Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,012,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
And yet 13 pages ago you said you wouldn't trust a single figure out out of the OPD (which the Oakland Gang Intelligence Unit is a part of) over a figure scribbled on a napkin? Talk about flip flopping.

And once again, 10,000 has already been verified as the number for Alameda County by one of your own sources you misinterpreted. Speaking of agendas...
You do know you can trust an individual, but not the organization right? That's the entire point of a whistle blower. So your point doesn't make much sense if you're trying to catch me in some sort of "ah ha" moment.

Like with WorldCom, I TRUSTED Cynthia Cooper's testimony that WorldCom was cooking their books, but I distrusted WorldCom's financial data to investors (which is why I never invested in that bubble company).

This is the same with Oakland. I trust the head of Oakland's Gang Intelligence Department, but I distrust the Oakland PD's 858 figure taken from a database that has been called unreliable for such reporting by its own administrators.

Going by his figures, Oakland has a huge gang problem, and more gang members than L.A per capita. If you can find a more reliable source. Let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 12:00 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
this thread is reminding me of a guy i met in high school (in the south). Anyway he said he moved from oakland, he was a crip, and he was a black belt. I don't know if this information was supposed to make me impressed or if it was even true. But he did leave an impression on me. I was a sophomore, he was a freshman, and he was 18.

California kicks out the older kids and sends them to continuation school. Sc lets them stay. There were a few 16 year old 8th graders and 20 year old high school students at my school.
lol

Old 12-17-2012, 12:37 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,765,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
You do know you can trust an individual, but not the organization right? That's the entire point of a whistle blower. So your point doesn't make much sense if you're trying to catch me in some sort of "ah ha" moment.

Like with WorldCom, I TRUSTED Cynthia Cooper's testimony that WorldCom was cooking their books, but I distrusted WorldCom's financial data to investors (which is why I never invested in that bubble company).

This is the same with Oakland. I trust the head of Oakland's Gang Intelligence Department, but I distrust the Oakland PD's 858 figure taken from a database that has been called unreliable for such reporting by its own administrators.

Going by his figures, Oakland has a huge gang problem, and more gang members than L.A per capita. If you can find a more reliable source. Let me know.

LOL, all of this back and forth flip-flopping and damage control because you refuse to acknowledge that Los Angeles has a much worse gang problem than Oakland? Wow. Your agenda in this debate is really painfully obvious.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:40 PM

Can't acknowledge something that isn't true. Like I said, find a better source than I did, and perhaps your point will rise to the top. But as it is now, the stats show that Los Angeles isn't worse off as you tried to paint.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:48 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
LOL, all of this back and forth flip-flopping and damage control because you refuse to acknowledge that Los Angeles has a much worse gang problem than Oakland? Wow.
Yes, and it isnt even close. Los Angeles' history and present situation with gangs far outsizes anything Oakland has as far as gangs.

In fact, LA-OC has 83,000 gang members vs 858 in Oakland.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 AM

3 posts, read 7,478 times
Quote:
The fact of the matter is that Oakland does not have black gangs and Los Angeles does, point blank period.

that's not what seagram said. he was an O.G. i think i trust his opinion more than yours, no offense.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfasciana View Post

that's not what seagram said. he was an O.G. i think i trust his opinion more than yours, no offense.

But maybe that's not "gangsta rap", it's "turf crew rap", so it makes it all better.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:21 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post

But maybe that's not "gangsta rap", it's "turf crew rap", so it makes it all better.
I'll take your word for it, with all your many years of living in Oakland.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'll take your word for it, with all your many years of living in Oakland.
You don't have to take my word for it. You have an "OG" spelling it out for you right there Mr. Ohio.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:55 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,765,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfasciana View Post

... No offense but if you have any idea who Felix Mitchell is and where Seagram is from you'd know how much of an out-of-towner you sound like right now.

Last edited by Nineties Flava; 12-18-2012 at 01:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland