Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 02:10 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,331,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I'm wondering how long it will be before some of you realize those cloth seats no longer exist on any BART train.
Lmao. Oooops. Moving right along now then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 02:30 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,331,178 times
So I posted a poll on how far south from Oregon can be considered the Pacific NW.

You can participate here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/calif...l#post40424172

This should help people who desperately want to escape San Francisco plan their next move. If, for example, the Peninsula or Marin County are part of the great PNW, well, game on! A world away from the slop of San Francisco is just a short commute after all! You could escape to the lush greenery and relaxed vibe of the PNW and still commute to that cushy, high-paying tech job in the City

Old 07-15-2015, 02:32 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,255,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
She's probably glad I asked it too--she realized that through a Googling error, she had been mistaken about where she lives, presumably for years!
You don't read very well do you? It was not a Googling error.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:33 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,133,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Yeah. It's definitely cleaner than BART, and MUCH cleaner than MUNI.
Personally, I find the Muni Metro to be clean--cleaner than BART. Muni buses admittedly can be hit and missin some parts of town. North of Market, they seem to be pretty clean, but very crowded--that's another reason to choose the cable car. One of the bus lines that goes from my neighborhood into the Mission (discussed earlier) uses many refurbished buses that have been gutted, painted and had new seats installed. I also see many brand new Muni buses running in my neighborhood, primarily north-south, though, so not on lines that I frequent. Even the old electric buses that run up the hills around the Northern part of SF are always clean, albeit dated in their styling. I'm aware that there are some lines that can get nasty, though.

In general, Muni is cleaner than BART in my experience, though. On which lines are you noticing it being dirtier?

Old 07-15-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post

If if makes you feel any better you can blame it on my Google search feature for cherry picking and cutting it down to make the point.
I was going by this.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
No wonder, only people who relocate to bay area are immigrants with no clue about average American living standard!!!
And many bring their third would living standards with them, which is why you see so many outdated and lack of modern housing amenities in SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
At least people in LA enjoy good weather and live in a truly global and multicultural city unlike the overpriced and overgrown suburb called bay area
I agree...LA would be a much more enjoyable city to live in.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I'm wondering how long it will be before some of you realize those cloth seats no longer exist on any BART train.
See? That's why it's relevant to note the last time someone rode BART. I believe the cloth was all gone by 2012. I was a daily BART rider in late 2011-mid 2012 and remember the first few cars getting the vinyl on my trains.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
I was going by this.
That is not a Googling error

It is a data precision search...meaning instead of having you read the entire wiki page it takes you directly to the source of the information.

You sure get things mixed up don't you?

Old 07-15-2015, 02:46 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,434,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Of course women are hotter those other places. SF rarely gets to even 75*. Mostly in the 60's.
Nope, men are hotter than women in San Francisco, but then most of them are attracted to their own gender.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:50 PM

337 posts, read 405,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;40424496
Originally Posted by andyadhi01
No wonder, only people who relocate to bay area are immigrants with no clue about average American living standard!!!
Wrong...tons of brilliant people from so called "third world" who are working for the likes of Google, FB, startups etc. and either are making bank or will so in the future, plus will work on the latest and greatest technologies ;not losers like you who can barely make 60K wherever they go.

And I've seen the "average" American living standard once you take a step outside affluent areas in some cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland