Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 01:29 PM

371 posts, read 454,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorjpj1 View Post
Haha, dont worry, I NEVER sleep on sidewalks, so youd never have to step over me!! I only sleep in hidden places most cant get to!!! Id be one of the "invisible" homeless, always clean, ok clothes, shaved, and I dont panhandle!! Never have, never will!!
You know, I was being a little mean. In all honesty, SF I imagine for your weather concerns would be the best, but it gets cold. Not very hot. Sunny, but not hot. If you like temperatures between 45 at night, to 75 during the day, then it should be fine.

If you're someone that's not obstructing or not causing issues, then by all means I guess.....you should really go live in the Haight. Like it's the designated zone for the foreign homeless.

Please don't be jerking my chain.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:58 PM

78 posts, read 86,149 times
Im not "jerking anyones chain"! Just trying to survive... And as far as "working", show me a company that knowingly hires the homeless and ill show you a bridge to buy!! Generally once someone is homeless for a while they will be homeless for LIFE!! I speak from experience AND observation( i meet a LOT of homeless).. There ARE no legitimate opportunities for the truly helpless poor people in this country.. And dont give me that bull about showing examples... There are exceptions to every rule, but that does not make that rule any less valid! Yes, I "could" win the lottery if I played it everyday, but can it really happen? No, I think not!
Yes, I would work if I could get a job that would pay me enough to get off the streets, but I cannot even get hired at a min wage job ANYWHERE!! Believe me, Ive tried.. In fact, I haven't worked in 7 years now!! Im just trying to live out my final years in relative comfort(compared to the overheated hellholes Ive tried recently, las vegas and new orleans being the last 2).. Is that so much to ask? To be by an ocean in the heart of a major downtown? Otherwise Im done with the struggle.. Its hard to actually take part in a race if you have no feet!! Thats the equivalent of my situation..

Old 07-13-2014, 02:05 PM

629 posts, read 619,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
You understand that the OP is jerking our chains right?

Yep, last post basically confirmed it. My apologies for giving serious responses.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
Yep, last post basically confirmed it. My apologies for giving serious responses.
Talk about close minded! Wow! I guess since my situation is soo outrageous that you dont believe im real, Im kinda flattered.. That means my situation is actually unique!! Of course, even among my fellow homeless bums, I am considered an "oddity".. So In a way Im not surprised that some of you think Im making this up as well!! Hell must be freezing over right? Imagine: A homeless guy who is very computer literate, articulate, without vices whatsoever, with a high IQ, good looks, and cannot find work!! I guess I truly am 1 of a kind!! Impossible right? haha

Old 07-13-2014, 02:45 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
So in other words, you know nothing? and if you did you wouldnt tell me? And you're just trying to keep yet another homeless guy(whos already homeless no matter where I go) from at least enjoying the NICE climate I long for? Now who's being a troll?
SF has fog almost year round. It's dampness is cold and penetrating. It may sound good to you, living in a swamp where you are now, but a lot of people hate it. Think about it; the daytime temps may seem ok (once the fog burns off and the sun comes out), but after 4 or 5 pm it's a different scene. And nighttime temps can feel like winter. And that's talking about summer! Winter it gets below freezing for a few months.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:02 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,135,780 times
Quote:
Talk about close minded! Wow! I guess since my situation is soo outrageous that you dont believe im real, Im kinda flattered.. That means my situation is actually unique!! Of course, even among my fellow homeless bums, I am considered an "oddity".. So In a way Im not surprised that some of you think Im making this up as well!! Hell must be freezing over right? Imagine: A homeless guy who is very computer literate, articulate, without vices whatsoever, with a high IQ, good looks, and cannot find work!! I guess I truly am 1 of a kind!! Impossible right? haha
You're not without vices. You admit to stealing. As a homeless criminal, you are hardly one of a kind.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
You're not without vices. You admit to stealing. As a homeless criminal, you are hardly one of a kind.
HAHA! Just Love your attitude!! No wonder there are so many desperate homeless people walking around.. Because of common prevalent attitudes such as yours!! Anyone doing anything to survive, even if its completely benign and borderline "illegal", we're still "criminals"!! Yeah, throw us in with bank robbers, muggers, murderers, etc.. Im sure we are all equally "criminal" right?
I hope someday you'll be in a position to see things from the perspective of a poor helpless person, with no real options... Walking everywhere with 2 inch blisters on your feet because you dont have the outrageous fees to ride on public transportation that should be free in the 1st place!! But as fate would have it, people like you never are!! So yeah, I'm the criminal, and YOU'RE the troll!!

Old 07-13-2014, 04:30 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,135,780 times
Quote:
HAHA! Just Love your attitude!! No wonder there are so many desperate homeless people walking around.. Because of common prevalent attitudes such as yours!! Anyone doing anything to survive, even if its completely benign and borderline "illegal", we're still "criminals"!! Yeah, throw us in with bank robbers, muggers, murderers, etc.. Im sure we are all equally "criminal" right?
I hope someday you'll be in a position to see things from the perspective of a poor helpless person, with no real options... Walking everywhere with 2 inch blisters on your feet because you dont have the outrageous fees to ride on public transportation that should be free in the 1st place!! But as fate would have it, people like you never are!! So yeah, I'm the criminal, and YOU'RE the troll!!
I'll indulge your little troll fest, because it's entertaining and the Giants game seems safely in hand now.

How is my attitude contributing to the homeless population? I didn't say anything about "throwing you in jail". I said you shouldn't delude yourself into thinking that you are not a criminal and "without vices". There's nothing "borderline illegal" about abusing the honor system.

In fact, by definition, in doing so, you are claiming that you have no honor. Thus, you don't understand the significance of stealing from the people whose taxes and fares pay for that transportation service. If this is the case, why not steal other things? If you're hungry, why not steal an apple off a fruit stand? Seems fairly benign, right? Why not steal shoes if your feet are so blistered?

You seem to draw a line at panhandling on some moral ground. Why? I have no problem with panhandlers. They aren't stealing from anyone. Yes, I think if you don't have money to pay for the bus, you should walk like everyone else, unless you can provide a better argument than "public transportation should be free in the first place."

Old 07-13-2014, 04:43 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
Im homeless in New Orleans, got a prepaid ticket to SF, cause I cant take extremes of heat OR cold(it gets HOT here, too much, I change my shirt twice a day) ..
Is SF really a good place to be homeless? Theres almost NO homeless services or meals here in new orleans, and I LOVE the temps in SF(i check daily online, 65 in summer!!).. Since im homeless ANYWAY, and no income to make rent anywhere Id like to be comfortable at least if Im sleeping outside!! So, as locals, how are the homeless treated there? Any pertinent info that I need to survive downtown would be appreciated!! Thanks..
It gets very cold in the winter. We do have some severe cold snaps, so looking at average temps can be meaningless.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:48 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times
Quote:
You don't seem that poor/helpless to me. You just bought a one way ticket to the most expensive city in the country with the hopes of getting a free ride (quite literally, I might add). Obviously you've got enough intelligence to figure out that it's POSSIBLE to be a total leech/drain on society in an another city with cooler weather. Why don't you use your brain and get a job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland