Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 11:51 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Sounds like the hotel doesn't want to be held responsible for their guests items.
LOL, yes, that would be the non-paranoid way to look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 10:16 AM

95 posts, read 172,494 times
Yes. In front of my home too! Was pissed the first day or two but had to really move on. What's done is done and no one got harmed which is the important thing. Just chaulk it up as a donation to the greater community and know better next time

Old 12-08-2014, 02:40 PM

238 posts, read 302,614 times
i find if very odd that a city hotel would advise you to leave your valuables in your car..... you paid for a room for 24 hours and nobody should be coming into it to do repairs.... that is done while the room is unoccupied. they should have offered you to check a bag with them inside a locked room to keep items safe.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:49 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comingbacktocali View Post
i find if very odd that a city hotel would advise you to leave your valuables in your car..... you paid for a room for 24 hours and nobody should be coming into it to do repairs.... that is done while the room is unoccupied.
Exactly. This sounds so ridiculous. I would raise holy hell.

Agreed with the last point, too. Usually they'll put it in safe storage if they don't have a safe or you don't trust lockers.

It all sounds so sketchy and unprofessional. I would have found another place. I've stayed in safer run hostels.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:55 PM

569 posts, read 780,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Good to know. If I ever take my car to SF for any reason, I'll leave the car empty. I had no idea.
Rather than leaving the car empty, I'd suggest keeping the tank at least 1/4 full. Otherwise you won't be able to anywhere.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:02 PM

569 posts, read 780,395 times
OP,
Sorry this happened to you. I scanned through the comments quickly so maybe I missed someone already saying this, but here's one more quick note: Assuming you paid for the rental car with a credit card, check with the credit card company. Many have a policy that will cover the cost of your insurance deductible.

Good luck and fingers crossed!

Old 12-08-2014, 05:58 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comingbacktocali View Post
i find if very odd that a city hotel would advise you to leave your valuables in your car..... you paid for a room for 24 hours and nobody should be coming into it to do repairs.... that is done while the room is unoccupied. they should have offered you to check a bag with them inside a locked room to keep items safe.
Yes, it's very odd. The customers paid to have that room for 24 hours (or whatever). What if they wanted to come back to the room during the day, when work was being done on the room? They'd get told they couldn't use their room because workmen were putting in windows. The OP should have asked for a partial refund, because he couldn't use the room for part of the time he'd paid for. Or the hotel should have automatically discounted their stay.

Imagine an elderly couple staying there. They go out for a few hours, then come back to rest and recharge for a later foray around town. But they're turned away from their own room. They're tired. Their feet hurt, if they've been walking. They need some quiet time before venturing out again. But no, their room is out of service for an hour or two. That's unacceptable. Clearly, the hotel didn't want to lose any money by forewarning guests that they were having the windows replaced throughout the hotel during a certain week, so to heck with the guests' needs.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:00 PM

525 posts, read 815,868 times
Your hotel was very unprofessional, run like by pre-schoolers. I noticed also that a few businesses in SF are not run professionally even in places they should have learned.

For instance i stopped by one juice bar in busy downtown. They had different fruits to squize and whey protein, yet when it came to mixing fruit juice with whey protein, the moron used spoon instead of blender so I had large protein gruds in my juice that never dissolved and paid for that $8, more than Jamba Juice.

Another time, i went to a small nightclub and they played music really too loud that I could not even hear ringing in my ears until I left after 1 hour. I can still hear but ended up with a permanent tinnitus. I have been to many music, rock concert venues in this country and this happened to me only once I decided to check nightlife in SF.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:13 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times
You should have complained/not paid for your crappy smoothie, and you should have left after 10 mins, not an hour.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:23 PM

525 posts, read 815,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
You should have complained/not paid for your crappy smoothie, and you should have left after 10 mins, not an hour.
Unfortunately they charge before they make it. Not worth arguing for refund 10 min when you run of time. As for that club, well all are loud but this one was too loud without me realizing it. Wish I knew about musicians earplugs sooner. Now I wear them all the time when I go to a concert or work in a loud environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland