Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 02:24 PM

69 posts, read 155,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorjpj1 View Post
So in other words, you know nothing? and if you did you wouldnt tell me? And you're just trying to keep yet another homeless guy(whos already homeless no matter where I go) from at least enjoying the NICE climate I long for? Now who's being a troll?
If not trolling...if you can't wrap your head around why people wouldn't want MORE homeless people in their city, then it's no surprise that you are homeless.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:35 PM

141 posts, read 206,073 times
A quick search turned up this: San Francisco Homeless Resource

It's a pretty comprehensive list of service providers in the SF area.

I used to spend a lot of time in SF and met a number of homeless men who moved there from the northeast for the winter, then went back for the summer. A kind of homeless snowbird, I guess.

If I ever found myself homeless in the future, I'd probably head to SF too.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:36 PM

78 posts, read 86,266 times
Nice attitudes people.. Guess Ill just ask my homeless compadres when I get there... Since ill get no help on this board!! By the way, Ive already been through MN, in fact, san fran is probably the LAST place on my list of places to try in the USA!! Ive literally been everywhere else(except for boston, have zero desire to see that, and hawaii, too far too swim, and of course alaska, since I was BORN in snow and cold, I can't take it).. So its downtown SF, or no where, since I have no where really to go that I haven't seen here.. What about supermarkets? Looking for BIG ones(not yuppie trader joes)! Smiths, albertsons, food 4 less, etc.. Any big ones downtown somewhere? Since Im living on food stamps, I need to eat CHEAP when I get there...

Old 07-12-2014, 02:36 PM

371 posts, read 455,214 times
If troll: Screw off.

If not troll: Dude seriously? If you have a chance to get a job (and trust me, here in the Bay Area it's not hard with a low income to live, perhaps not in SF) then do it. Don't crowd the already dense streets of San Francisco to be yet another illusion that San Francisco has some serious homeless issue when in reality, homeless people who don't want to get a job decide to move here.

People will cite you and others like you as a reason why we should spend more money on homeless facilities with absolutely no results because people like you have no intention of actually escaping the homeless lifestyle. It's agitating, both to city residence, tourists, and homeless people with intentions to actually get somewhere. You're coming to a city and taking advantage of its generous public funding.

Anyways on a lighter note, go be homeless in the Haight, like seriously, we don't need more homeless to step over after work to get to the Market Street subway. And PLEASE don't come to Downtown Berkeley.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:43 PM

Haha, dont worry, I NEVER sleep on sidewalks, so youd never have to step over me!! I only sleep in hidden places most cant get to!!! Id be one of the "invisible" homeless, always clean, ok clothes, shaved, and I dont panhandle!! Never have, never will!!

Old 07-12-2014, 03:30 PM

629 posts, read 620,867 times
Great thread

Old 07-12-2014, 03:51 PM

Ok alliance.. Im GLAD that basic questions about my bare survival is so entertaining to you!! Im glad I made your day!! Im sure san fran can handle at least 1 more homeless bum right?

Old 07-12-2014, 03:56 PM

6,418 posts, read 8,292,105 times
Please don't call it 'San Fran'!

Old 07-12-2014, 04:09 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,913,140 times
So the homeless have access to the internet nowadays? You're in New Orleans huh? Use that money from the internet cafe to buy some poboys or muffalettas at Central Grocery. Or buy a hamburger at McD's and sit in A/C if you need to cool off. SF would be good climate wise in the summer, the winter gets quite a bit of rain though, not sure if you'd like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland