Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 09:20 PM

13,933 posts, read 8,110,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorjpj1 View Post
Im homeless in New Orleans, got a prepaid ticket to SF, cause I cant take extremes of heat OR cold(it gets HOT here, too much, I change my shirt twice a day) ..
Is SF really a good place to be homeless? Theres almost NO homeless services or meals here in new orleans, and I LOVE the temps in SF(i check daily online, 65 in summer!!).. Since im homeless ANYWAY, and no income to make rent anywhere Id like to be comfortable at least if Im sleeping outside!! So, as locals, how are the homeless treated there? Any pertinent info that I need to survive downtown would be appreciated!! Thanks..
Best city in the country for that.

Do whatever you want and unless you get violent the police won.'t hassle you.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:31 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,481,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
you can access the internet from the free computers at the SF public Library at the Civic Center, they have several express PC with a 30 minute time limit
However, I don't think it's open at 6:30am on Sunday -- which happens to be the time stamp of one of the OP's earlier posts.

Further proof -- as if any were needed -- that the OP is having us on.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:38 PM

19,254 posts, read 16,773,190 times
I didn't know homeless people had internet service. Of course, they could use the public library but since the OP is making posts at 4 in the morning, I doubt that's the case. Nice run on a bogus thread, though.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:09 PM

555 posts, read 804,681 times
pch1013 & HereonMars:

You never know---here a few years ago, they found a colony of bums living in a disused utility vault under the University of Washington Library. They have to be doing something at night when they aren't drunk.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:13 AM

100 posts, read 227,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk4440 View Post
pch1013 & HereonMars:

You never know---here a few years ago, they found a colony of bums living in a disused utility vault under the University of Washington Library. They have to be doing something at night when they aren't drunk.
About 15-20 years ago they found the ceiling tiles damaged in the Santa Cruz library, after investigating they found a bunch of missing stuff in the ceiling TV, VCR, books along with food and personal items. Someone was sleeping up there all day then when the library closed they would get up and go about life.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:28 AM

78 posts, read 86,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high density View Post
just die already i don't give a f*** about you
Dont worry it goes BOTH ways buddy!! If you EVER end up homeless, I hope you get people with the same attitude!! You'd deserve it!!

Old 07-15-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
However, I don't think it's open at 6:30am on Sunday -- which happens to be the time stamp of one of the OP's earlier posts.

Further proof -- as if any were needed -- that the OP is having us on.
Are you REALLY that unintelligent? ALL burger kings, Mcds,GREYHOUNDS(they are usually 24 hours) and MOST coffee shops open up around 530-6am..And they always have wifi, And im usually in one of those spots RIGHT when they open!! So who's having who on? How is it so hard to believe that a bum has access to the internet at all times? And personally, no matter what city im currently in in america, I make it a point to find every free internet signal downtown in my first week!!!

Old 07-15-2014, 08:34 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,481,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorjpj1 View Post
Are you REALLY that unintelligent? ALL burger kings, Mcds,GREYHOUNDS(they are usually 24 hours) and MOST coffee shops open up around 530-6am..And they always have wifi, And im usually in one of those spots RIGHT when they open!! So who's having who on? How is it so hard to believe that a bum has access to the internet at all times? And personally, no matter what city im currently in in america, I make it a point to find every free internet signal downtown in my first week!!!
So you have a computer (or at least a smartphone).

I see.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
professorjpg1

how did you get the money for a one way prepaid ticket to San Francisco? was it a gift?

Im curious, where do you keep your money or important papers / documents, ID, etc? do you carry everything you own all the time, no bank account, no help from relatives since you said you have none

how do you keep clean? you must have very poor dental hygiene from living over half your life on the streets? your teeth must be in terrible condition if you still have any left?

go ahead and make the trip to SF if you like, being homeless is not a crime in SF

Im not sure how the food stamp program works? but lots of homeless eat at the St Anthony's dining hall in the Tenderloin

make sure to take a shower and get cleaned up before your flight to SF
And ill answer your questions bolo cause you seem to be genuinely curious... I didn't buy a ticket, someone else did for me.. As far as "important" documents go, the only ones I have are 2 state ids, ss card, birth certificate.. And those I keep in my pocket 24 hours a day... I usually find a storage locker or TINY storage unit so I dont have to carry my bag ALL the time.. Usually for anywhere between 25-35 a month(tiny, like I said)
I have all my teeth, brush daily, so thats not an issue.. Since I dont drink at ALL,you would never see me passed out drunk!! In fact, I never LOOK homeless, I try to blend in as much as possible.. MOST cities have shower facilities for the homeless, laundry facilities, etc.. But A LOT of bums dont bother, since they dont care what they look like.. I always have clean hair, shaved smooth face, clean clothes, etc... I carry 1 small bag with my laptop and tablet, so I can get on the internet 24 hours a day if I find a signal...
Luckily I always have foodstamps wherever I go(got about 300 in stamps right now).. And no, I dont believe in "selling" them, I need them to eat!! Thats why I asked about BIG grocery stores and supermarkets downtown.. I eat CHEAP, but only if its a big chain type store(no trader joes thank you, their prices are sky high for anything).. Safeway might be my best bet.. I need walking distance and cheap!! So I hope ive answered sufficiently you you know Im NOT a troll! Just a homeless guy trying to get info for my future survival when I arrive!!!

Old 07-15-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So you have a computer (or at least a smartphone).

I see.
Of course!! Most bums that have INTELLIGENCE have at least a laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc... I think all you have in mind when you think of homeless are the idiot worthless dirty drunks you see passed out on sidewalks!! I happen to be one of the homeless you dont see(try to blend in).. I never panhandle, and never will, and always look clean... THOSE bums exist too, but its the dirty drunk ones you always see!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland