Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 10:16 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,769,139 times

Advertisements

One of my best friend is Cambodian. I often came to his house in North Philly and mingle with Khmei-s community there. So I know their struggles. OP, if you are not a troll, I don't understand how you cannot find a job for 7 years.

A good example will be my friend's parents.
His parents and most of these people came to this country with NOTHING. They escaped the Khmer Rouge regime. They came to this country with asylums. They did not speak ANY English. They had no skills. His mother (which I love dearly) is handicapped. (One of her foot is much shorter than the other). She walks VERY SLOW.
And you know how sometimes non-white especially immigrants are treated in this country.

BUT;
Do you know what they did? They woke up 3 o clock in the morning (they slept in a local church). A truck then picked them up and sent them to Jersey to pick berries. They came home at 5 pm everyday (Mon to Sat). And then his dad would work his second shift do odd jobs, while in the same time learning English from a handover tape recorder / walkman he had. His mom would do the same while doing seamstress job.
They have 4 kids.

Now 30 years later, they have a house, they have an old Toyota Corolla to drive and they speak English. And their kids are all successful. They are US citizens now.

Sir, you do not have any excuse to be homeless. From your posts, (again if you are not a troll), you sound intelligent. OK use your time to research potential living situation in SF. Good. But how about the rest of the time? What do you do? Do something to better yourself. How about odd jobs?
Since you are very good in writing, how about trying to use it for your advantage? Creative writing perhaps?

Last edited by asiandudeyo; 07-17-2014 at 10:48 AM..

Old 07-17-2014, 10:24 AM

78 posts, read 86,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk4440 View Post
Sayulita:
Well, according to Professor PJ, it only took him 3 hours to realize that Seattle sucked. I don't know how he got in and out of town so fast; but if a guy is such a loser that he can't succeed at being a bum in Portland or Seattle---I don't know what to say. Once most bums get to either town, they never leave!
Haha, I happen to be a resourceful bum! Thats all! Portland sucked cause I hate yuppies and hipsters! Its a 2 class town. And seattles prices were almost double from the other places ive been through! They also have the worst and rudest mcds in all the cities I've ever been to! It was another hellhole. However it did have some unique architecture downtown, and one of the strangest libraries ive ever seen! But both Portland and Seattle both get hot in the summer! And im done dealing with the heat! From the online weather research I've done san Francisco doesn't get hot, and no snow, probably the ideal climate weatherwise for someone with a low tolerance for the heat such as myself! Also rain and fog are two of my favorite weather types. So here I come! And for all you naysayers, you already have so many bums there, whats one more right?
Also as much traveling as i do, why would you even doubt my homeless status? I can tell you about almost any city in America from a homeless point of view! Chances are, if you name it, ive either lived there, or spent time there!

Old 07-17-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
One of my best friend is Cambodian. I often came to his house in North Philly and mingle with Khmei-s community there. So I know their struggles. OP, if you are not a troll, I don't understand how you cannot find a job for 7 years.

A good example will be my friend's parents.
His parents and most of these people came to this country with NOTHING. They escaped the Khmer Rouge regime. They came to this country with asylums. They did not speak ANY English. They had no skills. His mother (which I love dearly) is handicapped. (One of her foot is much shorter than the other). She walks VERY SLOW.
And you know how sometimes non-white especially immigrants are treated in this country.

BUT;
Do you know what they did? They woke up 3 o clock in the morning (they slept in a local church). A truck then picked them up and sent them to Jersey to pick berries. They came home at 5 pm everyday (Mon to Sat). And then his dad would work his second shift do odd jobs, while in the same time learning English from a handover tape recorder / walkman he had. His mom would do the same while doing seamstress job.
They have 4 kids.

Now 30 years later, they have a house, they have an old Toyota Corolla to drive and they speak English. And their kids are all successful.

Sir, you do not have any excuse to be homeless. From your posts, (again if you are not a troll), you sound intelligent. OK use your time to research potential living situation in SF. Good. But how about the rest of the time? What do you do? Do something to better yourself. How about odd jobs?
Since you are very good in writing, how about trying to use it for your advantage? Creative writing perhaps?
I will reply to explain a practical rule of thumb for me.. there are many homeless ive met, who dont work, not because of addictions, vices or mental issues, but because working the only low paying jobs they might be able to get (if they are lucky enough to get hired, most wont), are always min wage, and always part time. A little bit of money will not help them whatsoever! Cost of living and rents are growing so high now, combined with outrageous qualifications that they will never be able to make in a hundred years. So theres no logic in them working when all they end up with is beer money, or money to eat with, and that it! Maybe its easier for me to see it BECAUSE im in that boat? But try to see it like that and it may change your perspective.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:47 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
*yawn*

Old 07-17-2014, 11:04 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,282,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorjpj1 View Post
I will reply to explain a practical rule of thumb for me.. there are many homeless ive met, who dont work, not because of addictions, vices or mental issues, but because working the only low paying jobs they might be able to get (if they are lucky enough to get hired, most wont), are always min wage, and always part time. A little bit of money will not help them whatsoever! Cost of living and rents are growing so high now, combined with outrageous qualifications that they will never be able to make in a hundred years. So theres no logic in them working when all they end up with is beer money, or money to eat with, and that it! Maybe its easier for me to see it BECAUSE im in that boat? But try to see it like that and it may change your perspective.
you are such an idiot. i take back all the things i said about you having a reasonable level of intelligence- it's just not true.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:12 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,466,947 times
Quote:
I hate yuppies and hipsters! Its a 2 class town. And seattles prices were almost double from the other places ive been through!
All I can say is, LOL.

Coming to SF to escape yuppies, hipsters, and high prices is like going to Las Vegas in July to escape the heat.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
All I can say is, LOL.

Coming to SF to escape yuppies, hipsters, and high prices is like going to Las Vegas in July to escape the heat.
Im sure san fran has those! Most cities do these days, I merely avoid places they go! I much prefer being around my fellow homeless bums, atleast they have legitimate character! Im merely coming there for cooler temps, and hopefully a lot
More services for homeless there.. New Orleans may be the single worst city in America to be poor and homeless in! Theres no real help at all here, and its an outdoor miserable sauna as well! If nothing else, I won't starve or steam there!

Old 07-17-2014, 11:52 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,358,757 times
Quote:
Im sure san fran has those! Most cities do these days, I merely avoid places they go! I much prefer being around my fellow homeless bums, atleast they have legitimate character! Im merely coming there for cooler temps, and hopefully a lot
More services for homeless there.. New Orleans may be the single worst city in America to be poor and homeless in! Theres no real help at all here, and its an outdoor miserable sauna as well! If nothing else, I won't starve or steam there!
So why couldn't you avoid them in Portland and Seattle? You really are just full of excuses and looking for the best places for handouts. You wouldn't work if someone handed you a full time job with benefits.

You have a computer so how did you not know that Las Vegas and New Orleans were hot? And if you are so broke, how do you manage to travel to all the places you said you have been to? You even announce the dates you'll be arriving, so how did you manage to scrape up train or airfare? Even if you hitchhike, nobody rides for free. And how do you eat during this trips? And how do you ensure that you'll get a ride(s) that will get you to your new destination on your designated arrival date. Under previous user names, you claimed to earn money selling some type of CD, but you no longer mention that. Did that business plan fall apart?

Frankly, your story is full of holes.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:11 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,319,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
So why couldn't you avoid them in Portland and Seattle? You really are just full of excuses and looking for the best places for handouts. You wouldn't work if someone handed you a full time job with benefits.

You have a computer so how did you not know that Las Vegas and New Orleans were hot? And if you are so broke, how do you manage to travel to all the places you said you have been to? You even announce the dates you'll be arriving, so how did you manage to scrape up train or airfare? Even if you hitchhike, nobody rides for free. And how do you eat during this trips? And how do you ensure that you'll get a ride(s) that will get you to your new destination on your designated arrival date. Under previous user names, you claimed to earn money selling some type of CD, but you no longer mention that. Did that business plan fall apart?

Frankly, your story is full of holes.
No offense, but you don't know everything about the guy, yet you profess to know everything about him -- his motivations, his reasons for being homeless, his character, etc., based off of a handful of Internet posts he's made.
Maybe he is yanking our chain, and maybe he is simply looking to work the system -- but we don't know that.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:19 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,358,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
No offense, but you don't know everything about the guy, yet you profess to know everything about him -- his motivations, his reasons for being homeless, his character, etc., based off of a handful of Internet posts he's made.
Maybe he is yanking our chain, and maybe he is simply looking to work the system -- but we don't know that.
Just where did I profess to know everything about him? I'm only feeding back to him information that he has posted. If you will refer back to my first post in this thread you will see that he has used many aliases here on CD, all with the same story, same complaints, same sense of entitlement, same excuses. Read through them and you'll know as much as I do.

As Maya Angelou said, "When someone tells you who they are, believe them". He's told us who he is very clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland