Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 02:04 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
Yes happy screaming! lol It's been a real adjustable for me because originally I was born in a country that has extremely good public transport and didn't need a car for anything. Then when I moved to the US and lived in a few states with limited public transport, it shocked me terribly. Now that I live in San Francisco I am trying to depend less and less on a car and really only use it for my job because I can't carry all my gear on public transport. Though personally I wish I could just get by with having just a bike,motorcycle and use public transport and not have a car at all. I can dream lol

I actually had to look up the meaning of commie pinko lol
I like you, Smurfie. Anyone who's pro-public transit is a friend of mine. (Just don't become a gun nut.) So, now you know what "Commie pinko" means, you've gotten an education.

And, try not to scream. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 03:54 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I like you, Smurfie. Anyone who's pro-public transit is a friend of mine. (Just don't become a gun nut.) So, now you know what "Commie pinko" means, you've gotten an education.

And, try not to scream. lol
Thanks

No more screaming for me lol

Old 02-10-2015, 11:44 PM

106 posts, read 336,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The freeway congestion in the Bay Area is crazy. It's only recently that I've had a car there, I used to always use public transit, so I was blissfully oblivious to the issues. Now I try to avoid the high congestion times. The extreme nature of if kind of freaks me out. I can't imagine having to commute in that.
Bay area traffic is hectic and dense at the best of times. I have driven in a lot of the States to know. I remember dropping off family at KSFO and the interstate was busy at 4am? I thought to myself where are all these people going? However I find the Bay Are pales in comparison to traffic in Toronto! GTA traffic by far is one of the worst in North America! Only New York & maybe La have the upper hand and that is one area you don't want bragging rights to

Old 02-12-2015, 08:57 AM

365 posts, read 780,012 times
People are conditioned to what route they will use to commute. They will sit if traffic when there are alternate routes that they can use -- check your apps. Many a time I've been on 580 west only to see it backed up starting around the 980 interchange. For car poolers, one can simply drop onto 980, then exit near 880, drive a few blocks and hop onto 880 and get into the car pool lane to the bridge. If you stay on 580 and are a car pooler stay out of the left lane, this backs up the worst with cash only fares, drive either of the two lanes to the right until through the maze, then cross back over two lanes to get over to the start of the car pool lane on the left. When exiting the bridge at Fremont St. in SF you don't have to use the exit on the right -- this one often backs up far onto the west span of the bridge. Instead try using the Embarcadero exit on the left side of the bridge, it usually has no backup and also will get you down to Fremont St.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:01 AM

10,534 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay2bay View Post
People are conditioned to what route they will use to commute. They will sit if traffic when there are alternate routes that they can use -- check your apps. Many a time I've been on 580 west only to see it backed up starting around the 980 interchange. For car poolers, one can simply drop onto 980, then exit near 880, drive a few blocks and hop onto 880 and get into the car pool lane to the bridge. If you stay on 580 and are a car pooler stay out of the left lane, this backs up the worst with cash only fares, drive either of the two lanes to the right until through the maze, then cross back over two lanes to get over to the start of the car pool lane on the left. When exiting the bridge at Fremont St. in SF you don't have to use the exit on the right -- this one often backs up far onto the west span of the bridge. Instead try using the Embarcadero exit on the left side of the bridge, it usually has no backup and also will get you down to Fremont St.
Sounds awesome LOL. And so easy .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland