Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 05:15 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
Is this the only job in the country you can get? Why not live somewhere you can afford to not need roommates?
Upon further reflection, do you see your comment here as condescending?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
The other option is Minneapolis and Detroit, and I'd rather live under a bridge than in one of those two places.

I'll be traveling a lot for work out of SFO.

How much would I be looking at if I got my own studio?
As one who grew up in the Twin Cities (St. Paul) and spent a lot of time with uncle, aunt and cousins in Detroit - I couldn't agree more with your sentiment.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:09 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
As one who grew up in the Twin Cities (St. Paul) and spent a lot of time with uncle, aunt and cousins in Detroit - I couldn't agree more with your sentiment.
Yet, MSP is a fast growing city right now...and one of the best options if you want to live somewhere affordable yet still vibrant.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:14 PM

758 posts, read 551,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Yet, MSP is a fast growing city right now...and one of the best options if you want to live somewhere affordable yet still vibrant.
And don't forget climate change. MSP is one of the winners in that in that temperatures should moderate during the winter.

That said, people have lots of idiosyncratic reasons for liking/hating a place. Telling them they are mistaken is at minimum arrogant.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:38 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,444,112 times
I'm in MSP right now. Leaving next week and counting hours down. Just not my kind of place.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:03 AM

958 posts, read 1,147,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Upon further reflection, do you see your comment here as condescending?
Nope. Just a realistic question based on the currrent reality of the bay area housing market. Dont you have some women to harrass with your homeless buddies? Nope, not going to forget that either. Very easy hyperlink if you wanna play that game. Pretty embarrassing post on your part. Want me to go find it?

Old 09-25-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocSciProf View Post
And don't forget climate change. MSP is one of the winners in that in that temperatures should moderate during the winter.

That said, people have lots of idiosyncratic reasons for liking/hating a place. Telling them they are mistaken is at minimum arrogant.
There isn't going to be sufficient climate moderation in our lifetimes to make MSP appealing to me. To say nothing of no salt water (Whoooops! Double negative there! Y'all are going to have to figger out my meaning!)

Old 09-25-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
Nope. Just a realistic question based on the currrent reality of the bay area housing market. Dont you have some women to harrass with your homeless buddies? Nope, not going to forget that either. Very easy hyperlink if you wanna play that game. Pretty embarrassing post on your part. Want me to go find it?
Um no, your comment here to the OP was arrogantly condescending.

My "homeless buddies"? To whom do you refer? Others who actually know something about homelessness issues? Or street people you imagine I socialize with?

In any case, hyperlink away if you'd like. Nothing one bit inaccurate, cavalier or inappropriate about what I wrote that you objected to. I was right on the money. Don't know if you read my response to your rash reactive comment in that thread, but sure, happy to re-engage with you anytime on that issue.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:27 PM

242 posts, read 433,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
I'm in MSP right now. Leaving next week and counting hours down. Just not my kind of place.
I lived there for the best seven years of my life (having moved from the Bay Area). What specifically don't you like about it? I'm curious.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:18 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,444,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdude_08 View Post
I lived there for the best seven years of my life (having moved from the Bay Area). What specifically don't you like about it? I'm curious.
Just a personal preference. Weather is a huge turn off for me. Plus, born and raised in an 18 mil city, I am bored out of my mind in MSP- waaay too slow for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland