Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 07:10 PM

500 posts, read 841,696 times

Advertisements

Viva la revolucion!!

Globalists, wannabe leeches, SJWs....tough times.

Pink unicorn world of special snowflakes had crushed. CNN had lied!!

Look out libs....the Tea is in the Boston Harbor now!

Old 11-09-2016, 07:18 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze55 View Post
I'm not from California, but I live in Indiana and work in Illinois, and honestly in the whole Chicagoland area (NW Indiana included) I feel like I am the only Trump supporter in a sea of Democrats. But honestly, I just think that many people are just closeted Trump supporters, too afraid to tell others who they're voting for for fear of being labeled sexist or racist. And honestly I don't even like Trump, I just hate Hillary so much more and would vote for anyone before I would vote for her.
This thinking is so fascinating. Considering the insane things that Trump has done/said over the last year and a half, he still has people that like him (sometimes quite significantly) more than Hillary. I don't really like Hillary, either, but I can't relate the this vitriolic disdain. Like, it's to the point that she must have come to their house and physically kicked their dogs.

I'm genuinely curious - what is it about her that causes so much rage and anger? Is it the e-mail thing? The foundation?

I know there's the "establishment" angle...but people are being fooled if they don't think Trump is just the same stuff dressed up in a different way. He is part of the same elite people in this country seem to hate these days.

Trump grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth - just as Hillary has benefited from her association with Bill.

In many ways, they're quite similar. Until they open their mouths, that is.

No one knows who you are, so please share your true feelings. I want to understand this!

Old 11-09-2016, 07:28 PM

83 posts, read 92,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
This thinking is so fascinating. Considering the insane things that Trump has done/said over the last year and a half, he still has people that like him (sometimes quite significantly) more than Hillary. I don't really like Hillary, either, but I can't relate the this vitriolic disdain. Like, it's to the point that she must have come to their house and physically kicked their dogs.

I'm genuinely curious - what is it about her that causes so much rage and anger? Is it the e-mail thing? The foundation?

I know there's the "establishment" angle...but people are being fooled if they don't think Trump is just the same stuff dressed up in a different way. He is part of the same elite people in this country seem to hate these days.

Trump grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth - just as Hillary has benefited from her association with Bill.

In many ways, they're quite similar. Until they open their mouths, that is.

No one knows who you are, so please share your true feelings. I want to understand this!
Because Hillary is a lesbian looking pant suit wearing woman who is socially awkward. She lacked passion and was dull whereas the Donald is a loud obnoxious male chauvinistic bully full of money, sex, and power. Voters love him the way women love bad boys. This is Americas soap opera.

Last edited by Greenerpastures35; 11-09-2016 at 07:45 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 07:38 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,990,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
I was looking at this well before any of the DNC business. But in point of fact, yes, the GRU tried to interfere with our election. They want us out of NATO and / or to break up NATO. They viewed Trump in a favorable light due to his overt Putin bromance combined with the somewhat surprising move to the Right of the current administration and seemingly Clinton, vis a vis foreign policy. So clearly, the Kremlin favored Trump. Trump the Quisling.
No evidence has been found that the Russians hacked anything. But I find it funny that the "Russian hacker fantasy" is the topic every leftist wants to discuss rather than the content of the emails. I mean, if Hillary wasn't doing some shady ****, the emails would not have polarized the electorate, would they?

Old 11-09-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
America got exactly what it asked for: a highly "entertaining" election cycle with the outrageous guy coming out of nowhere to win it at the very last hour. It's the reality TV version of politics that people couldn't get enough of.

I hope they enjoy the fallout from their choice, considering the man they picked has zero political experience, a history of financial blunders and bankruptcies (still waiting on those tax returns btw), narcissistic personality disorder, a huge inferiority complex, a short temper, and the people he's choosing to surround himself with are GOP big shots who are the exact opposite of what he promised to deliver to America. The republicans better act fast and try to pass all of that crazy stuff he promised to the people, or we will see congress and the senate flip bright blue come 2018.

Last night was a huge wake up call for me over how many miserable people there are across the country looking to blame the government for all of their problems. Some of it is absolutely justified, while a lot of it was just brought to light because the guy they knew from TV promised them a return to the good ole days.

Since I was clearly so wrong in my predictions of what would happen, I guess I'll just watch and see if America burns to the ground as quickly as I think it will. I hope I'm wrong again.
That's the problem. The left (including many in this very thread) don't understand how Trump became so wildly popular. They go to the playbook name calling tactic of "everyone who voted Trump is a KKK member" ignoring the fact that working class whites voted heavily Obama in 2008, 2012. These same people, many now out of work, gave Trump Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan for ****s sake. Yet here you guys are continuing the same tired tactic of "You're racist, you're a KKK member, you hate black people and muslims" marginalizing their needs and life situations, just like Obama has done for 8 years.

You guys don't even realize that your viciousness is what created Trump in the first place, and in turn gave the Republicans the senate, the house, and the Supreme court, and IMO will get him re-elected if you and your ilk don't change your ways.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:43 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
This is why Trump won, people on the left need to learn from this or else they will never get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89QnZ4PtuM8

Old 11-09-2016, 07:44 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
In those more northern states it was a mixture of angry, formerly good paid workers, and, white nationalists. In other parts of the country the balance tilts more toward white nationalists.

White nationalist is essentially a euphemism for neo-Nazi.
Michigan Wisconsin and Pennsylvania went for Obama twice. Maybe there is more to it than racism and xenophobia.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:44 PM

500 posts, read 841,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
and in turn gave the Republicans the senate, the house, and the Supreme court
Oh boy....liberal luvvies are in for quite a ride! That's quite a predicament to be in!

Michigan was not populated by pink unicorns oh my god who could think!

Old 11-09-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
This is why Trump won, people on the left need to learn from this or else they will never get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89QnZ4PtuM8
Michael Moore is a fruit cake but he's completely right in this context. The left of course will just say, "Oh, those Michigan blue collars who voted for us in 2008 and 2012 are racist!"

Old 11-09-2016, 07:47 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,704 times
I hope it's not springtime for trump.
God help us all if it is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmYIo7bcUw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland