Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 10:49 AM

12 posts, read 11,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I responded to all these stupid claims you made and then realized you're an asian male. And now it makes sense. It's ok, dude. I feel for you and I get why society has reduced you to lashing out against asian women like this. I read all those reports about asian men being the one of the least chosen preferences on dating sites too. I personally don't feel that way, and have dated asian guys as well as many other races, so it's sad you've actually had to come up with such an over-generalized prejudice against asian women to justify what society has done to you.

You obviously won't believe me but not all of us are like that out there. I hope you have better luck and sincerely hope you don't treat any asian women you date like they must be insecure, inferior liars. Or treat all white guys who date asian girls like they must be rejects. Of course, treating people this way could be the reason you're not having luck in the first place.
Those claims aren't stupid. There are tons of Asian women that have posted vidoes on Youtube who mentioned that they won't ever date an Asian guy and would only for a White guy because that's what makes them feel mainstream, just the same way Asians adopt white names to fit in into the White society. Why should he praise the society which has reduced him to a mere caricature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
The City is small enough that one can easily make their way over to the Marina/Cow Hollow from most northern SF neighborhoods...but if you're OK with paying Nob Hill prices (I assume you mean proper Nob Hill, not "Tendernob" places), than the Marina area won't be much different. Neither of these neighborhoods are cheap by SF standards (and "SF standards" are very much not cheap by...any standard).

The Marina is personally not really my scene, but it is a great place to meet women (I know many people who have done well in that area of the City). Lots of good nightlife there, as well.

The Marina Safeway has a well-deserved "Meet Market" ("Dateway") reputation (from people I know that live in that area), so there's that...
The Marina is mostly young White yuppies. If you aren't white you might not even go out around there as people simply won't even talk to you.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That is not changing the topic. The topic (or sub-topic/digression) is about whom Asian women are dating. If Asian men are dating, including Asian women among their dating pool, that's relevant. And much dating goes on outside of OLD, as has been said before. All relevant.

I agree with Ann; I haven't seen Asian men having trouble getting dates, though I understand that some South Asian men struggle. Some.
Most South Asian men struggle because the media here ****s on them and project them as less than suitable males and being an inferior race overall.

By denying that this discrimination exists you are actually supporting the status quo. If you are a White male I can see why you would support the status quo, because it helps your cause and you can have a wider variety of women to have fun with.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Yup. The data is unmistakable.

And just like I mentioned before, the "qualifications" you need as a minority male to date the "same" women as broke, tall, white baristas are entirely unreasonable. IMO the Bay Area no less racist than the deep south in regards to dating. BS aside. All you have to do is look around and see the obvious patterns.
To be a minority male esp if you are Asian or Indian and be able to date a girl a White, tall, broke guy has been able to date you need to make atleast 10 times what he makes per annum, and be better than him in every aspect to compensate for you being non White. That's more emphasized in the big cities in the US than the smaller towns where you might still have a chance due to being exotic.

I lived in the deep South and I have had plenty of women who were curious about me, reason being that I am very outgoing, social and extroverted which again are things they aren't used to seeing from someone of my background. So that sparked an instant curiosity and led to dates etc. Note that I am not even tall at 5'8" but that didn't seem to matter.

However the job market in deep South for a techie is limited in scope which made me arrive to this city. I am a sub human here since none of my qualities matter, all women here see is that I am not White and tall. Now I don't want to date women in this city who have the personality of a toothpick with their so called "standards" based on race so it's a win-win as I don't want to spend a penny on these characters. I am just looking to open my own business and get out of here instead of rotting away in a place where your race determines your social value even far more than the deep South.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:54 PM

656 posts, read 813,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I'm looking at an opportunity in SF and recently read in several articles that it's an awful place for straight single men as its a total sausage fest. Is that accurate? I currently live in DC but the job opportunity in SF is appealing. Does the dating scene truly suck for guys in SF?

SF has a higher than average population of gay men, which means there are more straight women available to straight men.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,405 times
Im from houston and have been seeing a girl all the way in san francisco lol im black shes asian. She is beautiful but my take on the scene is that there are alot of guys in that city and I didnt notice alot of variety compared to texas woman wise and alot of the women either look plain or are ghetto lol. I think it would be a horrible place to date as a single male. The guy that said girls have alot of options is so true. Ive never seen so many thirsty men go after the girl i was talking too in a 24 hour span hahah. The bad side to this is yes like he said I notice that many dont care if they are in a relationship or not. This is the first girl ive ever talked to for over 8 months that hasnt hinted about a relationship or even gotten attached lmaooo. I have no problem but I see how guys she has talked to in san fran get frustrated/mad etc and start acting crazy and I dont blame them lol

Old 07-19-2016, 10:08 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,443,716 times
Can women chime in and share what the dating scene in the Bay Area is like for them?

Old 07-20-2016, 10:38 PM

351 posts, read 342,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Can women chime in and share what the dating scene in the Bay Area is like for them?
Female friends that have moved to here from NYC say that it's way better for them. The ratio is in their favor, and the most obvious way to tell is that their tinder matches are 3x - 4x the amount vs. NYC

Old 07-21-2016, 11:59 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Well, I'm a short white male (5'7") and have never had a GF or kissed anyone. My depressing love life, though, has nothing to do with the area. I'm unattractive and my personality is suitable for friendship but apparently not attractive for a relationship.

There is the friend, the semi-famous lesbian who offered to experiment with me. But I don't have romantic feelings for her (at least not right now), and she never has romantic feelings for men. We would be friends with benefits and it would never become a deeper relationship. But I'm still interested, because she is someone I care about, so I feel like it would be meaningful. So there's some hope there, I guess. The only thing keeping us from doing it is that she lives far away, lol.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Well, I'm a short white male (5'7") and have never had a GF or kissed anyone. My depressing love life, though, has nothing to do with the area. I'm unattractive and my personality is suitable for friendship but apparently not attractive for a relationship.

There is the friend, the semi-famous lesbian who offered to experiment with me. But I don't have romantic feelings for her (at least not right now), and she never has romantic feelings for men. We would be friends with benefits and it would never become a deeper relationship. But I'm still interested, because she is someone I care about, so I feel like it would be meaningful. So there's some hope there, I guess. The only thing keeping us from doing it is that she lives far away, lol.
How old are you? I know some white men in this area that are around 5'7" and so on and have some pretty cute girlfriends. I know women here are more heightist than any other metro of the US but still 5'7" isn't midget status to be fair
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland