has lived in EPA for over 50 yrs has built on a half acre....beautiful property, well kept, well managed, has watch dog and a camera and a locked and just a lovely street 1 block away from our jobs. it is amazingly beautiful and for 2 bedrms and 1.5bath for $1400 a real GEM. so we looked at it twice and he loved us and said we can have it - the first day he put it on the market he had over 14 calls and but only 2 people showed up to look at it and it is just beautiful. we also saw a dilapitated fixer up house it is ugly outside but a nice home inside but it looks horribel from outside like a dumpster but a 4 bedrm - 2bath home for $1600 rent so its there folks.. .dont knock it.
Thanks be good and keep smiling - pls keep in touch!
Best of luck. Get a large dog and buy a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland