Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 12:07 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,319,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Get some aspirations in life besides living off handouts. You probably need serious counseling as well.
You don't know this guy's story or anything about the circumstances that led to his being homeless, yet you have no qualms degrading him based off whatever assumptions you have towards the homeless in general.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
So the homeless have access to the internet nowadays? You're in New Orleans huh? Use that money from the internet cafe to buy some poboys or muffalettas at Central Grocery. Or buy a hamburger at McD's and sit in A/C if you need to cool off. SF would be good climate wise in the summer, the winter gets quite a bit of rain though, not sure if you'd like that.
The homeless have access to free things like Internet, yes. Libraries offer free Internet, and if a homeless person has a laptop, then he/she can get free Wi-Fi at most places. Why the snide question about a homeless guy having Internet?

Old 07-16-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I agree. Go to LA and be homeless there. It has a lot more homeless people overall, and it's near the beach.
San Francisco is by the beach as well. And LA is giant relative to SF, so it likely does have more homeless overall. But the homeless are more visible in SF since SF is so small.

I say go to San Fran. The weather is better than most of So.Cal.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
You're not without vices. You admit to stealing. As a homeless criminal, you are hardly one of a kind.
Holier-than-thou........If I were homeless, I'd probably be forced to become a non-fare paying criminal as well. Public Enemy Number One -- he tries to ride the train/subway for free!! OMG!!! Lock him up with the rapists, murderers, and terrorists.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:57 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,282,608 times
SF is pretty compact and highly walkable. No excuse not to pay fares unless you're just too lazy to walk. Given your attitude, it totally makes sense why you don't understand the logic behind this.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Earlier you said you "hadn't worked in 7 years," thus implying that you were working before that.

Are you handicapped? You haven't mentioned that before. If that's the case, then there are all sorts of programs available to help you find work and housing.

That's because you spend so much time and energy on C-D instead of actually trying to acquire useful skills.
Lol. So much time and energy on CD? Out of a 24-hr. day, how much time is OP posting on CD? And he's online doing research -- so that, to me, qualifies as time well spent. Knowledge is power!

Old 07-16-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, we know you've watched Alice's Restaurant. What other stories ya got? Or is that it? You gave up at 17? Or is that your current age? Speak up, kid, I can't hear ya. Or are you too busy scouring youtube for more stories?
He thanks you for your insightful response, Judge Judy!

Old 07-16-2014, 01:19 PM

78 posts, read 86,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
SF is pretty compact and highly walkable. No excuse not to pay fares unless you're just too lazy to walk. Given your attitude, it totally makes sense why you don't understand the logic behind this.
Really? What if you had 2 inch blisters on your feet? And literally every step you took was agony? And you had about 10 cents in your pocket with no way of making ANY money except through begging? And you cant work a day labor job (if you could find one) because you have no place to put down your bags without them getting stolen? Or not possessing work boots that are mandatory for those jobs cause you have nothing to buy them with? Unless you,ve actually BEEN homeless, and
helpless to get out of the situation, as many of us are, you cannot understand what its like, not even remotely!

Old 07-16-2014, 01:19 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,282,608 times
"Online research" to figure out the best way to be homeless in SF. Like I said earlier, the OP is at least intelligent enough to find out information, why not, umm, use that same intellectual process to either get an education or find a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorjpj1 View Post
Really? What if you had 2 inch blisters on your feet? And literally every step you took was agony? And you had about 10 cents in your pocket with no way of making ANY money except through begging? And you cant work a day labor job (if you could find one) because you have no place to put down your bags without them getting stolen? Or not possessing work boots that are mandatory for those jobs cause you have nothing to buy them with? Unless you,ve actually BEEN homeless, and
helpless to get out of the situation, as many of us are, you cannot understand what its like, not even remotely!
You know absolutely nothing about my life, where I've been, and what I've had to endure. I can tell you this though: whenever I've been close to rock bottom, it's been a nasty combo of bad luck, coupled with poor choices I made. In the end, I figured out that you can only blame others for your lot in life for so long, and then it's up to YOU to make things better. I'm not completely heartless and I'm well aware that sometimes things happen that leave people UNABLE to work or take care of themselves. The OP is simply UNWILLING to work towards improving his/her life. Huge difference. I sincerely hope that the OP gets arrested if he/she is caught stealing or skipping out on fares for MUNI, but he/she will probably blame everyone else for things being 'unfair' and continue leeching off the rest of everyone while feeling like a victim. The OP actually LIKES being homeless apparently, which is absolutely appalling.

Last edited by 04kL4nD; 07-16-2014 at 01:27 PM..

Old 07-16-2014, 01:21 PM

78 posts, read 86,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
He thanks you for your insightful response, Judge Judy!
Anthony, your a good soul. Nice to see theres at least 1 open mind on this board!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland